It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
reply to post by mulehound

Balloons don't stay in the same spot for hours..

I was joking, I am with the NON-Balloon theory crowd... Something was up there today and it was not balloons but there are some here that will argue till the bitter end because they have to be right even if they are wrong.

link   
mark my words, you have all been purposely hoaxed by a certain group to coincide with the norad guys predictions, this group was going to do it earlier in the year but somebody spread the story before they did it...

i also think they're probably responsible for a couple of other ufo claims that have been made in the past few days.

thanks

rich

link   
I know how exciting alien theories can be, but I'm so convinced that we won't know they exist or not until they show themselves or the government says they do.
It's that simple.

We have all seen these threads of people seeing UFO's but none of them have turned into disclosure, so I can bet this one won't either.

I won't believe it until I see an alien sitting next to Obama during a State of the Union address (Ok, this is my dream scenario)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kbriggss
This is exciting, better than anything else on at the moment so keep digging.

ATS is not solely about entertainment. It's about finding out the truth and denying ignorance. Logic alone suggest that if aliens were to visit us, they would unequivocally prove that they're flying in UFOs, not tiny white dots so high up in the air that you can't tell what they are. Until we get some videos that show these dots closer up (if they even exist), there's very little substance left to discuss, which leaves the thread up to blind belief and speculation.

If we get video that shows saucers, I'd be more than happy to open my mind to the possibility of them being aliens, but after years and years of seeing little dots, dots don't cut it anymore.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

again here is another video
watch about 0:45 in highest quality

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

I agree, there has been numerous videos lately all starting around the 10th October, the Blue LED UFO , the Moscow 2009 video, Chinese village disappearing (hoax) and now this!

*sigh*

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
The movie Skyline is coming out this Fall. Could be the beginning to an elaborate viral campaign?

Not sure if there are other big UFO movies about to be released, but Skyline is being billed as another Independence Day style film.
edit on 13-10-2010 by LarryLove because: (no reason given)
Now that I would believe,. the movie 2012 did some crazy stuff with the IHC and charlie frost.
I still don't buy the fact that Some station talked about it but no coverage? huh..
edit on 13-10-2010 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The reason I'm quite interested in theses balloon type sightings is that I filmed this two years ago through binoculars. This large cluster of orb like objects ( could be balloons of course) hung in much the same place for 45 mins ( i got 15 mins of footage) before moving off. Here is a 5 min clip of the object stabilized version. You may want to skip tp 40 secs in.
and one video as it finally passed over head after 45 mins.

link   
Not sure if this is new or a 'related' video.

Mystery shiny objects floating over Manhattan spark UFO frenzy
www.nydailynews.com...

link   
I have been a long time reader of ATS, but this is the first time I've actually had something important to contribute. I am a believer in UFOs and many other conspiracies, but today I actually felt like I was in the middle of something very strange. I recently moved to Manhattan 3 months ago for a job and regularly use the subway to commute between the West Village/Chelsea (where I live) and Midtown (where I work). This afternoon I got out of work early and boarded a World Trade Center-bound E Train... this is when I started hearing talk first-hand of possible UFOs over New York. A group of businessmen boarded my train and were talking about something that looked like giant golfballs flying around in the air. They all seemed a little shocked at what they had seen and couldn't really explain what had just happened. As soon as I got off the train at my 14th St./ 8th Ave. stop and had reception, I quickly put in a search for "UFO" on my mobile Twitter application... apparently they were not the only people to see what was in the sky. My apartment has roof access, so I immediately headed up there to see if I could see anything. Although I did not see the proposed UFO, I did see SEVERAL helicopters as well as other non-commercial aircraft flying over the city. I am not an expert on aircraft by any means, but the helicopters I saw were black/white, red/black, and all black. Additionally, I can confirm that I did see a very large-bodied helicopter that looked as if it was US military. I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the jets that I read about in previous posts, but now that it was brought up I can say from my perspective there were about 3 different altitudes aircrafts were flying (with the commercial airliners being in the middle altitude). As I stood on my roof, I would estimate that two of the helicopters, one black/white and one black/red, hovered stationary around 23rd St. for about 20 minutes with other helicopters/ small aircraft flying back and forth. Again, I was standing on my rooftop on 14th St. facing north, so this is only an estimation - my view was also hindered by another large building, but without a doubt, I saw a lot of action in the sky.

link   

Originally posted by raybies

Why dont you just stop posting? I think you are a disinfo agent. You have done nothing but ridicule everyone who dont go with your balloon theory. Your making me sick with your pompous attitude. Theres been a few who have given eye witness accounts of what they saw and are adamant they were not looking at balloons.Give us all a break.

erm... no, and no.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Another video

Here

edit on 13-10-2010 by seanizle because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2010 by seanizle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
mark my words, you have all been purposely hoaxed by a certain group to coincide with the norad guys predictions, this group was going to do it earlier in the year but somebody spread the story before they did it...

i also think they're probably responsible for a couple of other ufo claims that have been made in the past few days.

thanks

rich

See I don't think it's a hoax for his book, NOTHING can save that book. I think If it is a viral add it's sole purpose was to get something viral on twitter and put UFO's into the minds of the youth for this apparent Skyline movie?
I haven't check on the movie, but that makes the most sense to me.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
CBS new york says it was balloons

newyork.cbslocal.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by newyorktim

and what the camera on yer phone doesnt work???????
Jezus...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by daluniverse

Interesting - I was thinking this was going to be a balloon, but the lack of movement throughout the clip suggests otherwise unless it is RC, not going to jump to conclusions will wait for higher quality vids with more zoom.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
reply to post by andrewh7

I see your valid point that while everyone has a camera phone, not all of them know how to use them. Indeed this is true, yes, I suppose I assume too much.

As for the motive I'll give you two possible viral campaign motives:

The book seller/retired NORAD predictor:

Challenges of Change

And the movie set to come out next month called Skyline:

Skyline

...surely there's some shenanigans afoot!

There's also a movie coming out soon called Iron Sky about the Nazi's secret base on the moon. They (the Nazi's) are planning to come back and whoop our asses for revenge.. I forget the date, but here's the link to the trailer:

IRON SKY TRAILER

link   
It may have been a test to demonstrate how fast news spreads on the www.

A panic about UFO's and aliens to replace the panic from 9/11 which is wearing off...

link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

Originally posted by raybies

Why dont you just stop posting? I think you are a disinfo agent. You have done nothing but ridicule everyone who dont go with your balloon theory. Your making me sick with your pompous attitude. Theres been a few who have given eye witness accounts of what they saw and are adamant they were not looking at balloons.Give us all a break.

erm... no, and no.

thanks

rich

Just because someone has a different opinion than yours, does not mean he is a disinfo agent or a troll. "Order out of Chaos" remember? all this "Infighting" between ourselves is just what is wanted and has been planned for years, they want us all herded into one area and they want us fighting and arguing.

Let's keep an open mind and be respectful of other peoples opinion. You can disagree without being a jackass you know.

So to recap: If someone has a different view, it does make them an agent. Disinfo agents are more deceptive, subtle and devious than that.
edit on 13-10-2010 by JJBB22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2010 by JJBB22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by otissor

This says they "think" they were balloons but they are not sure yet.
So I think we still have to wait until it can be confirmed.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join