It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I've been waiting all day for some sort of media report (CNN, MSNBC, FOX, BBC, etc), and nothing. Nada. This story is blatantly being squashed, which happens to coincide with what I know about the government: "Squash the lies, the hoaxes, and let the truth run wild." Why? Because it makes people BELIEVE the lie. "Why would they squash it, if it wasn't the truth?". Answer: It takes the attention away from the real truth. If you squash a story, everyone turns to look at it.
I would love to believe that these small objects are probes/scouts for some larger ship and if, in the middle of the night, some massive mother ship appears over Manhattan, I'll be the happiest camper in the woods come morrow.
Why would I be happy about Aliens showing up on Earth? Because it would mean that I'm wrong in my present theory about the Agenda of "the Masters of the Universe", and that would be a great relief to me.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by otissor

CBS would, think about there logo? Seems like a cover up to me, there was no proof it was balloons. There is no evidence on that page at all that it was balloons. If they had any evidence it was balloons like finding who let them off or where from or finding the balloons on the ground. I know this is highly unlikely but this is the only thing that would make me not doubt the story from CBS.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

We re-ran radar to see if there was anything there that we can't account for but there is nothing in the area," said spokesman Jim Peters. "There was some helicopter traffic over the river at that time and we checked with LaGuardia Tower. And they said they had nothing going low at that time."

We re-ran radar to see if there was anything there that we can't account for but there is nothing in the area," said spokesman Jim Peters. "There was some helicopter traffic over the river at that time and we checked with LaGuardia Tower. And they said they had nothing going low at that time."

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

xp

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AtruthGuy

your huffington post link is fantastic

link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

If they were balloons, then Santa Claus was riding them with elvis on board. No way. They were not balloons. Like saying jet planes are wooden spears, automobiles carts with a hundred horses attached, motorcycles, really fast cats that run by and growl.

link   
My question is - why the heck is this just getting out? It's dark in NYC since what 1h ? And the photo seems to be in the middle of the afternoon.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

yeah right.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

xploder

this is not a ballon!!!!!!

link   
reply to post by korats

It happened at around 1:30 I believe, or something in that time frame, it's been being talked about all day on Twitter (I have been following it haha)

link   
I can actually confirm this one.

I work in Manhattan...I was standing in Times Square today (around 42nd street) and I looked up and noticed a white orb that floated right over Broadway. Now, I definitely think this could have been a balloon. But there are two reasons why I am also inclined to think it wasn't.

1) Given its height above the city, it would have had to be a fairly massive white balloon, which is certainly possible, but it's not typical.

2) It didn't seem to float in a very "natural" way. I wouldn't say it was definitely "intelligently controlled" either, but it looked at times as though it was slowing down, changing directions (only slightly, though), not just riding natural wind patterns. This could have been an illusion, though, I admit.

I had actually forgotten about it until I saw this post. I am an admitted believer in ET's and Earth visitation, but I was pretty inconclusive about this one. One thing I will say, though, is that I didn't see anyone else who seemed to be noticing it. I was with co-workers but I didn't feel the need to mention it to them because it wasn't obvious enough. It would be cool to hear from someone who worked in the upper floors of one of the skyscrapers. They would have had a much better view. Most New Yorkers who are walking the streets are way more focused on what's in front of them than what's above them. Especially in Times Square, where visual distractions are the only thing there really are unless, like me, you tend to look up once in a while.

link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Please don't just jump to the conclusion that these are just balloons BECAUSE....they resemble them.

Yeah, guys. That would be crazy! After all, an alien spaceship could look just like a balloon. It could even have "Happy Birthday" on the side of it, just to disguise itself. Everything's possible! Nothing can be proven!

You're a sad example of many.

UFOs have been reported for THOUSANDS of years to be metallic in color and oval in shape. Just because we NOW have a synthetic toy that looks like these ancient discs does not negate the fact that they've been reported for years. You're logic is understandable but narrow-minded never the less

You know, we now have fireworks. Does that take the place of shooting stars? Same sad logic (poor example however but you catch my drift............)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

How many people on the streets of NY today had even heard the NORAD guy's prediction? Very few, I imagine. I don't think "many people" were expecting to see a UFO today.
edit on 13-10-2010 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

i think you are totally missing the point, plenty of people on this website were watching out, and it only takes one person to start a hoax off!. somebody started everyone off in new york, then spread it across the net.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Even if this was real, none of this coincides with the actual claim that UFOs will over major world cities. So far we have tiny objects that are being contentiously debated as to what they are, ignoring the white elephant in the debate *pardon the pun* that there are no discs/UFOs over major cities - not even ones that could be contended, not even blurry poor photos or videos. Nothing of note. It's actually the 14th now here in Europe.

