It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I am not going to read through 40+ pages of posts to see if it has been posted already, so forgive me if it was.
The YouTube video has someone stating that it is an early hearing device...

Siemens Hearing Instrument History

And the person she/he is talking to is just off camera.
edit on 22-10-2010 by nonnez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

That sounds plausible

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted or not, but could this be the answer here?

www.retrothing.com...

"Circus opens in a foggy city as an agitated man is distracted by his mobile phone. He stumbles and finds himself pulled into a seemingly deserted circus.

I am looking to see if this was included on the DVD set referred to in the video.

Sorry if this info was already discussed.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I found this in my travels,

"The earliest precursor of the mobile phone was a wireless telephone patented by an American engineer in 1908."
They also had a similar system on trains.

www.mobilephonesandsafety.co.uk...

I have yet to find a graphic of this radio style 'phone.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Buren

Trying to get a higher quality video up as soon as possible. I'll post a link when it's sorted.

Many thanks Buren. I'd really like to view it - especially in the correct screen format of 4:3 vs the stretched version in the original YT version of 16:9. I assume you're ripping it that way - correct?

There's already so many odd things going on in this clip that the last thing we need right now is to add video distortion to it.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Regarding the premiere footage, there isn't really much too see, and in the context of the video the 'time travel' woman is pretty insignificant as I didn't notice it until somebody pointed it out and I have watched the footage before.

I'll try to get the six minute clip up as soon as possible though. I'm not gonna do any slow motions or close up's etc. like the guy in the video did, this is just going to be the full clip as it is on the DVD.

Edit: Riffrafter - yes, it's going to be in 4:3 aspect ratio, or at least it should be.
edit on 22-10-2010 by Buren because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by breadmaker99
The chap who mentioned his wife had a degree in psychology? I lecture psychology, and your wife should give her degree back. To make such an assured diagnosis of a human, over a short clip of a grainy old film is laughable.

I whole heartily agree with you that her diagnosis is completely laughable given the limited data.

Star for you as I could not have put it more elegantly.

Best Regards,

t

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by breadmaker99
The chap who mentioned his wife had a degree in psychology? I lecture psychology, and your wife should give her degree back. To make such an assured diagnosis of a human, over a short clip of a grainy old film is laughable.

OK Mr. Professor, You come up with a better explanation. Also, It's a theory, not a diagnosis.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzo

actually, if you walk around manhattan in the 80's you were bound to find someone talking to themselves on any given street corner. seems a lot more logical than a time traveler.

Ah, another ATS'er who spent time in NYC in the 80's.

I said something similar along with my thoughts about the pro's & cons of that theory in an earlier post. Link below:

Earlier thread post

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I posted these statements & questions 10 pages back or so and have not read anything related. Any Opinions?

---- I did find it interesting that the person presenting the DVD footage stated "...God, I hope to God that it is on your own because if it's only on mine then what the Hell have I got?"

Any here have any thoughts on the statement?

Seems to me that maybe someone else who has this DVD should check the footage to make sure we at not being taken in by some clever Marketing Campaign.

Note that in the beginning he points out his movies and in the end he ask for us to "BUY" his movies and gives the website. With 37,502 YouTube hits when I watched the video and typed this post and now 42,261 hits just about 12 minutes later he is getting a lot of marketing value.

F & S

Great Thread,

t

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadBrad
MYSTERY SOLVED! My wife works with the mentally ill. She has determined that this person is displaying an absolute classic case of schizophrenia where the person is talking to an object believing that they are communicating with another person in that object. She appears paranoid when she sees that someone has noticed her,and tries to conceal that she is talking to someone. Her appearance is also a clue of a disturbed mental state (cross dressing) which can be seen in schizophrenics. So what's more likely, a time traveler, or a mentally disturbed person? Trust my wife, she has a degree in psychology!

This is your post breadmaker99 was replying to and it clearly states "MYSTERY SOLVED" not THEORY.

No need for the Mr. Professor sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
My guess is that this extra was very shy and maybe a friend of someone in the crew. She was told to walk by the camera but hid her face. We cannot hear if someone in the film crew is conversing with her which might explain the mouth movements and the shy smile. It also could be possible that she has sensitive eyes and was blocking the sun. The director told her to put her hand down she talked back it ended up in the cut.
edit on 22-10-2010 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
the person is cause is simply listening to a pocket radio...

nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadBrad
MYSTERY SOLVED! My wife works with the mentally ill. She has determined that this person is displaying an absolute classic case of schizophrenia where the person is talking to an object believing that they are communicating with another person in that object. She appears paranoid when she sees that someone has noticed her,and tries to conceal that she is talking to someone. Her appearance is also a clue of a disturbed mental state (cross dressing) which can be seen in schizophrenics. So what's more likely, a time traveler, or a mentally disturbed person? Trust my wife, she has a degree in psychology!

Yeah, I'm definitely going to trust somebody I never met on the internet just because they claim their wife has a degree in psychology...

Good theory, but that's all you have, a theory.

Besides, how do you know the person is cross-dressing? It could be a woman, just albeit one who looks more like a man.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by istayaway

If she is listening to a pocket radio in 1928...she is still a time traveler because they hadn't been invented yet.

So yeah...not so simple...and there is a little more to it.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buren
Regarding the premiere footage, there isn't really much too see, and in the context of the video the 'time travel' woman is pretty insignificant as I didn't notice it until somebody pointed it out and I have watched the footage before.

I'll try to get the six minute clip up as soon as possible though. I'm not gonna do any slow motions or close up's etc. like the guy in the video did, this is just going to be the full clip as it is on the DVD.

Edit: Riffrafter - yes, it's going to be in 4:3 aspect ratio, or at least it should be.
edit on 22-10-2010 by Buren because: (no reason given)

Great - thanks!

No worries on the lack of slow-mo's or close-ups. We can probably do that ourselves with a little software.

Speaking of which - for all the video experts and/or serious hobbyists out there. Any recommendations on software for the rest of us? Preferably relatively easy to use, downloadable and free and/or shareware. I've got a few different programs on my PC from here & there but I don't use them much and am definitely not an expert in this area.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by istayaway

Impossible.

The first transistor radio, a portable radio, wasn't out until decades later. They developed the transistor in 1945.
edit on 22/10/10 by Mak Manto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Has anyone been able to take a look at this yet?
www.retrothing.com...

I do believe that this is what we are seeing in this video, not the 10 minutes of 1928 footage.

Circus opens in a foggy city as an agitated man is distracted by his mobile phone. He stumbles and finds himself pulled into a seemingly deserted circus.

If this has been posted, or debunked before...I apologize. But I have not seen this mentioned yet. I would really like to hear someone's opinions.

link   
I think the important thing to remember here is that we should all keep our eyes open whenever we look at old images or footage so we can spot the out-of-place time traveler or Men In Black when they appear. And of course those discoveries should be posted here as soon as possible.

Thank you for your diligence.

edit on 22-10-2010 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

link   
I believe this is the most possible solution to the enigma www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22-10-2010 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join