It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
I believe this is the most possible solution to the enigma www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22-10-2010 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

But what is the person holding?

They're clearly holding a black object to their ear.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
She was an extra. She was told to walk across the screen and experienced a bout of shyness mixed in with a bright sun. She blocked the sun with her hand and as she did that a crew member told her to put her hand down as she bashfully communicates back. It ended up in the cut because it was most likely not noticed during the editing process.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Yeah...we have been kicking around the electronic hearing aid since page 4 or 5...I even provided pics.

But no one can say for sure....that is the fun of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Has anyone been able to take a look at this yet?
www.retrothing.com...

I do believe that this is what we are seeing in this video, not the 10 minutes of 1928 footage.

Circus opens in a foggy city as an agitated man is distracted by his mobile phone. He stumbles and finds himself pulled into a seemingly deserted circus.

If this has been posted, or debunked before...I apologize. But I have not seen this mentioned yet. I would really like to hear someone's opinions.

Hi Sheep,
Great work, the work seems to be a recreation of style using an old of-the-day camera.
Maybe the guys in your link got their inspiration from this old film, (1916) of which a "mobile 'phone" is part of the plot, as is Charlie Chaplin.

www.davidbordwell.net...
edit on 22-10-2010 by smurfy because: Add link.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I am having another go at cracking this !!

In this very short footage , we first see a big crowd heading to a Big Show. There is an elephant in front of the pavillon. Then the scene changes to a less crowdy place and we only see two people ; an older guy walking in front of the woman holding the 'phone'. Here we have a saddled zebra as prop.

Then, in order to blend this scene into the other one, the zebra fades into the elephant.

Clearly, to me, this is an attempt at mixing two unconnected scenes The woman with the 'mobile phone' is from a more recent footage. This is why there are only two people. It would be difficult to dress hundreds of people into 1920s clothing if it was just a hoax or practical joke.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Exactly, even includes a "cell phone" scene. I am trying to see if this short film was included on the DVD set. IMO, this is the best possible explanation.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by smurfy

Exactly, even includes a "cell phone" scene. I am trying to see if this short film was included on the DVD set. IMO, this is the best possible explanation.

Yes, this footage is included on the DVD, it's on my DVD of The Circus, the full six minute clip should be up shortly. It split into two parts when I was capturing the footage for some reason but the quality looks fairly good. I'll post a link when they are both up.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

That's what I think too... maybe G Clarke didn't read the small print.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

My guess is that this extra was very shy and maybe a friend of someone in the crew. She was told to walk by the camera but hid her face. We cannot hear if someone in the film crew is conversing with her which might explain the mouth movements and the shy smile. It also could be possible that she has sensitive eyes and was blocking the sun. The director told her to put her hand down she talked back it ended up in the cut.

Hey Shadow,
This clip is from the EXTRAS on the DVD film shot at the Premier of The Movie outside Mann's Chinese Theatre not a clip from the actual movie. Unless you meant that the documentary part was scripted and directed.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot

My guess is that this extra was very shy and maybe a friend of someone in the crew. She was told to walk by the camera but hid her face. We cannot hear if someone in the film crew is conversing with her which might explain the mouth movements and the shy smile. It also could be possible that she has sensitive eyes and was blocking the sun. The director told her to put her hand down she talked back it ended up in the cut.

Hey Shadow,
This clip is from the EXTRAS on the DVD film shot at the Premier of The Movie outside Mann's Chinese Theatre not a clip from the actual movie. Unless you meant that the documentary part was scripted and directed.

Either way cameras were a new thing and I am sure wherever they appeared it stirred quite a buzz. The phrase 'camera shy' comes to mind. Think about it.

She was hiding her face. Since she had a hat on she curved her fingers under her hat.

The time traveler thing is ridiculous but feel free to entertain the fantasy.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Buren

Good deal, hope we can put this to rest.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
First off, I am new on here as you can see by this being my first post...ever. I've been reading posts on here for years and thought it'd be neat to add in my 2 cents for a change. I looked at this clip about 25 times, if not more. There is one thing that does stand out to me.

