It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It's a hearing aid called the, "pocket sized carbon microphone/amplifier device." If you google that with quotes it'll take you to a Siemen's page with a photo of the device being held in the same way the woman in the video is holding hers.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

It could just be an old lady that doesn't want to be in the movie and she covers her face out of shyness.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Do you think that person knew they were being filmed?
I think its plausible that they didnt.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

Thank you CareWeMust!

Another sane mind in a sea of gobbledygook and confusion...

I'm almost flabbergasted by some of the dizzy remarks I've seen. Or I'm dizzy from the flabbergasting remarks I've seen here. LOL

Yes, people, we know there were no cell towers in 1928. We got that.

But then IF this were a hand-held speaking device, it would simply be of a greater and higher technology than our minds could ever conceive of in this time period.

Yes, the brilliant Nikola Tesla was alive during this time period, but I believe most of his work was already being suppressed by our government even back then... FREE ENERGY?!?!? We've got to shut this guy up and shut him down. At least publicly....

The motivating factor for suppression has ALWAYS been greed.

We all know that the secret projects Tesla worked on led to some tragic ends, and that most of his papers vanished shortly after his death and are in secret black ops projects to this day.

So I doubt that this was one of his inventions that the lady is holding.

But the really wonderful thing about this post... people are THINKING... people are TALKING... and in SOME cases, people are actually LISTENING. What a concept!

Blessings to all!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think people are missing the full clip of this that Buren put up on youtube. It is the full 6 minutes...in 2 clips...and it is in the correct ratio.

Enjoy

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I paused at the 4:12 mark, if you look above her hand, by her thumb, it appears as if she's holding onto a pair of sunglasses.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Looks like she's scratching her head.

At first, it looks as if shes holding her hat in place.

But if you look at the part where the film starts to "cross-fade," you will notice her fingers wiggling.
Almost like shes adjusting her hat or hair/wig; or itching something. There's no doubt that costume is uncomfortable.

She could have switched from adjusting/holding her hat, to scratching/adjusting her hair/wig.

I don't see a cell phone; only a hand posture which looks like it could be confused with that of holding a cell phone. Could popular culture be seeing what it wants to see?
edit on 22-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Is this thread really over 50 pages long? Really? It really has over 1000 replies? For real? ATS is not what it used to be. I used to come here for quality posts filled with good information and now all I get is 50 pages of people speculating on some woman with her hand against her head. When 4chan's paranormal forum has more interesting threads than ATS you really have to reassess things here.

It's not a time traveler, if it's not a coincidence or some sort of contemporary technology then it's some sort of promotion for some project this guy is working on. A cell phone would do nothing in 1920 even if you could time travel. Of all the things that're going on in the world, of all the topics worthy of discussion, this is what gets 50 pages of replies.

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

That entire video was weird if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux

Is this thread really over 50 pages long? Really? It really has over 1000 replies? For real? ATS is not what it used to be. I used to come here for quality posts filled with good information and now all I get is 50 pages of people speculating on some woman with her hand against her head. When 4chan's paranormal forum has more interesting threads than ATS you really have to reassess things here.

It's not a time traveler, if it's not a coincidence or some sort of contemporary technology then it's some sort of promotion for some project this guy is working on. A cell phone would do nothing in 1920 even if you could time travel. Of all the things that're going on in the world, of all the topics worthy of discussion, this is what gets 50 pages of replies.

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood.

No it has 51 pages

Admittedly not many are reading the whole thread through anymore, but a few of us were reflecting that this was a good old fashioned kooky ats thread, not a hate partisan filled or religious zealot thread. I think its refreshing, but each to their own, perhaps you are just in a bad mood

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

I do not think they knew they were being filmed. Here's why, this person seems to be older....it is sunny out, sun may even be directly above (any shadow experts on here?) Ok so typically, older people need to squint and focus on objects at a distnace. Can anyone tell how far away the camera is? My guess is its farther than 20 feet. So the person did not spot anyone filming, at least in this clip. he/she did not even give a passing glance at the camera, they would have to pause for more than a moment to realize what was going on.

