It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buren

Originally posted by majestictwo
Okay we'll small steps then...... If you pay attention to the last frames only where he/she (I'm not convinced it a she) appears to be talking there are definite facial impressions of communication. Don't get distracted with anything else - anyone else noticed this ? if you do then its not my imagination and I have a theory.

Yeah, I can see that she is communicating with someone or something at the end just as it fades, but think how busy that area probably was back then, also, with the premiere etc. I'm assuming it was someone who trying to grab her attention which is why she turned at the end, they could have been making a 'jokey' comment which is why she smiles (or at least it seems she is smiling).

Now your onto it Buren... This is exactly my point. Indeed why stop right there and not continue. The camera followed her and she stopped and this indicates quite strongly its a possible set up but how. Mind you that can be verified by getting the original.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It could have been a setup back then, but I don't think it's something that has been filmed in modern day and put into the old footage as a setup. It just seems pretty absurd for the companies who released the DVD's to actually put any time into making up a fake 5-10 second scene for a six minute extra feature on a DVD, it's pretty meaningless as a scene and so would be meaningless for the company. Plus, it wouldn't fit in with the rest of the extras which are a pretty 'serious' look at Chaplin's work and the film etc.

But as a setup in 1928, I could see it happening. Although in my post referring to how she turns and stops, I wasn't meaning that it was a setup, I was thinking more along the lines of just someone shouting her or stopping her, and its just a coincidence that she stopped and turned just as the scene fades.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Buren

Points taken. Without seeing an original we wont know if the guy in the op's post has set it up for advertising sake after all he is a film maker. He was even advertising the fact.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted but check this out. A lot clearer than the original.

www.youtube.com...

Looks like the old man and the old lady are together. As he passes behind the zebra at 0:21 and his hand goes from his pocket in his pants to his breast pocket. The woman at 0:19 is seen with her hand at the side of her head, at 0:20 you only see her leg in mid walk as she disappears behind the rear end of the zebra...then at 0:23
she emerges from behind the zebra and her hand is still at the side of her head. She does not look at the camera and then it fades into an elephant.

We also have to remember what kind of cameras were being used at this time.

Personal feeling is that the woman might have been holding whatever the old man was looking for in his breast pocket...a glasses case maybe? And was talking to the old guy as he walked away in front of her , while she was shading her eyes from the sun.

~holly
edit on 23-10-2010 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo
reply to post by Buren

Points taken. Without seeing an original we wont know if the guy in the op's post has set it up for advertising sake after all he is a film maker. He was even advertising the fact.

What do you mean by 'we won't know if the guy in the OP's post has set it up for advertising sake'?

If you mean that we don't know if he just noticed the woman in the clip and realised it could be any number of things other than the most outlandish but he decided to make the youtube video anyway and now it's getting him lots of hits, then yes, I would see this as logical.

But if you mean the footage being faked or setup, then no, I don't believe any of the footage has been faked or setup in moden times (< haha, another Chaplin film, coincidence), for the purpose of creating a mystery around it. It's possible that it was a jokey thing they did in 1928 but I guess we will never know.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
omg its winston churcill

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by itbenickp

Thanks for saying that yet again about cell phone towers and the like. I too have found this thread fascinating and have been reading every thread since day 1...yet we still get people posting stuff about this being the actual movie when it is not, this is the actual footage of the premiere of the movie......I wish people would read stuff more thoroughly instead of barging in towards the end when mosrt of this stuff has already been covered...makes me bloody mad and I have only been a member of this site 3 bloody days.....

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Mabye time travel is no problem and they those who have the tech, has done it for years.

Look at the man he is talking in a cell phone

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
i recon shes got an ear ace an shes pushig hard against her ear to dull the pain abit and thats the reason shes moveing her mouth up an down to releive some of the presure in her ear.

what do use think of that ??

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

We are told that it is actual footage of the premier of the film. Truth is that Charlie Chaplin kept all of this footage locked up in his private vault for 40 years.

It could be a number of things - including edited.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Try again

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Ok I'm now going downtown Paris, buy a copy of the MK2 (french company MK stands for Marin Karmitz (now cultural advisor for french president Sarkozy)) edited film (the very one the guy is holding), and watch it, and let you know asap. How about that?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Was Thomas Edision not working on a dictaphone by then (I'll have to go do some research I guess), I know his first version was a desktop model about the size of a phonebook, but might he not also have made smaller, handheld version of it..? Or do I have the wrong time period altogether?

Edit: I see I have the right time period

www.officemuseum.com...

But the dictaphone dictating machines weren't miniaturized at all, so that's out..
edit on 23-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

This movie was shot in 1928. The first cinematic "talkie", The Jazz Singer was released theatrically in 1927.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It's pretty damn interesting, but I hope this isn't the best thread in the last month I just got here!

Hello. I am NewAgeMan.

I'm from the future.
edit on 23-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: to add the word "hello" and be friendlier.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
It's pretty damn interesting, but I hope this isn't the best thread in the last month I just got here!

Hello. I am NewAgeMan.

I'm from the future.
edit on 23-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: to add the word "hello" and be friendlier.

Umm then maybe you could tell us if it will be the best thread of the month if your from the future? JK. Welcome aboard sir!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
reply to post by itbenickp

Thanks for saying that yet again about cell phone towers and the like. I too have found this thread fascinating and have been reading every thread since day 1...yet we still get people posting stuff about this being the actual movie when it is not, this is the actual footage of the premiere of the movie......I wish people would read stuff more thoroughly instead of barging in towards the end when mosrt of this stuff has already been covered...makes me bloody mad and I have only been a member of this site 3 bloody days.....

Welcome to ATS Dave, Im new here as well. Just gotta chuckle to yourself sometimes i guess? I dont know. Im no genius by any means but i can think logically every now and then lol. Again, welcome to the freak show.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
If he or she is a TT then there must be at least two.....who is she talking to? Or is the person connected through an other dimension? If not connected with an other time is must be somekind of walky-talky because there were no antenna's built to transmit the call.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Time travel back in time is not possible.
Not if we think about expansion.

There is no dimensional door to pass through. Not if our universe is expanding.

There is nothing in physics that says time travel is impossible.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Why does it have to be a cell phone

Mabe its a Walkie Talkie 1 you dont need sell towers to use them mabe He is speeking to another Time traveler who also has a Walkie Talkie.

To me Hes defi speeking in to it and you can see he is holding something

I think its a man.

cheers for that solved Walkie Talkies. time traveler.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join