It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I agree that she's holding something rectangular.

A handbag perhaps? Below is a picture of 1920's handbags...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

If this is pure irony
If not

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
If this was a time traveller back in the 1920s, their cell phone wouldn't work because there were no cell phone towers or satellites.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Anyways we will never know
But if it was a Time traveler, there is more chance he is holding a walkie talkie picked up on a previous time travel trip (people seem to block out the notion that it may not have been the first time travel trip the person has made, god you don't build a time machine to use it once lol...).
For a time traveler a walkie talkie would be a nifty toy if you are not alone on your trips and you have to seperate to explore the area.

EDIT : Can the poster please add in the OP to stop talking about bleeding cell phone towers ?????

edit on 22-10-2010 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
EASY; She is cupping her ear so she could hear her own voice like singers do

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupremeKnowledge
EASY; She is cupping her ear so she could hear her own voice like singers do

Cup your ear,in order to be acousticly adequate for hearing your own voice and, compare to the video, please... To cup your ear your fingers have to be joined together...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Come on guys, there's nothing in his/her hand. There's nothing sticking out of his/her hand, you only see her/his hair in the background. At the end of the clip you see her/his fingers moving in a way that suggest there's nothing in the hand. I wish as much as you guys for a mystery here, but what you wish for should not be what you see.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
If the person was twittering or texting It would be more believable.
What if the person is just nuts?
Like a child, a child will pick up a stick, rock, deck of cards and hold it like a phone and talk into it.
this poor person could be just mimicking talking on a phone, as stated the person looks a little off the normal.

I've witness plenty of nut cases walking down the street just talking away having full conversations and this was before cell phone blue tooth ear attachments. So were these nuts time travelers too?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I have a plausible theory that could adequately explain this. The "man" is not a human being, but rather an alien masquerading as a human, hence his disproportionately large feet and the device it is holding is some sort of high-tech telecommunications device it uses to converse with its own beings. Either that, or it is not an alien, and just a guy who got smacked in the face by a guy who has an aversion to big feet and now he is complaining about how unfair his life is that he was born with extraordinary large feet.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

EDIT : Can the poster please add in the OP to stop talking about bleeding cell phone towers ?????

Thankyou! I have been tryin to say the same thing for my last 4 posts but sure enough, soon as a page is added some is like "Cant be a cellphone, they didnt have the towers back then"

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
One this is for sure, if I ever get a chance to go back in time, I am going back to this movie premiere, and I am going to walk behind the lady with a blue tooth headset and an ATS t shirt.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I don't know... The "time-traveler" obviously went through some steps that would "disguise" themselves in this time period.. and they have access to "time travel" technology, but don't have access to any hands free communication devices that they could use, that other people around them wouldn't notice? I'm in no way convinced that this person is holding a cell-phone-like device. Maybe she has an itch above her ear? Brushing some hair behind her ear? Their hands also appear like they possibly could be arthritic, explaining why their fingers are in that position.

Another point is this takes place on a busy street, during a large movie premiere.. Would the "time-traveler" be so nonchalant as to pull out their quantum radio device and give HQ an update while walking down a busy boulevard with large amounts of people milling about? Does any of this make ANY sense?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
is it Mr Titor? is a clever hoax? could someone on here engineer one to test it out? IF i purchased this dvd now,would i see this fellow?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by wirehead
If this was a time traveller back in the 1920s, their cell phone wouldn't work because there were no cell phone towers or satellites.

could you kindly engage at least some sort of thought process before making comments like that?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by elitelogic

My theory is, if the footage is real then it shows that the event took place when it did. It also shows a person apparently talking into a device ( hand is tightly wrapped around it ). Person seems occupied with talking as if in conversation ( we see it all the time ). So it seems authentic.

1. The person may be talking to the future.

2. The person may be talking to others travelers with him at other locations.

3. The person is of the time period but either not from Earth, or from a more advanced culture existing at the time.

The man is in drag. This would bring attention to himself in that time, so that is a minus showing he wants to be seen by others. Or he wants people to leave him alone for being weird (of the time) and so he will not be approached.

I believe he is from near our time, and that he is from Earth, and that it was after the discovery of time travel at CERN (yet to come but an obvious outcome ) .

edit on 22-10-2010 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by elitelogic

Well at least you now know that you will never go back in time to this paticular moment or you would have been walking behind that women as it is in the past...
So if ever you see yourself in a film and you know you was not there then you know for certain that at one point in time you will time travel to that particular moment

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I can not watch the footage right now but it is a nice find.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by netron

Agree'd!

3rd line

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

He looks like an old man in pain, suffering the body but trying to look happy for the event he is partaking in for successes sake. I would not doubt that he has Time Traveled, but remember God loves this man too.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hiya... I just commented on youttube about this! Sppookyyy...

OK where I grew up there was an old lady who was hard of hearing, she used to have several devices to help her hear.

One was a long horn and the other two were smaller, hand bag size...

like this

www.vanleestantiques.com look in medical/ears/ear horn....

That one one there is cell phone shape / size... I think the lady was hard of hearing and probably just shouting "Have I walked far enough? want me to go further?"

*shrug*

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join