It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by crowdedskies
It took more than an hour to watch the movie in its entirety. I enjoyed it though and had a few laughs.

Why did this thread get 192 flags and nobody questioned whether the 'mobile phone' character was in the original movie.

Because we actually read the original post.
If you read the OP a bit more carefully, you might have saved yourself that hour or more you lost.

This footage is NOT in the movie.

It is taken from behind the scenes footage.
As the opening post says, it is footage of people:

Attending the premiere at Manns Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, CA

To hoax a scene and claim it is in the movie, when it clearly isn't would be easy for anyone to bust.
If you have rented this on DVD, check the bonus features.

- Lee

edit on 22-10-2010 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

link   
You know I didnt realy want to look at this thread because I knew I would trip...
Yup, I did.... OMFG !!!!

link   
Oops, think I got it wrong again....by extra I thought they meant 'an extra actor'.

That'll teach me, read the first 10 or so pages but haven't got the time to catch up on 30 odd pages so jumped to the last one...should know better by now!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Whatever he is holding is about the same size and shape and color as my Samsung slider phone lol. As a physics and engineering student, I don't see who a time traveller could talk to with the absence of communication towers and other infrastructure, but I guess if he can time-travel he could have a trans-dimensional cell phone

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

HOly Crap! It for sure looks as if he's on the phone! His mouth is moving and he kinda has a smile on his face. Only thing though, were there cell phone towers back then?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I see what you mean. I should have spotted the sign saying Charlie Chaplin's The Circus.

But now it means that the footage has no credibility. The footage cannot be verified to the original reel. It could have been made recently as part of a promotion.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SirTFiedSkeptic

Actually, now that I think of it, it might be possible with the teleportation that makes quantum computing possible. That's no joke- information can be teleported instantly from one entangled particle to another, no matter the distance. There is no current theory on whether the teleportation could cross dimensions, although I don't see why not...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by crowdedskies
It took more than an hour to watch the movie in its entirety. I enjoyed it though and had a few laughs.

Why did this thread get 192 flags and nobody questioned whether the 'mobile phone' character was in the original movie.

Because we actually read the original post.
If you read the OP a bit more carefully, you might have saved yourself that hour or more you lost.

This footage is NOT in the movie.

It is taken from behind the scenes footage.
As the opening post says, it is footage of people:

Attending the premiere at Manns Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, CA

To hoax a scene and claim it is in the movie, when it clearly isn't would be easy for anyone to bust.
If you have rented this on DVD, check the bonus features.

- Lee

edit on 22-10-2010 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

Thanks to all of you pointing this out. Yes, as you say , if it was in the original movie it would be impossible to claim it is a hoax.

Sadly an extra bit on the DVD release cannot be 100% linked to 1928

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Just to add one more wrinkle to our already very wrinkely and mysterious 'Manly Granny Tranny': Has anyone yet mentioned that this individual is a 'Lefty'?; common enough to notice in our day, as one in seven of us ARE naturally Left-Handed (I am),...however, back around 1928 (and before) being openly left-handed was heavy-handedly discouraged over the course of one's upbringing, as it was literally considered gauche and/or satanically influenced.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Sinister. Left-handed dealings. Money goes straight from the plate to the preacher's left hand. Yah my mom went to Catholic school. She was born left-handed but had it beaten out of her by the nuns.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Buren

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I haven't read all the posts here but do we have any else who can verify this footage exists on the dvd? Reason I'm asking is that the youtube clip is filmed from a tv with a camera and then compressed by youtube to boot. That's very bad quality there. Considering that and also that this guy is a film maker then my first thought is that he faked to promote his own films / festival. Also we need that clip in HD quality straight from the dvd for a better look.

Yeah, I posted a page or two back confirming that this footage does exist on the DVD release of The Circus. The version of the DVD that I own is quite a few years older than the one he shows as mine comes in a more 'deluxe' packging style and was one of the first releases back in 2003, but the premiere footage is on there, it's about six minutes in length and the 'time travel' woman appears within the first minute of the footage.
edit on 22-10-2010 by Buren because: (no reason given)

Buren, is there any way you could get the full 6 minute clip uploaded for people to look at? I know that isn't an easy task for everyone...but I thought I would ask.

Do you think that could be done?

Trying to get a higher quality video up as soon as possible. I'll post a link when it's sorted.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by afterschoolfun

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by sstark

FAIL!

there's no evidence of any phone here. The person is holding his hand against his head while talking. maybe to keep out of the shot?

Also, they had small, portable talking devices way before cell phones. you remember them, right? walkie-talkie's? like the kind they'd be using on a film set?

Walkie Talkies were invented for the Military in the 1940s, werent they?

yes, and they were also backpack sized

Yea, you're right. not a walkie-talkie, but in no way a cell phone.

hoax!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Perhaps our less-than-discreet time-traveling tranny was unconsciously guilty of a little time-traveling 'Faux PAW'.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
"Bacigalupi, Louis. California. Made barrel and paper roll-operated organs, mostly portable hand-cranked models, 1907-1957. Member of the Bacigalupo family of Berlin; changed his surname after moving to the United States."

Perhaps this was a small, portable paper roll organ like the kind found in old jewlery boxs. And perheps she was not 'taking' but singing as she held this small wind-up device to her ear?

link   
dp...
edit on 22-10-2010 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

link   
tp... ugh.. :/

edit on 22-10-2010 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
She's simply singing ... look at these Corsica singers pics

The band name is Imuvrini

edit on 22-10-2010 by rafael2607 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2010 by rafael2607 because: update the letters size

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
when i was a kid i saw a schizophrenic in the west village talking into a shoe at the store. actually, if you walk around manhattan in the 80's you were bound to find someone talking to themselves on any given street corner. seems a lot more logical than a time traveler.

has phage chimed in yet??

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

First of all I find it very intriguing, and I like that this guy is Irish.
Second of all I would recommend that he doesn't skew his problems or solutions by suggesting his answers so quickly. He cannot be certain that the individual is male or female so to even further guess that the object in their hand is a phone is a little rushed. It is a convincing argument and people should be able to draw their own conclusions before opening themselves to the presenters persuasion.

I like the story he has come up with though, we Irish love a good story.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

Hey I appreciate the effort, buddy.

I personally thought this was maybe a hearing aid, or some other similar device, being held by a woman (or man...DID YOU SEE HER FEET!!?), but that doesn't explain the laughing and talking. She appears to be hearing something from somewhere.

I'm leaning toward her being a bit unstable and just babbling into device from that time period.

- Lee

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join