It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by demonseed

Only thing with time slips in this instance, is how did she end up in 1920s clothing?

There's nothing really too odd about the clothing. Take a drive to san Francisco and you'll see plenty of that =P

And/or maybe his/her clothing time slipped also?

The only other explanation is a time traveler and/or alien of some kind. Either way we are way out there in the paranormal side of things.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
reply to post by FoxMulder91

I do not think they knew they were being filmed. Here's why, this person seems to be older....it is sunny out, sun may even be directly above (any shadow experts on here?) Ok so typically, older people need to squint and focus on objects at a distnace. Can anyone tell how far away the camera is? My guess is its farther than 20 feet. So the person did not spot anyone filming, at least in this clip. he/she did not even give a passing glance at the camera, they would have to pause for more than a moment to realize what was going on.

2 conclusions here. Either they were in on it, and "acted" like they knew they were on camera or they didn't know they were being filmed. In both instances, they do not "notice" the camera
edit on 10/22/2010 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

As a somewhat experienced amateur photographer, my guess is that she was at least 30 feet from the camera, and maybe as far as 50 feet, but that depends on the focal length of the lens. It doesn't have the very flat depth of field characteristic of a telephoto lens, though.

One related question is whether the man and woman were extras in the film, or simply passers-by filmed in the premier, newsreel-style. Seeing the entire clip in context might shed some light on that. If simply passers-by, the woman's facial expression when she turned toward the camera may have been her reaction to seeing she was on-camera. The man walked and looked straight ahead, and the woman (or dragster) only turned briefly toward the camera.

See my previous post...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

Yeah umm, if you read the thread up to here that question has been asked and answered....somewhere around page 42 or so. Thanks for reading!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This thread isn't dying.... not on my watch!

I want this to stay alive long enough to debunk this conclusively - or at least until the filmmaker shows!!!

The more I watch it, the more I think that it's an inside Chaplin joke.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Time travelers in movies ................. Somewhere out there is an old silent film that I saw on cable around 1980 or so. In it there is a scene that lasts for around a minute , and in that scene there is a man that looks EXACTLY like David Bowie . I have no clue what the name of the movie was. Anyone remember ever seeing this?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Agreed Heff!!! Maybe we can get a dozen or more people asking about the cell towers or satelittes without reading the thread? I was thinkin about going back through the thread and counting how many times people have said "ya we know there wasnt towers" then 4 posts later its like "But they didnt have towers back then, it cant be a cell phone" Do some kind of ratio on it or something. Im bored at work. Might do it. Might not. Or i could count how many people have asked why an extra in the film is looking at the camera. Not realizing that the film clip is a DVD extra of the movie premier lol. These are not extra's they are not in the actual movie. They are pedestrians that happened to be recorded during the premier of the movie lol. That being said, it still is weird as hell to watch lol. It has a creepy vibe to it. The dude looks weird in front of her.....the whole thing is just weird.....

And i also find it insane that some of the mods are asking about the cell towers too LMAO

edit on 23-10-2010 by itbenickp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by itbenickp

Its alarming, I slipped out of this tread at pg 26 after explaining the cell phone towers and walky talkys and what happened - nothing people are perhaps not expected to read the whole tread but surly a glimpse through would get the picture. But its inexcusable not to at least read the current page where cell phones have been explained.

I too was hoping ATSers would get a grip of this before any others but it all went wobbly.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

I know man, i think i posted it about 4 different times and then as soon as it got posted i looked again and just hung my head a laughed a lil. Slumped my shoulders a bit and aww geezzz...again? I realize this is a loooooongggg assss thread but dam ppl....if i sat through and read the whole thing you can too. Then you would be just about as annoyed as i am about it lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Well... the good news is that now that half of ATS has said "no towers" maybe we can get to the bottom of what is going on here without it happening too much more!

I for one am really interested in finding the truth - or maybe in just whittling it down to a few possibilities that are intriguing or make sense!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

But alas im sure there will be more "but what about the cell towers, you cant use a cell phone with out the infrastucture and it wasnt around back then. case closed" in the next couple of pages. I'll be the first to admit i really dont know what to think about it. Its very interesting to say the least.

