It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski

the hands are massive,anyone else notice how big the hands are
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/356682c75a8f.png[/atsimg]

Thanks snapperski, this is something I noticed as well. Some sort of glove thing going on there.

I think the best thing to do is contact Warner Home Video, and locate the original film of this scene.

It's possible they put this opening night extra together from original film for the DVD. If this is the case, they would have added in the dissolve between this scene and the next. That means this original scene might run longer than what we are seeing. It could offer us some valuable extra frames.

Perhaps 'she' walks off after the dissolve and reveals what she was really doing, and the mystery is cleared up, or not. I'll give it a go contacting them.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Acorn

That's not the case. What most people here are assuming is that this clip presented is from the Charlie Chaplin film. Or that this was a movie set. We even have the OP of the thread offering up clues relating to the director of The Circus.

It is not.

It's footage from the premiere at Grauman's Chinese Theatre. Meaning, there was no casting call. No movie set. No actors. This was footage filmed from the street. Gawkers, onlookers, and yes, even shoppers could have been in this shot.

I'm a firm believer in Occam's Razor: The simplest answer is usually the correct answer.

Maybe it's not a block of ice in a kerchief. But, certainly there were dentists in 1928 Los Angeles. Certainly there was ice. And certainly it was common practice in 1928 to apply ice to counter swelling after having a tooth pulled.

I just don't see the point in guessing that it's some futuristic device that was captured on film, when there are plenty of logical explanations out there.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Well, so much for randomness. She is talking to the man in front of her. And if thats a mobile, she ought to carry her headset to avoid radiation. But the tech could be different.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I'm surprised that none of the replies to this original post mention DARPA's Project Pegasus or Andrew Basiago's tale of participating in the U.S. goverment's secret time-space explorations. In one such mission, which took place in the spring of 1972, Mr. Basiago actually admits to having been sent back to Gettysburg PA., November 19, 1863 via "plasma confinement" where he appeared in a photograph which was uncovered in 1951 and published in LIFE magazine. Mr. Basiago did not become personally aware of the old photograph until he found it in a news magazine until 1972.

How do you know that to be true? You don't, of course. Basiago has not provided one jot of evidence to support his claims, nor has anyone else confirmed them. Here at ATS, we don't analyze extraordinary claims by assuming the truth of other equally extraordinary claims. It is not good science.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

THANK YOU ITBENICKP!!! (Big Smile)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I was hoping it would be our pal Albert again.

Clearly not though.... unless he's in costume.

It's obviously worth looking at and an interesting task solving the riddle... but It obviously has nothing to do with time travel... these threads are always worth a look for comedy value.

edit on 22/10/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I have watched the video NUMEROUS times.. If you watch the woman's fingers during the close-up at 2:59-3:01 you can CLEARLY see her fingers MOVE.. They move freely enough, that in my opinion, if she was holding a small object in her hand, she would've dropped the item... Or she is holding the object in such an odd manner that her fingers are free to move as she is pushing the object with her palm, against the side of her head. I'm sorry.. I have a pretty open mind, ETs, cover-ups, secret black projects, what have you, are all possible in the deep recesses of my brain, but when I watched this clip, nothing jumped out at me screaming, "Time-travelling bag lady! (or possible drag-queen.. older Slavic women sometimes develop linebacker qualities with age)"

I can see where the idea of this women talking on a cellphone comes from. I believe the misidentification comes more from how the human brain works in interpreting peoples body language/movements then the actual possibility of a time-travelling grandma. Just like people see faces in the cloud, or attaching human behaviors to funny crap animals do. Like my dog, a brilliant west highland terrier, will claw at the remote control for the boob tube, sometimes turning the TV off, or changing the channel/volume.. Now, did she do that because she knows the controller will do something to the TV, or is she clawing at it because she sees it is holding my attention, and she wants a belly rub... NOW.

What if someone walked by with their index finger to their ear, just like the secret service do when receiving a radio signal, in this video? Would you believe that this person is receiving some type of communications? Or picking at the earwax in their ear? It's 1928.. What do you think is actually the most RATIONAL, LOGICAL, explanation?

The possibility that this woman is a time traveler is there, but it's also possible that it's Danny Devitto in drag after he gets sucked into a black hole while filming "Twins 2: In SPACE".

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Not sure if it has been discussed in this massive thread. But the possibility that this man/woman may have been using an early Carbon hearing aid (1900-1939) is possible. They consisted of multiple components and she may have been holding one of them in her hand.

