It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

How do you know it's a phone? How can you jump to such conclusions? Maybe she's fiddling with an ear-ring.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
22 pages of threads and nobody to debunk it......justa bout says it all.
If this is, and its a big "if", maybe this guy was leaving his mark, some form of proof that he was there in that time and place.
Its photographic evidence for his superiors that their machine works.

Maybe the Trojan Horse project has credibility after all.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

There is no time traveling, just motion, we move.
You can't go back in time, everything is on play for infinity.
Rewinding are just past memories, just your mind thinking of the past..
If you wallk backwards it means it's time travel ?

It's only us and the road ahead, some chose to walk in circles "time travel and some chose to go forward.
I would say in stead of carry on is carry off, go forward but be carefull. The very notiong of this word. "be full of care with what you do, if you run too fast in anger then you are left dry.

This galaxy is spining everything is spining but there is always something new.

Some people just don;t understand, there is nothing to fix, we can only better our self as we go in front but with great care or else everything will colapse.

Yep that is the theory. If we can admit that time travelers when traveling forward in time, can come back to their original date, but not go back in time. Nothing stops somebody from 1920 (if time travel machines have existed since then of course) going to the year 2050, bring back some souvenirs, and go back to 1920 then jump to 1928, which is of course our past but their futur :-D . Just all depends on when the time machine was invented, and for all we know Tesla or Einstein could have invented a working time machine yonks ago

The guy could have been a big fan of charlie chaplin and was speaking to a friend on a walkie talkie (picked up in 1980) and saying : "god you won't believe where I am, I am just walking in front a charlie chaplin premier RIGHT NOW!!!! Dammit a camera just saw me S#@!# !!!! "

All that to say that in the case of a time traveler, just because walkie talkies don't exist doesn't mean he hasn't picked one up while traveling in time.
edit on 22-10-2010 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Look at the man walking just ahead of her.....they are both in total sinc....same size...even their walk/stride is the same. Look at his face.....he looks exactly like the time traveler/woman behind him. Is it just me, or does anyone else see this?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It cant be a radio becouse it was 1928..........It was a cell phone!!! yes!! im smart and i have 100 smart freinds too!! and i make movies!!!!! It was a thin black device!!!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
well sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one.
the sun is very bright and this person was trying to use there hand to shade there eyes .
as for the person talking well old people tend to talk to them selfs alot

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
And also if I'am correct this is footage from the premier of Circus, it's not a film it's documentry isn't it ? So they are ot actors just regular joes walking by.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Maybe the guy didn't want to be on camera and was trying to cover his face with a candy bar while talking to his imaginary friend?

Honestly, I'm not convinced that their is anything out of place in this video. I suspect that it's just an unintentional illusion.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
well sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one.
the sun is very bright and this person was trying to use there hand to shade there eyes .
as for the person talking well old people tend to talk to them selfs alot

Seriously, no really. Do you cover your eyes like that ?
No a bit of logic here, it's not a natural hand posture for covering your eyes... And I don't see how her/is eyes are being covered...How do you cover your eyes with your hand over your ear ? Have a go...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitelogic
To address the point of "If this were a time traveler with a cell phone, wouldn't the cell phone be smaller?"

Sure. If it was a normal cell phone. But, maybe quantumly entangled cell phones being able to send a signal across time are bulky in even in the time traveler's era. Maybe it's new technology for the time traveler and as such hasn't been miniaturized efficiently.

Or, perhaps trans-time capable cell phones are *required* to be a certain size in order for them to function. (The qbits need to be spaced in a certain manner.)

starred.

make perfect sense from the "time traveller" theory perspective.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

That looks right except for the concealment piece...

This aid, manufactured by the French Electric Co., around 1930, is housed in an interesting camera-style case. This is an unusual example of an electrical concealed hearing device.

The one in the video was anything but concealed...
edit on 21-10-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

Why talk to a hearing aid?

And what about those enormous feet?

You obviously don't know about "charley chew-tongue" LOL... the person is old enough to have that disease where they are constantly gumming their toungue...

This is a pretty easy to solve question here, especially after seeing the hearing aid mentioned... its an exact match to what the person has in their hand and it was invented ~1930 and this is how it is used, held to the head "like a cell phone"

Not sure why folks want to continue to see something that just isn't there... perhaps folks just want to believe

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by WeSbO

go to 4:11 in the video , and look at it frame by frame until the picture becomes clear.

now notice how TWO sets of fingers are spaced out.

you cant do that normally - you have to have a rectangular object in your hand, at an angle.

try it yourself with an iphone, android or similar palm sized device.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Has anyone since watched the movie to tell us in which CONTEXT this scene is showing up?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

a hearing aid would not cause the gap in fingers shown at 4:11

if the hearing aid was a minature horn shaped device , the fingers would be all together , cupped around the hearing aid horn.

that is NOT happening at 4:11 ( step through it frame by frame until it becomes clear)

4:11 indicates a RECTANGULAR device held at an angle.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by netron
reply to post by WeSbO

go to 4:11 in the video , and look at it frame by frame until the picture becomes clear.

you cant do that normally - you have to have a rectangular object in your hand, at an angle.

Do i have to dress like an old lady for that?.....please say yes, yes

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Perhaps the director told the extras to act like nutjobs to create a "circus" like atmosphere and he or she conjured up the obsurd idea of talking into a telephone which doesn't have any wires.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Has anyone since watched the movie to tell us in which CONTEXT this scene is showing up?

its not in the movie. its from a DVD extra showing the premier of the movie- and that scene is from a series of shots showing folks walking by the cinema where the premier of "the circus" was held.

this is mentioned at the end of the youtube video.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeSbO
And also if I'am correct this is footage from the premier of Circus, it's not a film it's documentry isn't it ? So they are ot actors just regular joes walking by.

yes you are correct. its just footage from outside the cinema where the premier of the film was held.

now unless it was all staged, it is supposed to be just average joes walking by.

its extra footage on the dvd , as explained at the end of the video.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by netron
reply to post by WeSbO

Just to confirm what you are saying but with explanations. Euhhhh well that's how I hold my phone ... two fingers at top and two near bottom, one to hold the very top of the phone, one finger to access the volume buttons quickly near the top of the phone, and two others to support the bottom of the phone. So no I fail to see the posture of the persons hand as being anormal except if he is not holding anything... But I still fail to see how you protect your eyes from the sun with one hand over your ear.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Deexie77

Yes, many people have already commented on that. No one has elaborated on it yet. They are more worried about those stupid non existant cell phone towers lol. How many time do i have to say it lol, IF this is someone from the future, why would they need cell towers? Im not the only one that has tried to tell this to ya'll. And yet everyone keeps bringing it back because they arent reading the thread. Ive read everypage of this thread and as soon as someone explains why they dont need the towers, with one or 2 posts, some one will go "what about the cell phone towers? If it was a cell phone they wouldnt need towers and they didnt have them back then..." Geesh lol. Let me say it yet again..

Its been mentioned ad nauseum that if it WAS a time traveler, they obviously have tech that is totally unknown to us, and more than likely they would have some way of communicating though time ok? I mean really, who in their right mind would send someone back in time with no oversight? Is there a single person anyone trusts on this planet we feel we could let go back in time un supervised? Dont you think that might have been part of the planning? You dont throw someone back in time and just say "eh, do what you want, we'll hear from you when you get back" NO, there would be constant communication, updates, SitReps, mission briefings, co-ordinate and temporal sync's etc! Hence, there would be communication. Whether this video is real or not, that is something you got to keep in mind on the "cell phone tower" crap.

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join