It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
my reply was the best so far..

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm almost perplexed as to the vast amount of negative comments that I find here on this subject, or most subjects here on ATS. If the majority here are nay-sayers "poo-pooing" virtually any and all comments that seem to be thoughtful or logical and that require an open mind, WHY ARE YOU HERE???

If you are not believers in extraterrestrials, fine. We're all entitled to our opinion. But I think it would be nice to find that the non-believers would at least respect the beliefs of those who do. I am a believer. I've seen too much in my lifetime. I have researched entirely too much to NOT believe.

For those who doubt time travel, go to YouTube and type in Andrew Basiago, whose father placed him in just such a program when he was just six years old. I find him VERY credible.

There is technology and has been interaction with extra-terrestrial peoples for many decades now. Of course, the government thinks it knows what is best for the populace, as they believe the people here could not handle the truth... After reading so many discouraging, rude, disbelieving comments, I'm ALMOST convinced that they may be right. We are quite possibly a nation of small-mindedness.

Of course there are those paid by our government whose sole design is to mock and disregard and poo-poo just about everything said on the subject.

To the rude poster who mocked what I'd written previously, I've never watched "The Event," so I didn't get my information from a television program. But whose to say that movies and t.v. programs have not been "hinting" and in some cases "trumpeting" the truth of what is out there. Just imagine the possibilities!

I have researched vigorously, hundreds of hours, watched many videos, and found many very enlightening. Of course there are impostors and nut-jobs all in that mix, but ANYBODY with a discerning mind and spirit, can sort and sift through the nonsense and REALIZE the truth when it is spoken and come to a mature and logical conclusion.

I guess until you've seen a UFO with your own eyes, it might be hard to believe and accept the possibility.

Let's PLEASE put away our narrow-mindedness and paranoia here and at the very least be more respectful of other's opinions and postings.

Thank you!
edit on 22-10-2010 by maceov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
So you think it could be David Rockefeller?

I am a passionate traveler, and from the time I was a child, travel formed me as much as my formal education.
Quotation of David Rockefeller

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4daa53f254c1.jpg[/atsimg]

If so he is so lucky and i would say a big fan of Chaplain...
edit on 21-10-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

The TT does look a bit like Rockefeller!!! Could someone please place a picture of the TT with thsi picture of David Rockefeller Please? Lets do compare...

link   
maceov, this DOUBTING THOMAS behavious,is a ket feature on ATS. you will find very few open minds on here.

link   

Originally posted by elitelogic
One this is for sure, if I ever get a chance to go back in time, I am going back to this movie premiere, and I am going to walk behind the lady with a blue tooth headset and an ATS t shirt.

Yep. This is not over until the fat lady sings.

2nd line
edit on 22-10-2010 by micpsi because: to follow ATS rules

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeSbO
reply to post by elitelogic

Well at least you now know that you will never go back in time to this paticular moment or you would have been walking behind that women as it is in the past...
So if ever you see yourself in a film and you know you was not there then you know for certain that at one point in time you will time travel to that particular moment

LOL! you get Mrs Blondes, best coment on this thread award

I wish I could make it my signature

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a short while ago i wrote up a thread of an interview with a man from the future and stuck it on ATS. some things actually came to pass and what did i get? grief!!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I have not had time to read all the replies so far, but will as I have time.
Having said that this is my take on the clip:

This is a woman, possibly from eastern Germanic or Slavic decent.

The reason I say "woman" is because the stride is that of a female.

A woman leads her steps with the toes of the foot, as opposed to
men, who lead with the knee. This is also what gives the rolling
motion to a woman's hips which we men like so much.

Because of her apparent built, which I know could be padding under
the coat, and the little bit which can be seen of her face, she would
fit in rather easily with the "then" current immigrant population of this
era. She could be of a second generation, but still seems to fit into this
general appearance.

As to the object which she is holding. There is definately something
there. It is dark, thin, and square along the bottom edge. As to it's exact
function I could not speculate, but she does move her lips twice. This
would seem to indicate speech. But to whom? Not to the man ahead of her.
She would have to shout at him, which would require her to open her
mouth wider.

In the last frames which show her, she turns toward the camera. I don't
think she was an extra used for the filming. I think it would be better to
assume she was just in the right place at the right time. She would not
seem to be aware of the camera until she turns and even then, because
it was obviously at some distance, she may not have ever known she
was filmed. During this time many street scenes were simply shot at
a point of times and convience with no need for paying people to be extras.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by maceov

What the hey? We were asked to see if we cuold work out what it was... that's what people are doing ... if everyone agreed it was Mis Marple on a day trip back in time then... well...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

It's not an iPhone, he'e holding it totally wrong

It doesn't appear to be anywhere near his ear, as you can still see the ear.
And his fingers appear to holding a Round Object, also doesn't mean it was a two way
device. It could be just a Magnetic Sound Recorder, they were around in that time.
Could be a an early version of a Spook.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ewokdisco
a short while ago i wrote up a thread of an interview with a man from the future and stuck it on ATS. some things actually came to pass and what did i get? grief!!