Interesting pictures. Pay attention to the battery cases of these devices. Kind of looks like the shape in her hand.
www.hearingaidmuseum.com...
edit on 22-10-2010 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I'm surprised that none of the replies to this original post mention DARPA's Project Pegasus or Andrew Basiago's tale of participating in the U.S. goverment's secret time-space explorations. In one such mission, which took place in the spring of 1972, Mr. Basiago actually admits to having been sent back to Gettysburg PA., November 19, 1863 via "plasma confinement" where he appeared in a photograph which was uncovered in 1951 and published in LIFE magazine. Mr. Basiago did not become personally aware of the old photograph until he found it in a news magazine until 1972.

I have never heard this story befor !!! I have got to go and find that photo, is it available on the net ???
edit on 22-10-2010 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Hello IAMTAT,

As a matter of fact, I already did post a reference to Andrew Basiago and his time travel experience.

I encouraged others to see his videos on YouTube and hear his story, that I found him to be VERY credible.

Thank you for this! Brilliant minds DO think alike!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by maceov

Your welcome
.....now if only people would stop talking about these cell phone towers.....

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

You are correct in stating that I personally do not know Mr. B's claims to be factual...and, in the interest of contributing to the already highly speculative nature of this this particular thread and it's many replies, I included them with the qualifier that the points I've mentioned are of Mr. B's own admission.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Wow...still going strong.

So in the last few pages I am seeing people say that they don't think it could be an electronic hearing device because they weren't around until the 1940s. But from the websites I am seeing, the first electronic hearing devices popped up in the 1920s...it is true that most of the pictures I found were of ones from the 1930s or 1940s...and some didn't have dates on them. But articles do state that they were around in the 1920s...that they were of the same handheld design and that you had to hold them up to your ear.

Again...I don't know if that is actually what she is holding or holding anything at all. But I do think it is a possibility...and high on the plausibility.

Here is a link to my original post about the hearing aids with pictures and links to articles:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think this post deserves a bump since people are still talking about the lady and her feet.

Maybe we can get these pics put in the OP?

Also...maybe someone who has some extra time can resize more images...or hey...do the whole video clip.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
(Not sure if this was brought up before)

When I first saw this video, my immediate thought is that a 4:3 aspect ratio film was being horizontally stretched to fit a 16:9 aspect ratio HD screen.

Here's how it probably should look:

Notice the "woman's" frame is much more normal, as well as the hat on the man in front of "her" and the zebra statue. Also, more important, the shoe size looks much more appropriate.

Still not sure about what's in "her" hand.

Now that you've seen a more natural aspect ratio of the original, see how distorted the YouTube version looks?

I find it odd that a "film maker" wouldn't pick up this obvious issue and call attention to the shoe size (and hand size, etc.)... which is clearly distorted.

edit on 22-10-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2010 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
most of you are idiots who will see the attacking UFO over your head and you will say "yea,but..." ZAAP.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I don't think it's a mobile phone, for obvious reasons already stated but she's definitely holding something. Looking at the image with inverted colours you can clearly see an object that isn't a simple shadow, look at the way she is holding the object:

It looks to be around 7-8 inches long and is shaped like an old microphone almost? Though that makes no sense. I'm positive there will be a rational explanation, however.
edit on 22-10-2010 by Timeslikethese because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by Wolfenz

NO way man , thats weird , has anyone debunked his video ???
2ndline

you can find it here on ATS through the ATS search engine ... of the Debunking ...

Those that Question ...
Håkan Nordkvist has visited the future (bibliotecapleyades)
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The Time Travel Story of Hakan Nordkvist (hubpages)
hubpages.com...

He has proof(a video) that he has traveled to the future and seen his self as an old man, page 1

from what i have read ..
That video is claimed to be a Viral Insurance ad campaign Hoax from a company that was going belly in Sweden ...
I haven't seen it on the Media News nor have i seen it had alot of you tube hits..

the Facial features have differences

I say hoax ...

Originally posted by easynow

was debunked as a commercial or advertisement

Who knows ...

I have posted that video for the Reverse of what this thread is
edit on 22-10-2010 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I think we can make a guess at the identity of this person.
From IMDB: Betty Morrissey ... The Vanishing Lady (uncredited)
www.imdb.com...

And the object she's holding could be earmuffs - she is dressed for cold weather, or a headset - they had these in 1928:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Timeslikethese

Sorry.....got way to distracted by your avatar....

Niiiiiice

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Not having been present at the time of the original filming, I can't help but agree with your point of this being based largely on conjecture of our observations.
However, I must point out that, partly because of my upbringing, that almost all women are shes.

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join