It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
So here's a question: if there wasn't something strange today, what is with all the helicopters flying around NYC? People keep making references to them. A video posted a few replies up has a helicopter and a white object.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Warhacks

Where is the UFO in that video? All I see is the low flying chopper.

+4 more 
link   
It's not the believers that bother me at least thier minds are open, It's the Non-believers attacking them that is most embarassing, There is absolutly no reason to sit up on a high horse and call everyone fools just because they don't share the same views as you. Just sit back and relax and do some research, As much as you can because that would truly help. Opinions are fine and free but putting other people down is not.

Stay classy ATS

link   

Originally posted by jazz10
Here's a heads up regarding sightings. Moscow on 10/10/10 ufo fleet.

That is the second time you posted this. Please provide a link so we can figure out what the heck you are talking about.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I take it no-one sells telescopes or telescopic lenses in NewYork!

Definatley a Hoax!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Warhacks

So if the white dot in the beginning was the ufo the guy was filming,... why did he follow the rather mundane helicopter with his camera instead of remaining on the supposed "ufo"?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
THEIR CALLING IT AS A HOAX NOW!!!

Still might be more too it, but I think most of us can agree that a mojority of the people saw balloons

To add apparently I'm an idiot and a similar event was confirmed as a hoax, this one is still up in the air. But again, I still think what most people saw was balloons........
edit on 13-10-2010 by seanizle because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
It is so painfully obvious what is going on here I am, frankly, embarrassed that more on here haven't caught on yet. I had the feeling that there would be some sort of overwhelmingly ignorant thing happen today on ATS due to the stupid prediction of UFOS going to appear today.

Really, UFO's over NYC? Those of you who have not engaged your brain enough to understand how your being played a fool need to step back and think for a few moments, your embarrassing yourselves and making the rest of us look like idiots.

Exactly.. and it's publicly linked. ATS might not recover from this one. Tens of thousands of people are looking at this site right now, thinking it's a place where loony UFO watchers gather. It had been a legit site for considering conspiracies.

OK are you two real?
ATS was founded on UFO stuff. The hang out for people like (cough) Lear and others.
It is a CONSPIRACY SITE get over yourselves. UFO's are talked about on here all the time.
follow this link: www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi& biw=1024&bih=548
UFO's are real, even if they are patented by the US govt and Germany.
So participate or stop the potty!
Oh and a good story for ya too: xenophilius.wordpress.com...

edit on 13-10-2010 by DaWhiz because: to add story on the one the us built

link   
reply to post by Tykonos

It was a test to gauge response,at least.

Why else would they be mulling over legislation to control the internet?..

edit on 13-10-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincenz32
I know you guys are thinking it. But.... What if the guy is creating this NYC hoax to co-incide with his book release and his October 13th prediction date? From a slimeball moneymaking marketing standpoint he did a pretty good job at creating internet feedback and excitement on a bunch of balloon/garbage/tinfoil/or UFO dont you think? if he is the one responsible. Heck, he is a money maker, so this could be the plan of Mr. Norad all along. haha

Unfortunately for us, the possibilities are endless. That's why it would be great to find the persons responsible (or captured on surveillance video) who supposedly released these balloons. (and how they got these balloons to stay in one place for several hours, was it?.....is quite ingenues too)

link   
reply to post by seanizle

OMG I for one am shocked....
or not.

edit on 10/13/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm surprised (Not really) that no one has responded to a post earlier on this thread, but I guess bickering with RICH was more important and digressed everyone from content. Sick and tired of this ATS fad of digressing threads.

Anyway, here's the video. Maybe some people will comment on it now that the trolls have left.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Never mind, I was reading page 11ish so forgive me if this has been posted.....

www.youtube.com...#!

UFO's in Moscow 10/10/10
edit on 13-10-2010 by nottheonlyone because: to add what the video is

link   

They were actually referring to ANOTHER hoax a couple years back. They are still not sure what this is. Their rational explanation is balloons, but that doesn't mean they are certain of anything.

link   

Originally posted by ThePacifistFor the record, the post before this one that I made saying I believe Disinformation agents were posting on this thread. I would like to make clear that, I do not think RICH-ENGLAND is one of them although I do not like the way he posts. He is entitled to his opinion, this does not mean that we have to listen to him.

He's just being a bit of an ass, but honestly, don't we all act like a bit of an ass sometimes? Or, as he would say, "arse," cause he's from that place where "arse" means "fanny" and "fanny" means "vagina."
I have no issue with those that express opinions here, even our limey friend Rich

However, there are others in this thread that arouse my suspicions and the fact that there are posters showing clear signs of disinformation actually has the opposite of the intended effect, to me, and after I point it out, hopefully to everyone else reading this.

Please, follow me on my short journey.

There are posters that have registered TODAY, they have posted on no other subjects, and they no avatars or sigs. They are either here to share eyewitness accounts, or to simply poo-poo the whole situation. In these situations I often come to the conclusion that the case is genuine. Any cover up would benefit from simple anonymous deflective posts on ATS, as it would cause the casual viewer to more readily back away from a subject if they are on the fence.

Am I being a paranoid psychopath?

Perhaps, but to me the sudden appearance of newly registered deflectors on a brand new subject is actually better evidence than the videos we've seen so far. Check the O'Hare thread and you may find the same behavior...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLANDi dont think its for his book at all, another group has set it to coincide with his predictions because they knew full well that many people would be watching the skies today looking for his predictions to either come true or fail....

thanks

rich

Are you talking about 4chan? Don't be afraid to mention their name, they don't attack civilians for just mentioning them. Please provide a hint of evidence that 4chan is up to shenanigans; I thought all of their attacks were righteous.

Although I wouldn't be too surprised. They would absolutely have the tech knowledge to throw together some footage and still shots and then hit boards like this with both eyewitness testimony AND faux disinfo agents (just to make it look extra-authentic). And ultimately, they wouldn't have hurt anyone. Oh crap, I blew my whole logical first half.

link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

i dont think so..
source?

link   

No, that article says that the lights in Jersey, a while ago, turned out to be hoaxes, they are not calling this a hoax. Re-read the article

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seanizle

Still might be more too it, but I think most of us can agree that a mojority of the people saw balloons

No they are not. Nobody knows anything for sure, just a bunch of guesses.

From the article you posted:

However, police said they suspect the objects were yellow balloons, but no one’s quite gotten to the bottom of mystery up above.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myumi
It's not the believers that bother me at least thier minds are open, It's the Non-believers attacking them that is most embarassing, There is absolutly no reason to sit up on a high horse and call everyone fools just because they don't share the same views as you. Just sit back and relax and do some research, As much as you can because that would truly help. Opinions are fine and free but putting other people down is not.

Stay classy ATS

here here without a doubt

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

edit on 15/8/2010 by johnny c because: double post ,sorry

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join