It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
s/f..
great thread...
deffo holding some device in her/him hand,and chatting away...kinda looks and walks like the evil penguin from batman..
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e2147df647f5.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0664656006c8.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2286ad3bf9d.png[/atsimg]
the hands are massive,anyone else notice how big the hands are
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/356682c75a8f.png[/atsimg]

notice how big the chin is aswell...its very odd.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/58e79a3a3f4d.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d58554d0c7a.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35f40866f458.png[/atsimg]

as already said,if this someone from the future,or even some kind of alien in disguise,they surely would have advance tech..
you just have to look at the tech we already have to day,we can already have devices fitted inside your ear,and mics and cameras so small,you cant see them,we can put a cell phone inside a watch,im guessing if you can travel in time,you would need a form of communication,and hand held devices seems a little low tech,when your advanced enough to time travel..but hey,who knows....

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

He/She appears to be wearing gloves actually....

Still doesn't solve the fact that my first inclination of what this person is doing that they are talking on a cellphone.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah

He/She appears to be wearing gloves actually....

Still doesn't solve the fact that my first inclination of what this person is doing that they are talking on a cellphone.

you know,i've only just noticed that,your right.
and hey there still pretty big hands on a old lady.

as far as cell phone,dont you think its kinda low tech,for someone with the ability to time travel,but i agree its some kind of communications device,from what i see,as there seems to be a conversation going on.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I'm at work so no youtube vids due to proxy, but i'll throw this in and check up when I get home.....hearing aid?

They weren't as small as they were in this day and age, have a scoot about on this site
beckerexhibits.wustl.edu...

and see what you come up with.

EDIT: actually that site was probably a bad example, but I have seen old videos from that period with people holding similar looking contraptions to their ears so they can hear stuff.
edit on 22/10/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Heres an interesting thing that you may all want to dig for.
Location where it was set and possible definate date?
Was there any type of global change surrounding the date where something changed that was totally unexpected?
Dr. Who Style.

Wasnt there a film where someone was traveling through time and swindling money?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
ok after scratching my head i remembered an item i got in a box of things when my grandparents past away. it was the same size as a cellphone and could explain whats in his/her hand. it was a hand warmer that burnt black sticks i assume was coal. seems logical to me.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Someone else mentioned the hand warmer theory, and that is pretty plausible she could be holding it up to her ear to warm them.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I was sitting here thinking the same thing, that is not a human, humanoid maybe but not one of us.
If i had to guess i would say that we are looking at some kind of interdimensional being or like you said some ET mingling with the locals.

You can clearly see the being holding something close to its ear, in this scene i would say it is unaware of the camera.

For anyone having a difficult time seeing the object in the beings hand i took the liberty of outlining the whole of the device to the best of my ability, i am no professional when it comes to these kinds of things, i used microsoft paint which actually worked quite well.

Much like the man who made the video i couldnt help but notice the heavy walk and the length of the shoes

The creepiest picture of all, the being realizes the camera is there and wants us to see it smile, chilling.
You see the transparent cutain is ducks behind, well that wasnt there before when the man walked by, its like the being forced it into reality.

Note that from 4:01 on in the video a kind of transition happens on the film and if you continue to watch the being they simply vanish as a man walks past. So my ultimate conclusion would have to be that this is some kind of interdimensional being ET, Goblin, or something else who knows. As strange as it is there have always been reports of strange beings that just dont seem to fit within our plane of existance.
edit on 22-10-2010 by kraig87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Originally posted by Rising Against
Definitely looks like an object to me.

In reply to Ziggy, I've never even heard of a "hearing horn" before tbh, so I'm not sure if that's what it could be from looking at the image above but it sounds plausible. ..Well, more so than a mobile.

All we see is a head, a hand, and shadows. You can't make out any actual object in the hand. You are concluding there is an object because the hand suggests it, but you don't see it.

Maybe look in the circled area?

