It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Hey zazzafrazz! I love this thread! It's what ATS need

It was very difficult to make out what she was saying at the very end, but it did barely look like she was saying "Hear me". That's all I could make out. I had to watch that part over and over again in full screen.

Of course I could be projecting into it but that's what it looked like to me.

Thanks for the thread!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I grew up in los angeles. 54 is very cold there. i live in ohio now and i can say cali feels colder at 54 than ohio at 34.

So dont abandon your theory so fast. you may be right. Im not agreeing, just saying.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

It was very difficult to make out what she was saying at the very end, but it did barely look like she was saying "Hear me". That's all I could make out. I had to watch that part over and over again in full screen.

Thanks for the thread!

Oh hun thanks so much for popping in!! I was waiting for you to wake up from the banks of the whisky river so you could try your hand at reading her lips!

Perhaps you did see 'hear me', or project it, but I think its great, super in fact, thats what you saw, puts a new spin on things....why ask 'hear me' ? This thread just got more intriguing !
Dunn daaauunn Duuuuaaahhhnnn!!!!
edit on 22-10-2010 by zazzafrazz because: To SIGN thank you to Deaf Alien!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 22-10-2010 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Me and my buddy where trying to find an explanation but we honestly couldn't. My friend is a huge skeptic and even he was intrigued by the OP's video. We concluded that the man/woman in question was indeed holding something in their hand and talking into it. If you watch the video carefully its basically undeniable.

I personally think that it might have been one of these:
www.youtube.com...

Time Slips. Sometimes people experience the same place except years in the past. Maybe charlie chaplin recorded a person in the future going through a time slip?

Just a random theory to throw out there. Seems more plausible than someone traveling back in time and this kind of thing has been witnessed before(whereas time travelers, if they exist, haven't actually been reported by other people).

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

Only thing with time slips in this instance, is how did she end up in 1920s clothing?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

Thanks for the thread!

Oh hun thanks so much for popping in!! I was waiting for you to wake up from the banks of the whisky river so you could try your hand at reading her lips!

Perhaps you did see 'hear me', or project it, but I think its great, super in fact, thats what you saw, puts a new spin on things....why ask 'hear me' ? This thread just got more intriguing !
Dunn daaauunn Duuuuaaahhhnnn!!!!
edit on 22-10-2010 by zazzafrazz because: To SIGN thank you to Deaf Alien!

MEMBERS, DEAF ALIEN IS INFACT DEAF....
HENCE I WANTED HIS OPINION ON THE LIP READ, some people have already asked me why it matters what Deaf Alien saw lol, cause he can lip read.
cheers zazz

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Lol Zazz. I did lose my old motorola in Ukraine once.
But it shore luks like a man talking on a mobile. Could be a time traveller
Nice find

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Laughing at the cell tower comments..

Hey! I can TRAVEL IN TIME!

But..

I need a cell tower to talk on the phone.

LOL!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
For those who thinks she was chewing gum or whatever, she (or he) had her mouth open the whole time until the very end when she stopped and started to talk into whatever she was holding.

Also she wasn't looking at the camera. She was looking down at the very end.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
LOL this is my very first double post. I've been here over 2 years and never had a double post.

edit on 22-10-2010 by Deaf Alien because: double post

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
She's adjusting her earring while chewing gum.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it an amusing coincidence that Motorola was founded in the same year as the movie was released?

If that isn't enough for you, check out a comparison of a picture of the "lady" in question in the movie, and the founder of Motorola, Paul Galvin:

i898.photobucket.com...

i898.photobucket.com...

Was Paul Galvin from the future? A future where it is totally acceptable to wear women's clothing? Perhaps a more simple explanation is that it was always acceptable in California and Paul Galvin just held back the release of the cell phone for over 40 years... You decide. lol

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Agreed
Heres my second line
Skip to my lou

OR she could be scratching her ear while chewing gum.
OR scratching her head while chewing gum.
OR scratching a mosquito bite while chewing gum.
OR picking her ears while chewing gum.
OR... well you get the point

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Here is a resource that I found which gives a LOT of information regarding this DVD - including the special features included with it.

Link to The Circus - 1928

And there is an interesting clue hidden within this page...

��� Because of the problems with the film, Chaplin put it in the vault for 40 years after the initial release, even though he was awarded an honorary Academy Award for the film. In 1969 the film was re-released with a new score composed by the star, but because of the four decade absence from the screen this film is underappreciated in comparison to his other features. It is consistently funny and is well-constructed, with little of the sentiment that would affect his later films.

Could a 40 year older Chaplin have shown a bit of his wry humor in the rerelease of this film? This could point to the older "woman" and the older pictures of "Chaplin" having more bearing....

~Heff

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Oh wow nice find
It really could be just him dressed up in a disguise to advertise his phone

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Could a 40 year older Chaplin have shown a bit of his wry humor in the rerelease of this film? This could point to the older "woman" and the older pictures of "Chaplin" having more bearing....

~Heff

WOW heff! sensational!!!!
This page has two breaks."hear me"
and now this, you think that maybe Chaplin was that person 40 years on? I do think it looks like him when you look at his image in 1965
.So post edited?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4605a892dca4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
IN MY OPINION...

This person is obviously walking and communicating to someone via a device of some sort. Two possibilities come to mind:

1. The scene is a hoax. Something done by one of today's pranksters just to generate conversation, just like we're seeing here on ATS.

2. The person is here from a Time or Space Ship and dressed in traditional clothing. They are taking that moment to contact their ship because it appears to be a sparsely traveled section of sidewalk. They could be Earth people from the future who went back to 1928 for covert observation. Or, they could be human-like entities from another planet. Since it looks like this is a man dressed in women's clothing, their culture likely doesn't understand that our sexes dress differently. They might all be naked on their homeworld.

OK..that's my 2 cents, since everyone else seems to have something to say about this interesting clip.

-CareWeMust

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
found this site, maybe it will be helpful
hubpages.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter
reply to post by maceov

I also believe that the dark wrap-around VERY modern looking sunglasses they were both wearing were not invented at this time.

Interesting point. Not sure if that's true, but it would definitely add some compelling evidence that regardless of what's going on here - it's not just some big-footed, old woman acting oddly.

Thank you Riffrafter! FINALLY somebody caught onto what I was saying earlier about the "possible" wrap-around glasses. Either they are glasses, or the man preceeding her AND the woman have some really BIG SCARY BLACK EYES.

I've said it before and I WILL say it once more that these two people DO NOT LOOK HUMAN to me. Stretched from the original format or not. The man looks like a Gray Alien with no ears and horrible skin, and she actually looks quite otherworldly herself. Especially when they are blown up to a bigger size in the film.
edit on 22-10-2010 by maceov because: Left something out and had to correct one word's spelling.

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join