It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

Originally posted by elitelogic
One this is for sure, if I ever get a chance to go back in time, I am going back to this movie premiere, and I am going to walk behind the lady with a blue tooth headset and an ATS t shirt.

Yep. This is not over until the fat lady sings.

2nd line
edit on 22-10-2010 by micpsi because: to follow ATS rules

Actually, that may be exactly what is happening in this clip.

It's Chaplin's metaphorical way of saying the party's over for the silent film era and everything that follows is just a Circus...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Tesla is known to have created several *wireless* technologies. This could have been an associate of his, using a "cell phone" like device of limited production. Tesla was HUGE in this time period, his star was on the rise, or had risen pretty high already.

1. Tesla could have sold a portion of his technology to a J.P. Morgan type company (if not Morgan's itself). They could have produced a few phones for close family, friends, executives, etc. By pure chance, one of the holders of the device was caught on film.

2. Tesla rubbed elbows with the stars of his day, having reached the highest level of celebrity. He must surely have met Chaplain; it's possible they were friends and this was staged for historic preservation. --Secretly staged as a private joke perhaps.

3. If not Tesla, then the other possibility is really time travel. And who is to say that Tesla didn't accidentally discover some (now classified) new discovery. Perhaps his extreme manipulation of electromagnetic energy opened a doorway. Perhaps he used it a time or two, or someone gained access to his invention and used it.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Walkie Talkie not invented until WWII and they were very large. This is very strange indeed.---and those shoes are HUGE !!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

LOL i think you should look again they have nothing in commun, not the same face not the same accent, one is from belfast and the others is swedish and this video of time travel man with a tatto This is just a TV commercial for AMF pensions. A swedish company that sells life-insurance and pension-funds. man!!!! i told you one hundred time put your glasses on

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
First things first a totally fascinating find S+F..........
I've looked at the footage in detail frame by frame,copied cut and blown up............
I see

1. A old lady/man with Arthritus and cannot fully extend their fingers and muttering in embarrasment as she passes in shot.........( my mum use to do the same exact thing)

2. A time traveller in cognito......you know this could be a form of confirmation. e.g Time machine hq sometime in the future or present: "Load the chaplin movie and watch it, send the agent now". Agent arrives and gets into the shot as appears in the now altered movie while speaking to hq on his phone (If they can send matter through time a electrical or digital signal would of been their first breakthrough)....."hello mum"!!!!!! Inconspicuous way to confirm a experiment in time? Films in real streets would be a great way to hide and confirm experimentation in time travel. Time to trawl all the movies of public street scenes that is easily accessible.

What a great thread......Thankyou
edit on 22-10-2010 by DreamerOracle because: editing

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
and for cryin' out loud, if you could time travel, eveybody knows you'd have to do it naked. so a fanny pack with some breath mints, a debit card, your cellphone and a 3-gig flash drive to download all the sweet black & white photos you'd bring back with you, would simply not be possible.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
A 185 Flags for a 1928 video of somebody adjusting their glasses?!?!?

Wow... ATS has reached a new low.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
Has anyone not noted one of the first comments posted about THE LACK OF CELL PHONE TOWERS IN 1928?!??
I apologize if this has already been discussed in the previouse thirty eight pages of deliberation on this topic.
Who would this person be speaking to?
I can't believe I'm even asking this ridiculous, albeit rhetorical, question.

there is a simple answer for that from a time travel perspective - if it is possible to send a person back in time, then its certainly possible to have a communications device that transmits over time. A time traveller would need some form of device to call "home" to say "i've arrived in 1928, everything is ok."

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

POST OF THE YEAR! BRAVO!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

i certainly would buy into the Tesla angle. it could well be that we're seeing a field test of one of his wireless devices filmed accidentally. and because its secretive, we get the curious "man dressed up as old lady so as to not attract attention"

an old lady would be relatively inconspicuous , even back in 1928.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Regarding the comments about cell phone towers didnt exist back then....

