It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Buren

Well I do not think this is the short film I was referring to. obviously I was wrong.

Hmm...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buren
Full six minute clip is up: www.youtube.com...

Ok...I just watched the full six minutes straight through...nothing really exciting.

There is ONE thing that we can put to rest I think...and that is people questioning why she would be dressed in such a "warm" coat. Everyone in that footage has a coat on...men and women. So I don't think that puts her coat out of place.

Maybe with the correct aspect ratio people can see some things a little more clearly.
edit on 22-10-2010 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by vexxev

This seems to be spot on.

Case closed!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice in the 6 minute clip, She turns at the end and starts to walk towards the camera. We need the unedited version of this shot. maybe it would show her/him long enough to see whats really going on.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969
Did anyone else notice in the 6 minute clip, She turns at the end and starts to walk towards the camera. We need the unedited version of this shot. maybe it would show her/him long enough to see whats really going on.

Thats not really possible, the footage is the exact way it is on the DVD and I assume it's been like that since they edited it together back in 1928.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I just showed the clip to a friend of mine who is more familiar with that time period, and he made the comment that back in those times a lot of older people would loose their teeth due to bad dental care. He remembers people would sometimes move their mouth "gumming", or chewing on something, and it would look like these people could be talking to their self from a distance.

That combined with the hearing aid idea sounds pretty plausable.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

....people questioning why she would be dressed in such a "warm" coat. Everyone in that footage has a coat on...men and women. So I don't think that puts her coat out of place.

Has anyone else checked the movie's original release date??? I just did: It was January 6, 1928. Having grown up in LA, I can tell you it DOES get cold there, in December/January.

SO, the coats are explained. I like the "hearing aid" idea, too......

Release date(s) January 6, 1928 (1928-01-06)

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Buren

Yes thats correct. I was just saying there may be locked away in a studio, the original uncut film from that day.

There is something very familiar about the whole thing as another poster stated. Like a deja vu. Never the less, this is a great topic and a refreshing change from most subjects this week.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vexxev

The position in which the hand is held in relation to the ear and the face, and the fact that hand doesn't appear to be touching the face give strong indication that something is being held in the hand. Also, the fingers appear to be uniformly wrapped around whatever that thing is. Secondly he/she appears to be talking away while holding the hand in that position.

If a person were bothering with their teeth, they would have extended fingers applied to the face, so it's not teeth. It's not an ear ache because the hand doesn't touch the ear. Star Trek was not running at the time.

You see people talking into little hand held devices everywhere today, as a means to communicate. So I say it is more likely than not that she/he is talking on a cell communication device (notice I did not say phone).

BTW, I might suggest study of the clothing, shoes, etc, to see if there time period can be verified.

edit on 22-10-2010 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Sorry I wasn't really clear with what I was saying. I didn't mean it to come out as if he/she were fooling with his/her teeth or anything just that the person could simply be moving their mouth due to the loss of their teeth. My friend had just remembered from his child hood a lot of older people who had missing teeth, or no teeth at all and would move their mouth rubbing their gums a lot, or would always be chewing on something. I was just making the comment that it's possible the person had no teeth and was displaying the same type of behavior noticed from his childhood.

I very much agree that there is something in the person's hand regardless of what type of communications device it may be... hearing aid... cellular device... something beyond that... who knows... just another idea.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Could she / he be holding a cats whisker?

Have a google?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by vexxev

There is a condition for what you speak of. They tend to lick their lips quite a bit as well. I worked in a nursing home once and saw it all the time.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It's a hearing aid called the, "pocket sized carbon microphone/amplifier device."
hearing.siemens.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen
Perhaps Benitez's story regarding the US's Project Trojan Horse is true. Or didn't tesla invent 2 way walkie talkies way back in the day, and some controversy over the patent way back then also. Don't remember off hand. Could be a rich mogul trying out one of Tesla's radios.

Those are the only things that come to mind at the moment.

Just googled the whole two way radio thing and this is what I got
wiki.answers.com...
edit on 21-10-2010 by Majestic Lumen because: to add link to two way radio on wikianswers.

wow.. pretty find there ML LOL.. and star for ya cuz' I found something VERY interesting ..

In 1915 speech was first transmitted across the continent from New York City to San Francisco and across the Atlantic Ocean from Naval radio station NAA at Arlington, Virginia, to the Eiffel Tower in Paris. There was some experimental military radiotelephony in World War I between ground and aircraft.
from site above

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I looked at the video meny meny times over and over and the only thing i could see is her lips moving saying DhaaDhaaaadadaaDhaaaa.... but im not good reading lips so i might be wrong
I think it was a man dressed like a lady using small underwear and he walks like that becouse his balls was hurting

He might be chewing gum but im sure its gum from the future if its not a cell phone

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well it could be a time traveler. Maybe the invisibility circuits are shorted. And maybe it's common knowledge that crazy people talk to themselves.And maybe he didn't know the circuits were busted. A lot of maybes but it's just a theory.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
here i think is the answer, and the hearing aid seemed the most plausible from the beginning

hearing.siemens.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
hearing.siemens.com...

Interesting video though. It's possible its one of these, not sure why they would be talking into it though.

Edit: Oops just noticed the person above me posted this.
edit on 22-10-2010 by thecann because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
gonna star and flag this anyways reguardless,,,on its sincerity..

Its appears to be this person is cluthing a black device and and not chewing bubble gum,,,usually I go thru a majority of the replies and theres quite a bit on this one so hope i dont turn out to be a fool,,,lol...

But very great thread and post reguardless,,,!!

I guess Ill have to go threw more of the replies here so please forgive me on jumping the gun so to say,,,,lol

This is amazing to me,,,,,lol

I know there could be a rational explanation so Ill stand firm but very very neat post!!!!

k
edit on 22-10-2010 by Little_Kona because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
lol. if this was a time traveler once news got out that he/she was captured on film they would of fix theyre mistake wouldnt they? this topic would disapper along with any memory of the video. to me its obviouly a hand warmer (google coal hand warmer). she looks cold. as for the man he could be her grumpy husband trying to quickly get off screen while shes soaking up the spotlite. shes probly saying slow down frank then turns to smile for her 5 seconds of fame

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join