In the YouTube video, if everyone can look at the frames between 5:06 and 5:10, you can see what I'm talking about.

In those few seconds...the person turns to their left towards the camera. If you look at their left hand before they turn, you can see it makes a dark shadow on their face. While they are turning, you can see either a solid object or the reflection of a solid object that *appears* silver or white inside their hand. If you watch REALLY closely, that object moves or dips down as the person is talking and turns back the other way. It almost looks like a part of their lip but if you watch those few seconds again and again, you will notice that the object is definitely held and moves along with their hand. It's almost like an antenna or microphone that performers wear on stage while speaking.

I made a screenshot to show you exactly what to look for so you can see for yourselves.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b128e9f27bf9.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 22-10-2010 by icuii because: *

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
There is a comment on the youtube site by #
fatstupidwhatever that states "It's a hearing aid called the, "pocket sized carbon microphone/amplifier device." If you google that with quotes it'll take you to a Siemen's page with a photo of the device being held in the same way the woman in the video is holding hers."

This might have been covered already... sorry. I didn't have time to really look through everything so feel free to yell at me if I'm posting things that have already been covered.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Buren

reply to post by sheepslayer247

I think you two are talking about two differnent things. Buren is getting the movie premier footage from 1928 from the DVD and Sheepslayer is talking about a short filmed named "Circus" shot with Charlie Chaplins old camera and Chaplins son.

Sheeplayer: I don't think this short film you are talking about is what we are looking at. Here is a document that talks about the short film.

motion.kodak.com...

They include a screen shot of one of the scenes...and the color is all off. The clip we have been looking at is pure black and white footage...while his is using monochrome tints. I don't understand the whole process because I am not a film guy...but you can see from the screen shot that the color is all off.

So good find...but I don't think this is what we are looking at. I've tried finding the actual short film...but I can't find it anywhere.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by icuii

She is probably holding a smoking box or something.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
A 185 Flags for a 1928 video of somebody adjusting their glasses?!?!?

Wow... ATS has reached a new low.

Can you not just prove your point instead of lambasting ATS and it's members?

Make your case for the Glasses theory... I don't see any glasses

I will not rest until you can put any logic to your theory,

Originally posted by crowdedskies

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
Wow... ATS has reached a new low.

OMG..you're right. 185 flags - even more than the stupid disclodure threads. Something has to be done. Perhaps purge the membership of the 15 year olds and under.

Isn't ageism immature?

Did you agree with the Glasses theory then or was it just a dig at members?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I want to know if the short film made by Chaplain's son is on the DVD set. If so, is that the footage we are actually watching?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Full six minute clip is up: www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
O.k,Ive almost read every post. So first off. Why does it have to be a cell phone? Lets just assume it is a time traveler. It could be another type of communications device. Maybe something beyond our own tech. From what i seen in the video, This person is talking . To whom we dont know. You can see him/her smile at the end while talking. When you see his/her fingers move at the end, It looks like the person is getting a better grip on what there holding. Whatever it is, It is small and thin. The pics of the hearing aids where a good explanation. But thats all we can do is look at the rational side of it. Some people say she was talking to the guy in front of her. He was walking fast and deliberate. He didnt act like he was with this woman/man.

I have a better explanation. If the tech of the twenties offered small devices such as hearing aids that where small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, Then dont you think that the u.s government had tech far more advanced than the private sector. So possibly a government agent.

I really like the whole idea that this could be a time traveler. But there is not enough to go by to say that is so.
Great post S&F. Im just glad he didnt spot a U.F.O in the film. Time travel is far more interesting to me. I love the whole ufo saga as well. Its just getting way out of hand these days.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Buren

Awesome job Buren...and it is in the correct ratio...which doesn't make the women look like she has monster feet

Now...let the fun begin.
edit on 22-10-2010 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join