It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by multichild

Nope nothing hand-held in that period of time, I checked and could not find anything befor the 40's.

It would also be interesting to find out what he/she is saying (it looks like "i'am not a baby"
)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
reply to post by KingKickass123

Alienz invented After Effects to hide their true plans from us.

I read it somewhere.

Yeah, in this post actually as I was proofing it.

-m0r

Sure they did.

I'll just leave you kids to your thing and move along.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Hello, hello

In 1928 communication roared into higher development.
MGM’s Leo the lion roared for the first time. He introduced MGM’s first talking picture, "White Shadows on the South Seas". Leo’s dialogue was more extensive than the film’s, whose only spoken word was, “Hello.”

The teletype machine makes its debut.
Television sets are put in three homes,
In an experiment, television crosses the Atlantic.
In Schenectady, N.Y., the first scheduled television broadcasts.
The world's first combined radio, cable, and telegraph service co. is created,
General Electric station WGY, broadcasts the first regularly scheduled television programs.

In 1928 some would have known and imagined devices we use today and this video looks like proof of that.
It could also add to the withholding technology theory.

truly amazing

Also just a mental question:

The Guy in drag looks like Guglielmo Marconi

surly not....? however it would be interesting to know who the individual was.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Mobiles or not, phones were around in 1928. Could this just be a woman pretending to talk on one?

Time travel is impossible anyway, otherwise why wouldn't we see people from the future to tell us it's been invented?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

NO way man , thats weird , has anyone debunked his video ???
2ndline

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I think its a dude in drag and covering up the fact he is a dude by using his hand. Probably didn't have enough extras for the film. This person could of been in another part of the movie as well.

or just a really ugly women playing with her earring...
edit on 22-10-2010 by Optix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
its probably a NOKIA

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I believe she was just listening to a program being broadcast on some portable radio perhaps in the AM spectrum since it was popular during those times. But my question is what radio manufacturer at the time had a consumer radio that small? I can’t think of any.
Then the next question is if it was indeed a cellphone name what cell phone carrier was in operation at the time the answer =0 so it would be impossible for her to be talking on a cell phone to anyone at the other side. This is a mystery I love this site I just joined.

edit on 22-10-2010 by DogonSiriusOne because: spelling

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Wow o wow zazz...

A mobile phone? Really?

Haven't read the thread, probably mentioned many times though; there was no infrastructure to support mobile phone networks. There is a very mundane explanation for this... doesn't even look too much like she's holding a mobile phone specifically.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Zazzy, great thread...crazies included!

Now, the only problem with this video for me is the fact that 100% of people who have seen it, are preprogrammed with the mobile phone to the ear mentality. I wonder what a person who has no idea what a mobile phone is would think it is?

Well ok they would probably be wondering what the hell a computer is, or what youtube is.....but I hope you understand my point.

Fortunately, we've had some good suggestions in the thread, a hearing aide of sorts, a small heater, maybe it's a shoe phone and she's really a Control agent?

All of these could be it, doubt we'll ever know though, time traveler with a usable mobile phone is a huge leap IMHO since the above mentioned "mundane" answers would be much, much higher on the list (survey says.....!).

Shame it's so old, I'd hazard a guess that everyone involved in the movie has well and truly passed away.

Anyway, thought I'd add my 2c!

edit on 22/10/10 by Chadwickus because: (reason classified)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
To address the point of "If this were a time traveler with a cell phone, wouldn't the cell phone be smaller?"

Sure. If it was a normal cell phone. But, maybe quantumly entangled cell phones being able to send a signal across time are bulky in even in the time traveler's era. Maybe it's new technology for the time traveler and as such hasn't been miniaturized efficiently.