If you have studied a little about String theory and M-theory, it is stated that we may be living in different membranes which surround our local universe. That being makes it possible to have multiple layers, like multiverses. If the graviton exist and actually can escape from the local membrane and explore other membranes in distant universes and/or time cells, then "cell phone" like communication would be possible, by modulating gravitational waves, thus entering unknown realms wich could cross barriers of space and time, including higher dimensions. This is not Sci-Fi...this is an in work theory being heavily studied as the theory of everything.

So...cell phone towers may not be needed after all, and the communication could be with someone out of this realm.

This is just a possibilty and I'm not stating this is the answer...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Actually, that may be exactly what is happening in this clip. It's Chaplin's metaphorical way of saying the party's over for the silent film era and everything that follows is just a Circus...

BRILLIANT!!

SO, it's Chaplin, in disguise, talking to the person with a hidden camera BEHIND the Zebra. Why is there a hidden camera?? To film the audience reaction to the movie when it's shown, for later analysis.. Why does he have a hearing aid (which of course HE could afford)?? To hear what's being said about his movie! It's the premier. It's why he acknowledges the camera making the shot. He knows it's there. The crazy clothing (especially the bizarro hat) is to distract the eye away from the fact that something (the hearing aid, cutting edge for that time) is being held to the ear.

WELL???? It certainly PLAUSIBLY explains it!

ETA: Ok, not hidden behind zebra, hidden in palm trees.. he glances that way briefly before he looks directly at the camera filming him.

edit on 22-10-2010 by ThatDGgirl because: more info

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I don't chime in often but this post is fun. I zoomed in on the still frame right before the "person" turns to look and the ears on this thing look more or less pointy?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
SO ITS 1928 IT CANT BE A AM/FM RADIO. BUT SURLY ITS A CELL PHONE. MAYBE SHES TALKING TO A BANANA

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Why don't you show all of us silly ATSers how it could possibly someone adjusting their glasses? Get a screenshot and show me glasses anywhere.

You can see when she turns to the camera at the end that she is not wearing glasses.
Show some proof of your claim before insulting the ATS community.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

OMG..you're right. 185 flags - even more than the stupid disclodure threads. Something has to be done. Perhaps purge the membership of the 15 year olds and under.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantele

I'm thinkin' that if you have the technology to speak with other realms & dimensions, that the technology of a cell phone would be prehistoric & stone-age in comparison, therefore negating the use of a cell phone, period.

When I think of making a call to another dimension, I don't see myself doing it with a cell phone.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Oh come on...have some fun...you don't have to be mr serious
all the time...sometimes you can be mr fun

You have as much proof that it is someone adjusting their glasses as someone saying they are a reptilian overlord on a scouting mission. But come from an opinion with no factual backing...yet you 100% accept one of them (your own) and outright reject all others.

If it is so clear that they are adjusting their glasses...why is it that you are the first to mention it? Are you just that much smarter than the rest of us?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Why don't you show all of us silly ATSers how it could possibly someone adjusting their glasses? Get a screenshot and show me glasses anywhere.

You can see when she turns to the camera at the end that she is not wearing glasses.
Show some proof of your claim before insulting the ATS community.

Well, I am not insulted.

I think it would be nice to see evidence that there IS a cell phone.
Heck, people here can't even agree that it is a woman. There is a lot more evidence of that than there is of a cell phone.
I am going to stick with my theory that it was a 1928 version of today's bag lady. Please debunk that.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

A few points String Theory, Time Zero.....................................
I could sit and write a story about living on a planet far far away and seeing a star in the sky and at the point the light reached me from the star they were filming a chaplin movie....I decide to jump in my ???machine??? capture the exact point in time and space and travel theoreticly well above the speed of light .......(Big Bang e.g of particles well beyond the speed of light) and arrive a time just before or way before the movie. It could also have been a tv show drifting out in space (radio waves) Calculated to its origin and the traveller appears on the money so to speak.
We are only at the beginnings of real physics....we are at our own limits ....SO FAR.

edit on 22-10-2010 by DreamerOracle because: editing

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join