I'd be interested in seeing this thread.

Care to provide a link?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
typical woman walking and talking on her mobile. next we'll see her on her penny farthing bike talking on her mobile while fiddling with her new handbag!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
If it's a cell phone, then who is the service provider and where is their antenna?
Are we assuming she is speaking to someone back at "headquarters" or something?
Or maybe just a walkie talkie type device.?

I dunno, weird stuff. Or maybe she was a crazy person imitating someone talking on the phone.

Either way, I wish someone would filter the footage and do a shadow analysis or something.
what I find fascinating is the way he/she stops and turns at the end and supposedly says "can you hear me now?"I know that's exactly what I do when I'm about to lose a call.does anyone else find it interesting that she walks exactly step for step with the gentleman in front of he/her?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

Ewok Disco,

Obviously... and what a shame.

I find many articles and posts quite enlightening and fascinating.

I'm not sure I want to walk up and shake hands with a gray alien or a reptilian, as not all E.T.'s are our friends, but to just mock anyone that believes in the possibility of their existence, or in the possibility of time travel, is a downright shame.

Thanks for your response though.

I find it encouraging.

edit on 22-10-2010 by maceov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by elitelogic

What about this examples:
beckerexhibits.wustl.edu... (from... 1845!)
or this:
beckerexhibits.wustl.edu... (somewhere around 1930)

Sources:
beckerexhibits.wustl.edu...
beckerexhibits.wustl.edu...

edit on 22-10-2010 by Bottom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Woops this is the one i meant!

I'm almost perplexed as to the vast amount of negative comments that I find here on this subject, or most subjects here on ATS. If the majority here are nay-sayers "poo-pooing" virtually any and all comments that seem to be thoughtful or logical and that require an open mind, WHY ARE YOU HERE???

If you are not believers in extraterrestrials, fine. We're all entitled to our opinion. But I think it would be nice to find that the non-believers would at least respect the beliefs of those who do. I am a believer. I've seen too much in my lifetime. I have researched entirely too much to NOT believe.

For those who doubt time travel, go to YouTube and type in Andrew Basiago, whose father placed him in just such a program when he was just six years old. I find him VERY credible.

There is technology and has been interaction with extra-terrestrial peoples for many decades now. Of course, the government thinks it knows what is best for the populace, as they believe the people here could not handle the truth... After reading so many discouraging, rude, disbelieving comments, I'm ALMOST convinced that they may be right. We are quite possibly a nation of small-mindedness.

Of course there are those paid by our government whose sole design is to mock and disregard and poo-poo just about everything said on the subject.

To the rude poster who mocked what I'd written previously, I've never watched "The Event," so I didn't get my information from a television program. But whose to say that movies and t.v. programs have not been "hinting" and in some cases "trumpeting" the truth of what is out there. Just imagine the possibilities!

I have researched vigorously, hundreds of hours, watched many videos, and found many very enlightening. Of course there are impostors and nut-jobs all in that mix, but ANYBODY with a discerning mind and spirit, can sort and sift through the nonsense and REALIZE the truth when it is spoken and come to a mature and logical conclusion.

I guess until you've seen a UFO with your own eyes, it might be hard to believe and accept the possibility.

Let's PLEASE put away our narrow-mindedness and paranoia here and at the very least be more respectful of other's opinions and postings.

Thank you!

VERY well said! I applaud you!
edit on 22-10-2010 by itbenickp because: wrong quote

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

this extra not being experienced or aware of protocol is simply trying to cover their mouth from the camera while talking to the director/producer/cameraman or whoever...

That was pretty much my thinking. For cell phones to work, you need towers, and I'm fairly certain they weren't there in Chaplin's day. Of course, it could be some kind of Star Trek communicator, but it's probably more likely it's her (or his) flask, and he got caught drinking on camera by the director!

It's neat, but really a lot of supposition when there could be other, more mundane explanations.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It looks like she could have been talking & walking along with the man who ends up in front of her. She could have had an itch, dropped back, still talking away and sorting her itch.

Rather than a mobile phone, the dark area could quite easily be a shadow.

Toward the end you can quite clearly see the middle finger and index finger (possibly come from under her hat and) scratch her head. I am not convinced that there is an object in her hand.

As for the person being a man, who knows - it is the 1920's and the person is no spring chicken - it could quite easily be a woman who is rather bloke-like.

I'm interested to see how this pans out...
edit on 22/10/2010 by skibtz because: typo thingys!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
If it's a cell phone, then who is the service provider and where is their antenna?
Are we assuming she is speaking to someone back at "headquarters" or something?
Or maybe just a walkie talkie type device.?

I dunno, weird stuff. Or maybe she was a crazy person imitating someone talking on the phone.

Either way, I wish someone would filter the footage and do a shadow analysis or something.
what I find fascinating is the way he/she stops and turns at the end and supposedly says "can you hear me now?"I know that's exactly what I do when I'm about to lose a call.does anyone else find it interesting that she walks exactly step for step with the gentleman in front of he/her?

also, if something very important is being discussed on a call, you instinctively STOP walking don't you?

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join