Or, perhaps trans-time capable cell phones are *required* to be a certain size in order for them to function. (The qbits need to be spaced in a certain manner.)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
its definitely a NOKIA

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
That is pretty weird, he/she does look like he/she is talking into a mobile phone, although I doubt he/she would get decent network coverage in the 1920's. :-)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Shminkee Pinkee

That´s a good point...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by itbenickp
This is the thread that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, this is the thread that never ends. I cant believe i read through the entire thread. Can i get a prize for that or something? Couple things i must mention. And i found this annoying as hell. Practically EVERYTIME someone would point out that you dont have a need for a cell tower in relation to what is PRESUMABLY cell phone but could be some other form of communication, someone would come right back and just obliviously say something that it is a cell phone and something about a tower. READ THE THREAD. Its been mentioned ad nauseum that if it WAS a time traveler, they obviously have tech that is totally unknown to us, and more than likely they would have some way of communicating though time ok? I mean really, who in their right mind would send someone back in time with no oversight? Is there a single person anyone trusts on this planet we feel we could let go back in time un supervised? Dont you think that might have been part of the planning? You dont throw someone back in time and just say "eh, do what you want, we'll hear from you when you get back" NO, there would be constant communication, updates, SitReps, mission briefings, co-ordinate and temporal sync's etc! Hence, there would be communication. Whether this video is real or not, that is something you got to keep in mind on the "cell phone tower" crap.

That being said, still looks weird as hell.
edit on 22-10-2010 by itbenickp because: (no reason given)

And once again for the cell tower folks out there.....

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hi,

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the last 30 pages but I have dug out a little more information to add to our conjectures.

In 'The Great Beyond' a book about physics, higher dimensions and the Theory of Everything by Paul Halpern he covers the friendship between Charlie Chaplin and Einstein. They first met in 1931. This reveals a few salient points;

1) "Dr. Cecil Reynolds was Chaplin's personal physician, brain surgeon who moonlighted as an actor...." (He fancied himself as a physics expert apparently). "During the course of the evening (when Chaplin first met Einstein) , Reynolds had the chance to show off his knowledge (to Einstein). He brought up a recent book he had read, 'An Experiment with Time' by J.W. Dunne. The 1927 treatise used concepts in relativity to justify the possibility of communication between past, present and future - including prophetic dreams and other claimed psychic experiences. Had Einstein read it? No. Einstein never read specultaive works..."

2) "As an iconoclast himself, Chaplin greatly respected Einstein's independent spirit. In an age of talkies, Chaplin was the only director with he patience and courage to continue to produce silent films. It took boundless energy to round up actors who were even willing to do pantomime and train them in the precise gestures of sight comedy. Sometimes it would take days just t perfect a minute of footage."

3) Reynolds did have a bit part in a Chaplin film but this was in 'Modern Times' in 1936.

Maybe someone added a time traveller (as a joke?), however, given the second point - Chaplin's efforts and dedication in directing it is unlikely he would have missed such an anomaly. Therefore, the person was a part of the original film script and is doing something mundane or it has been added at a later date (when mobiles are a part of our everyday understanding).

Peace!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chadwickus.....

a small heater

"A small heater"?

What.....do you reckon they wandered around with heaters stuck on their heads?

And.....wouldn't the heater burn her hand?

How do you know she isn't too hot & she's holding an iceblock instead?

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 22-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Syntax

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
for all of the people stating that there would be no mobile phone network for the person to connect to.
If they can go back in time then surely they would have went back in time and set up a base of operations , for whatever porject they are working on, they would have constucted a cell phone tower or radio transmitter for sending and receiving messages and telecomms.

I thought that was obvious

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This may well be a hoax. When the film was put on DVD it is possible that it has been tampered with. Does this character holding the 'phone' appear on the original film reel ? Until we know for sure, it is not worth speculating.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
She's probably speaking to the camera - remember they're SILENT movies - "where do you want me to stop, here? - oh, keep on walking?"

That's why she stops and looks at the camera - they've got 2 people to walk past for foorage.

Don't you think she'd have aroused suspicion if she was walking down the street having a conversation with herself when mobiles didn't exist.

Which of course brings you to the definite and absolute proof that it isn't a mobile - there would be no infrastructure.

No basestations, no uplinks, no satellites, no network - mobile phones aren't walkie talkies you know.

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join