It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by maceov

Thank you...I am sorry I missed your earlier post on Mr. B. and Project Pegasus. It is truly fascinating.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What is the charge of a time to time phone call anyway?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Smack

That is not a 21 year old woman.

Elizabeth Morrissey
Born: September 14, 1907 in Brooklyn, New York, USA
Died: April 20, 1944 (age 36) in New York City, New York, USA

Earmuffs that are long rectangle shaped?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
IT'S A WOMAN..SHE'S CLEARLY TALKING ON A MOBILE [CELL] PHONE...RELAX....GET OVER IT...TIME TRAVEL IS REAL...MOVE ON.....

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Clavicula

"HELLO...CAN YOU HEAR ME THEN??"

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

It is ofcourse

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Now we do all know that the silent movies were all about exagerated movements and parodies.

Further that this was a Hollywood film set.

I think ATS needs to get out more!

I wish people would pay attention. These are not actors and this is not a film set.

This is stock footage in the extras of the premiere of the movie.

And like has already been said, the cell tower argument is weak and not logical

Now that being said, my first thought was a hand held radio and talking outloud to her/hisself about whatever was heard.

But as has also been stated the facial features and maneurisms are of someone focusing on the communication with another person. I don't know what to think....
Jaden

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Can people at least try to read the thread before posting?

1. We know that there were no cell towers back in 1928. Thanks captain obvious. Nextel offers direct talk, no towers needed, talk directly to other phones within range. So maybe there is another traveler nearby that she is communicating with.

2. This was not a movie set. This was shot at the premiere of the move The Circus out on the streets in Hollywood CA. This is a random person walking by not a paid actress.

3. The reason that the persons features look long and distorted is because it was filmed at 4:3 ratio and converted to 16:9 when posted on Youtube. Everything is stretched making her feet and hands look huge.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
HELLO? HELLO? COMMON SENSE? THIS IS A WOMAN ON A MOBILE PHONE OR CELL PHONE TO OUT NORTH AMERICAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS......GET OVER IT....ITS ATS...ACCEPT....DONT BE SCARED.....

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Okay, assuming for the sake of discussion that a person and their cell phone or walkie-talkie couldbe transported back in time to 1928, could not it alsobe possible to transport a digital answering machine to some secure location in 1928, where any message it received could be recovered in the future and be listened to in 'real' time?
Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have no idea what it is, but how can someone get RECEPTION BACK than. There are no Satellites back than, unless he went back, launched one just so he could call 1 person when he was back in time... Who knows what it is but its deff. not a cell phone.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden
I wish people would pay attention. These are not actors and this is not a film set.

This is stock footage in the extras of the premiere of the movie.

And like has already been said, the cell tower argument is weak and not logical

Now that being said, my first thought was a hand held radio and talking outloud to her/hisself about whatever was heard.

But as has also been stated the facial features and maneurisms are of someone focusing on the communication with another person. I don't know what to think....
Jaden

Cellphone, are you guys serious?! Handheld radio, LOL, back 1928, sure.

You are seeing just pattern, she could just speaking herself and crapping her ear/earings. But if you think that Cellphone is the better guess I will bet my money to somewhere else. People people...wakeup.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
YES I KNOW THE TRUE!! I did an experiment, i dressed like a lady and got a nice hat and big shoes and walked just like her with a cell phone, now i am ready to go back in time, no one will notice me, im so excited!!!.........who can i call?...........hard to scratch my balls in this dress

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
I think we can make a guess at the identity of this person.
From IMDB: Betty Morrissey ... The Vanishing Lady (uncredited)
www.imdb.com...

And the object she's holding could be earmuffs - she is dressed for cold weather, or a headset - they had these in 1928:

Nope... Betty was born in 1907, that would have made her 21 years old when this footage was shot...

EDIT sorry for reposting that
... 1 more page had allready been written, I forgot to refresh
edit on 22-10-2010 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

But what if by bringing it back, it affected the technology of the future. Allowing us to create better products by examining what someone had already created. Possibly making technology itself more efficient.

This is weird.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Mods....can we PLEEEAAASSEEEE have a disclaimer about cell towers and satelites in the OP? Or at least tell everyone to read the entire thread, see how many times it has been brought up, see how many times we told them we know they werent around....pretty please?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConMi27
reply to post by Mactire

But what if by bringing it back, it affected the technology of the future. Allowing us to create better products by examining what someone had already created. Possibly making technology itself more efficient.

This is weird.

Yep she created motorola...

Anyways I want to "re"point something out. Why does everyone assume she traveled back in time ?... Why not the futur ? Picked up a compact walkie talkie in the future and came to 1928, but originaly maybe from 1920?
edit on 22-10-2010 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I would also note the angle of the sunlight. She could have been blocking the glare with that hand against her temple as she came into view.

link   
Very curious. I've seen this thread hoverin everywhere and thought that it's ridicilous but finally decided to check the clip. I can't in my mind come up with any explanation to this but I wouldn't think time traveller straight away. Also if anyone has this dvd could we get that ripped in HD format for better look?

link   
reply to post by WeSbO

Simple fact; no telephone/AM/FM masts at the time = no phone capability.

Speculation; she's holding something to her ear, what could it be.

Lets not jump to conclusions.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join