2 conclusions here. Either they were in on it, and "acted" like they knew they were on camera or they didn't know they were being filmed. In both instances, they do not "notice" the camera
edit on 10/22/2010 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
How sure are we that nothing has been added to the original film ???

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ok. Now how do you think that cell phone will work? There are NO cellular towers and there is NO satellite transmission. Even if she had traveled through time her cell phone would be useless.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
but who could he/she be talking to? even if this person had a mobile phone and someone to ring with it, the technology that makes our mobile phone calls possible wasn't around then so the phone couldn't work anyway. It looks like she's got a headache and just giving the temples a rub. shadow phone

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_spark
Ok. Now how do you think that cell phone will work? There are NO cellular towers and there is NO satellite transmission. Even if she had traveled through time her cell phone would be useless.

Not if it were able to send a signal through time. Because if they were able to send a person back through time then it would be no problem to send a signal.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It's seems that she (if she is a she) is left handed. I can't clearly see, but it seems she is holding something in her right hand. Looks like a bulky laptop bag? Probably not. Can anyone see what's in the right hand? Or what's the right hand doing?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by searching_for_truth

Ya, I think it is an IPad in her right hand... I cannot believe people are actually taking this thread seriously...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Interesting footage. Here are a few hypotheses:

The man walking very briskly ahead of her had just "whupped her upside her head," and she's holding some kind of compress to it. It might be darkened with blood. Notice that just before the man's off camera, he reaches into the breast pocket of his jacket for a handkerchief (that's where you commonly carried one in those days), maybe to wipe blood off his knuckles. Meanwhile, she's cussing and fussing at him the whole time.

Or maybe she just has an ear-ache, and is holding some kind of ice pack or something on it, while talking to the guy ahead of her.

Or, someone gave her a small souvenir cosmetics case or something with a tiny wind-up music box in it as she left the theater, and she's listening to it and singing along. A handout like that would not be unusual for a classy Hollywood premiere.

Or, maybe the street is noisy with traffic and generators for the film crew, etc., and she's holding her ear against the noise?

Or, could this be Chaplin himself, doing a sneaky cameo, and simply hiding his face a bit with his hand, and chattering away, having fun?

Whatever she (or he) is doing, I think it's likely that because we're so used to seeing people talking on cell phones, that we automatically assume that's what she's doing. It looks to me like she's talking to the man ahead of her. She looks too far away from the camera to be talking effectively to the cameraman or director. When she briefly turns toward the camera, it's hard to tell if she's smiling or sneering. If the detail were fine enough, maybe a lip-reader could decipher what she's saying? Her long flat shoes look pretty weird, but maybe that was a popular style in 1928. She also appears dressed for cold weather in Hollywood - not sure what to make of that, unless it was more of a cover for a guy in drag (the big shoes too?), or just a cool day in SoCal. Women tended to dress more covered up in those days, so maybe that's not so unusual..

Still, it's pretty startling.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by the_spark

Not if it were able to send a signal through time. Because if they were able to send a person back through time then it would be no problem to send a signal.

AND..... I am sure that the time traveler on their secret mission would of been a little more discreet rather than make a senseless call using a futuristic time bending cell phone in front of a camera.

What a funny thread. I think the point is that most of us need an escape or something wild to happen for a change. It's time. This is why threads like this one are so popular. What if's are sooo coool.
edit on 22-10-2010 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
One MAJOR flaw in the thought that it is a time traveling drag queen on their cellphone.... Even if they did take their cell phone with them to 1928... How would it work exactly? What cell phone towers would it be using? What wireless/cellphone provider would be sending the signal?

It could not work...

I cannot actually see any item in her hand. I see a women walking with her hand on her face talking...

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join