It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Would it be too difficult to put the entire 6 minutes up for viewing? It's my belief that it's a modern day cameo played by Martin Cooper (the inventor of the cellphone) as a joke. With today's film aging technology... this is probably the most logical explanation. Look up Martin Cooper... they do share similar facial features. Also this person had on gloves... something men in drag do to conceal their hands for obvious reasons.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
the shape of the hand and angling of the fingers make it look like the person is holding something

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by sstark
reply to post by zazzafrazz

FAIL!

there's no evidence of any phone here. The person is holding his hand against his head while talking. maybe to keep out of the shot?

Also, they had small, portable talking devices way before cell phones. you remember them, right? walkie-talkie's? like the kind they'd be using on a film set?

Walkie Talkies were invented for the Military in the 1940s, werent they?

yes, and they were also backpack sized

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
A walkie-talkie back then (if they existed) would have looked more like our first cell phones, huge with a big antenna sticking out of it.

She/him is a bit overdressed as many have said, maybe it was to cover a backpack type receiver and the "phone" is connected by an unseen cord to it.

I like the psychological analysis of a schizophrenic talking to themselves, either way we all spent a lot of time watching a black and white flim of a zebra today.

edit on 22-10-2010 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
hearing.siemens.com...

My friend Matt sent me this link.

*Edit* He admits he didn't find this on his own, haha. Sorry if it was already linked in the thread (I haven't looked).
edit on 10/22/2010 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Ok. This is the first time I've suspected someone of being a disinfo agent... or just highly ignorant

But. Cellphones work on FM radio signals. Thats it, just a lower frequency than normal radio. So It's feasible in the least that cellphones were secret inventions by Tesla (I mean the man was a super genius scientist).

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Did anyone see this link at the YouTube page?
(Sorry if it was posted here, I didn't see it)
1924 Siemens patent for a compact, pocket sized carbon microphone/amplifier device suitable for pocket instruments.
hearing.siemens.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buren

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I haven't read all the posts here but do we have any else who can verify this footage exists on the dvd? Reason I'm asking is that the youtube clip is filmed from a tv with a camera and then compressed by youtube to boot. That's very bad quality there. Considering that and also that this guy is a film maker then my first thought is that he faked to promote his own films / festival. Also we need that clip in HD quality straight from the dvd for a better look.

Yeah, I posted a page or two back confirming that this footage does exist on the DVD release of The Circus. The version of the DVD that I own is quite a few years older than the one he shows as mine comes in a more 'deluxe' packging style and was one of the first releases back in 2003, but the premiere footage is on there, it's about six minutes in length and the 'time travel' woman appears within the first minute of the footage.
edit on 22-10-2010 by Buren because: (no reason given)

Buren, is there any way you could get the full 6 minute clip uploaded for people to look at? I know that isn't an easy task for everyone...but I thought I would ask.

Do you think that could be done?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Right. I have now debunked this.

In an earlier post, I said that it could be a hoax and asked if anyone had seen the original reel of this movie. I can say that I have downloaded and watched the movie in full and there is no such scene of a person appearing to hold a mobile phone.

It took more than an hour to watch the movie in its entirety. I enjoyed it though and had a few laughs.

Why did this thread get 192 flags and nobody questioned whether the 'mobile phone' character was in the original movie.

This is a hoax or someone played a practical joke.

edit on 22-10-2010 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2010 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

You could have saved yourself some time if you would have listened more carefully as the first step of your debunking. It's not from the movie. It's footage from the premiere (not part of the movie itself).

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadBrad
Trust my wife, she has a degree in psychology!

It may surprise you that other people might have degrees, too, and that they, in fact, post here as well.

link   
Here is something worth looking and consider....

hearing.siemens.com...

link   
New theory: It could be the local town idiot talking to him/her self like that woman did to a log she carried in a televisionserie which name I have forgotten.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

So what was 'an extra' doing at the premier?

link   

It's not in the movie...this has been stated many times.

It is in the "extras" on the DVD of this movie of footage from the movie premier.

link   
The chap who mentioned his wife had a degree in psychology? I lecture psychology, and your wife should give her degree back. To make such an assured diagnosis of a human, over a short clip of a grainy old film is laughable.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak

You could have saved yourself some time if you would have listened more carefully as the first step of your debunking. It's not from the movie. It's footage from the premiere (not part of the movie itself).

Yep. Also, if it was apart of the movie... it wouldn't be anything special whatsoever, just a prop or something.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak

Not sure I understand you. The OP said :

"The footage is appearing on a guys youtube also promoting his film festival".

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The power of suggestion is an amazing thing. I watched this video before reading any replies. I watched it with no volume and skipped over the guy who discovered it.

I prefaced my post with that because after reading all of the comments, the one thing I don't understand is why everyone keeps saying "she" was surprised by the camera. It doesn't look to me like "she" saw the camera *at all*. It looks, in fact like someone on a device of some sort who stopped and glanced around and was saying something excitingly to the "person" "she" was talking to. When I'm walking down the street talking I the phone, I often get caught up in the conversation and just dead stop. In fact, I stupidly did it in the middle of the street recently and didn't see a car coming straight at me. I probably would have missed a camera filming me too

As to whether it's a phone or not? Could be, doesn't mean it was a Time Traveller though. Some trains had phones in 1926, they could comunicate long range, but communication was in fact possible. I see no reason a leap couldn't be made to some sort of wireless radio communication device.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by afterschoolfun
reply to post by OldDragger

Ok. This is the first time I've suspected someone of being a disinfo agent... or just highly ignorant

But. Cellphones work on FM radio signals. Thats it, just a lower frequency than normal radio. So It's feasible in the least that cellphones were secret inventions by Tesla (I mean the man was a super genius scientist).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, you got me! i'm a highly ignorant disinfo agent.
Yeah Tesla invented practically everything? Or was it part of The Nazi flying saucer program!?
Sure it's "feasible" that Tesla invented cellphones. It's also feasible that flying monkeys....aw, never mind.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join