Time Slip? Possible i suppose, time is 4th dimensional from what i understand, and is not fluid in the way we think it is. ( i could be TOTALLY wrong about this one. Me not so smart as some as you
)

Time Travel? Again, possible i suppose. Just cuz we havent seen it YET dont mean we WONT see it.

Temporal Communication Device? If it is a time traveler that would be my theory, wouldnt send someone back in time with out the ability to communicate with them. Too much could go wrong. Why are they talkin on the device right then and there and not in a private location? Shoot, could be an emergency message. "Operative 2, you have a priority 3 communique for Temporal Command, authorization Gamma Beta 3498 Theta. Acknowledge"

Maybe they have a tooth ache and are just rubbing their jaw?

Chewing Gum?

I guess all we can do is hypothesize til the cows come home...or until we go back in time and ask this person what they are doing....."Geesh, you sure did have us perplexed on ATS, mind telling us a lil about yourself? Dont wanna come all this way just to find out you had a toothache lol"

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Time travel back in time is not possible.
Not if we think about expansion.

There is no dimensional door to pass through. Not if our universe is expanding.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
You'll are thinking too hard into this.
It isn't time travelers, cellphones, or men in drag!
IT'S JUST A WOMAN HOLDING ICE TO HER FACE because most likely her teeth hurt!
She looks like she was talking to herself because she's married! LOL

Her old man doesn't even hesitate when walking away from her.
That's the married life for you! LOL

edit on 23-10-2010 by realanswers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I would like to believe it has a more 'fantastical' explanation but after viewing the footage quite a few times now, I honestly think it's more 'basic'. She is either holding nothing in her hand and just grabbing her ear and muttering to herself for some reason or she is using one of the hearing devices that can be seen on the Siemens website.

Also, I would think that the area in which she walks past is a lot busier than we would imagine. I mean, we do only see the man and her walk past but we only see that area for a few seconds, also, in the background you can see someone dressed in white moving about and you can see a reflection in the window of someone walking past.
edit on 23-10-2010 by Buren because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Well... the good news is that now that half of ATS has said "no towers" maybe we can get to the bottom of what is going on here without it happening too much more!

I for one am really interested in finding the truth - or maybe in just whittling it down to a few possibilities that are intriguing or make sense!

~Heff

OK Heff and co - I'm hanging in for a while because i think there is a logical explanation and its not the afore mentioned (that what we won't mention again) or time travel

Just a quick look around looks like its a download

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I hate it when people look over and don't read my reply.
IT WAS AN ICE PACK THAT SHE WAS HOLDING TO HER HEAD.
She obviously had a tooth ache or injury to the face.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by realanswers

I can't speak for everyone else, but I read your reply. And it's a theory that is on the list and has been mentioned before now.

Many pages back you will find a list by Outkast Searcher of all the theories thusfar.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Okay we'll small steps then...... If you pay attention to the last frames only where he/she (I'm not convinced it a she) appears to be talking there are definite facial impressions of communication. Don't get distracted with anything else - anyone else noticed this ? if you do then its not my imagination and I have a theory.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo
Okay we'll small steps then...... If you pay attention to the last frames only where he/she (I'm not convinced it a she) appears to be talking there are definite facial impressions of communication. Don't get distracted with anything else - anyone else noticed this ? if you do then its not my imagination and I have a theory.

Yeah, I can see that she is communicating with someone or something at the end just as it fades, but think how busy that area probably was back then, also, with the premiere etc. I'm assuming it was someone who trying to grab her attention which is why she turned at the end, they could have been making a 'jokey' comment which is why she smiles (or at least it seems she is smiling).

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers
I hate it when people look over and don't read my reply.
IT WAS AN ICE PACK THAT SHE WAS HOLDING TO HER HEAD.
She obviously had a tooth ache or injury to the face.

I don't agree with this for a couple of reasons. One it is talking, look closely I believe you can detect visually how people react today when on the phone. I don't think there was ice available at least on the streets. Sure there was dry ice but you wouldn't have that on your face.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
"She looks like she was talking to herself because she's married!"

Or she's talking to herself because she's insane. But then again, you have to be insane to get married.

Why would a time traveler use a cellphone? If you have access to that kind of technology, the last thing you would be using is something as old-fashioned as a cellphone.

One thing is for sure...I'm not about to go out and buy this DVD box set to solve this absolutely meaningless mystery.

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join