The prediction came down to what some call balloons. That's it. That's the sum of the "mass UFO sighting over major world cities". Does anyone see my point here? I could make a prediction of a similar nature, and record a video of something strange in the sky, but would I get the same attention? No. Unless alien craft are so low that we can see the detail on the craft with our own eyes and it makes a shadow on the street and buildings (even for one city, I'll accept that), this is silly

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

xploder

I can see why it could be rationalized as a set of balloons. It's a weird looking batch of them but I can see where the skeptics are coming from. I just don't think balloons would cause a stir in anyone who is not an avid UFO enthusiast. Most of the people walking in NYC are not UFO enthusiasts, were not expecting to see anything today, and yet they are all dumbfounded. That's what gets me about this entire situation.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Either way be it a hoax or not, I would at least expect them to be over multiple cities at the same time.
Ah well..... another prediction probably DOA.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

How many people on the streets of NY today had even heard the NORAD guy's prediction? Very few, I imagine. I don't think "many people" were expecting to see a UFO today.
edit on 13-10-2010 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

i think you are totally missing the point, plenty of people on this website were watching out, and it only takes one person to start a hoax off!. somebody started everyone off in new york, then spread it across the net.

thanks

rich

A set of balloons let off by someone trying to be a hoaxer isn't going to fool hundreds of people into standing around on a street corner... something strange happened...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
I've been waiting all day for some sort of media report (CNN, MSNBC, FOX, BBC, etc), and nothing. Nada. This story is blatantly being squashed, which happens to coincide with what I know about the government: "Squash the lies, the hoaxes, and let the truth run wild." Why? Because it makes people BELIEVE the lie. "Why would they squash it, if it wasn't the truth?". Answer: It takes the attention away from the real truth. If you squash a story, everyone turns to look at it.
I would love to believe that these small objects are probes/scouts for some larger ship and if, in the middle of the night, some massive mother ship appears over Manhattan, I'll be the happiest camper in the woods come morrow.
Why would I be happy about Aliens showing up on Earth? Because it would mean that I'm wrong in my present theory about the Agenda of "the Masters of the Universe", and that would be a great relief to me.

How can the story be squashed when the claim was that UFOs would be showing up for a mass sighting over world cities? How could the media, or government, hide the massive disc hovering above London, Paris, Moscow, Beijing with people there? If the event was going to happen like he said, and you believe him, then it is illogical for you to suggest that the media are covering it up.

There are only two possibilities left.

1. The "mass" sighting would be nothing more than normal sightings of strange things in the sky, contested to what they actually could be - much less an alien craft.
2. He was wrong/lied

Number one directly contradicted what he said, so that only leaves one possible explanation. I'm genuinely disappointed by some of the thinking here. I'm sure you're all kind hearted good people, but I don't know if I can take anything - from anyone - seriously anymore because people are willing to DEFEND, not just believe privately, outwardly that 1+1=3. Either there is a basic lack of common sense or we're being trolled. If the latter, I applaud you on skill at show
edit on 13-10-2010 by Shino because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by leeko

im sorry i dont understand your one line
yea right
what is your analisys of the photo i pasted from drudge?

i say themz noz bollonz

xp

link   

Originally posted by spacekc929

Originally posted by XPLodER

xploder

I can see why it could be rationalized as a set of balloons. It's a weird looking batch of them but I can see where the skeptics are coming from. I just don't think balloons would cause a stir in anyone who is not an avid UFO enthusiast. Most of the people walking in NYC are not UFO enthusiasts, were not expecting to see anything today, and yet they are all dumbfounded. That's what gets me about this entire situation.

what everyone is missing about that photo is that it came from someone at twitter were all this nonsense came from, we have absolutely no idea if that photo is even from today or real, we have absolutely no exif data and will never get it....

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If a 'govt.', or private ufo lands on the ground, I hope there is someone at the avail to take a blood sample of the crew. Could you imagine some human folks showing up dressed in hollywood alien attire to throw the folks into the twilight zone. Some folks would be quite surprised.

Imagine that. Just a thought.....
edit on 13-10-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join