Ok, seriously, look just behind the hand and slightly in front of it, you can clearly see a black object of some sort. What that object is I don't know (and I've mised most of this thread since I've been away) but you can't seriously be trying to deny what's right in front of you.. can you?
edit on 22-10-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I think it's a bloke in drag scratching underneath that itchy wig and keeping the hand there to stop it sliding off too. Those first two fingers are head scratchers. He's probably talking to the bloke in front. We don't know if that was a noisy place or not.

Great find though. It'll be a legend forever more. It's cool to think he's a time traveller, but I somehow don't think they'd send a toothless, fat old man on a mission like that, if they had the technology.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Ahhh those belfast lads - over a year and no one can explain it to him yet on the same page of this thread we've had a few plausible explanations. And a few reasons to doubt the ability of someone even being able to use a mobile back then.

It was really a tri-corder and that was bones in disguise getting stroppy at spock because they couldnt find jim, who'd hit his head when they were cast back in time by the time door.. Damn those green blooded vulcans...

But it was an interesting video, the guy at least was sane !!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
For the sake of argument:

In regard to the cell phone towers/service debate: perhaps time travel only projects an image of the individual to the destination point which is then experienced much as our modern conceptions of virtual reality. That is to say, the individual in question exists in two dimensions simultaneously. Therefore, the person is talking on a mobile device whilst his/her apparition mimics his movement at the destination point. Perhaps it is only possible to time travel to locations that might be referenced via an existing medium such as film or photographs.

The shoes: the shoes seem quite similar to the pointy shoes that are popular in modern times, especially in Asia. One example would be Chelsea Boots which can be viewed here: solongasitisblack.com... . The individual's feet are not necessarily as large as the shoes indicate.
edit on 22-10-2010 by hepatoscopy because: fixed link

edit on 22-10-2010 by hepatoscopy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Hi all

Haven't had the chance to look through the whole thread so it may have been mentioned before but I just had a look through google patents and found the following which relates to ear trumpets of the 1920's

www.google.co.uk...=onepage&q=ear%20trumpet&f=false

Could be an explanation, but doesn't explain why she/he seems to be having a conversation. Maybe she's bonkers!!
edit on 22-10-2010 by NumbNuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I think it might be Henry Bergman, an actor in the Circus dressed as a woman.

The nose(s) appear similar.

imgur.com...

imgur.com...

Edit: The body structure appears consistent. The hand to the face may be an attempt to hide the face. The holding of an object-unclear?
edit on 22-10-2010 by oggie168 because: Follow-up

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Anyone considered the fact there might have been mobile phones, just suppressed at the time because of the fact those days communication was a monopoly and a defence risk.

Tesla did already talk about mobiles in 1909!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kraig87

Could be an alien, since that time (past times) the UFOs liked to appear in films...

Like in this one:

www.youtube.com...

and...

www.youtube.com...

Who knows ...

ps. beautifull song, Elvis rules...
edit on 22-10-2010 by RUSSO because: fix vid

edit on 22-10-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

a Star for the Link

about this ?

Electronic Hearing Aids - Carbon (1899-1940s)

These are based on the telephone principle but Alexander Graham Bell had nothing to do directly with their development. These appeared first in limited quantities in a table model about 1899, but in wearable and practical instruments began to be available only in 1902.Carbon aids were popular through the 1940's. Most of these used a rather large 3-volt or 6-volt battery but did not have enough power to assist those with more than a moderate hearing loss.

This Device ?

a Cellpone capturing the future ! a reversal of this Ideal Thread ...

Time travel with proof < poster said it not i interesting tho ..

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
1. If it's a cellphone, what cell network are they connected to?
2. If it is a time traveler or alien, what kind of idiot would know enough to dress like the locals but use technology in public that would instantly be obviously out of place?
3. I remember small hand-held AM/FM radios and that people used to walk around with them to their ear, listening to ballgames, etc.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

While it's fascinating, I have a big question, if this person is on a mobile phone, who are they talking to? Who else has a mobile in 1928? More the question, since there are no mobile phone masts and phone satellites back then, can phone signals travel forward through time?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I havent checked yet, but was there some sort of dictaphone back in those days.

The person is walking along speaking into it for some reason, to playback later.

Maybe its an industrial spy, and the person is talking about what they can see.

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join