It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

"Jesus," if you stop patronizing me for a minute and shut your mouth you would have let me upload them. I do have pictures of the helicopters but they don't have much detail. I'll put them up here in a few minutes.

link   

Originally posted by JJBB22
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

I agree, there has been numerous videos lately all starting around the 10th October, the Blue LED UFO , the Moscow 2009 video, Chinese village disappearing (hoax) and now this!

*sigh*

absolutely correct, quite a lot of very old you tube ufo videos have been renamed in the past few days to make them look new to coincide with all this.

people can call me whatever they like and report me as much as they feel necessary but i am just trying to stop people being made fools of, i want e.t proof as much as anyone but this is just a complete hoax.

thanks

rich

link   
ABC News Report

abclocal.go.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crashbehr

yeah, I didn't catch that. haha but this will never be confirmed unless someone comes out and says they were behind the "hoax"

link   
I've continued to keep this updated in the following post and will continue to do so:

October 13 UFO Predictions: Sightings, Speculation, and the Buzz so Far

I do this because I told my readers that I would. The thing is this. I find it upsetting how many times I see people jump in and tell people they are being silly for being interested in what is happening... whether it is in NYC or elsewhere. I think we should be able to agree that investigating anomalous sightings is a worthy pursuit and to see the kind of ridicule that comes from some members of ATS is really disheartening. And I am not referring to questioning.. I am not referring to healthy debate... I am talking about some of the real meanness that I see.

This is not directed at everyone. Most people seem open minded and open hearted and that is why I continue to come to ATS. But I get so discouraged when I see a few people trying to just shut down conversation about the sorts of things that many people come to ATS precisely to discuss!

UFOs, Balloons, Swamp Gas... whatever it is in NYC today.. and whatever it EVER is... I find it to be a topic of endless fascination and I applaud those who are willing to keep their minds open enough to consider ALL possibilities, and more than anything.. just have an enjoyable time doing so.

link   

Originally posted by seanizle
Another video

Here

edit on 13-10-2010 by seanizle because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2010 by seanizle because: (no reason given)

Thanks!!!!

Please don't just jump to the conclusion that these are just balloons BECAUSE....they resemble them. That's too easy of a cop out!

Rich England? Please stop your 3-word posts. It's annoying to weed through pages and pages to get information as it is. Thanks

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
here is a link

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Have phun: www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Wow I guess I really touched a nerve with you there since you don't let anything I say drop.
Good grief. People just want to believe so badly. It would be funny if I wasn't also a bit embarrassed to be associated with all this by being a member on ATS.

I am not embarrassed to be a member of ATS. I am embarrassed by some not unlike yourself that fly off the handle and get offended if others see that this is not aliens coming as predicted by a man hawking his book.

You claim to to on the fence but you sure don't sound like it.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

another video

newsone.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by otissor
CBS new york says it was balloons

newyork.cbslocal.com...

Very well, but the view in this vid is a bit different. abclocal.go.com...

link   
We need some UFOs over here on the westcoast now...this isn't fair.

link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
mark my words, you have all been purposely hoaxed by a certain group to coincide with the norad guys predictions, this group was going to do it earlier in the year but somebody spread the story before they did it...

i also think they're probably responsible for a couple of other ufo claims that have been made in the past few days.

thanks

rich

See I don't think it's a hoax for his book, NOTHING can save that book. I think If it is a viral add it's sole purpose was to get something viral on twitter and put UFO's into the minds of the youth for this apparent Skyline movie?
I haven't check on the movie, but that makes the most sense to me.

i dont think its for his book at all, another group has set it to coincide with his predictions because they knew full well that many people would be watching the skies today looking for his predictions to either come true or fail....

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanMeatsuit

If it was a viral ad for a movie/game:
No body know's what it was above NYC at the time of this post's time stamp. Let alone understand the ad for the product.

or just someone who's bored:
Where will he get his money from? A few friends that bet him? The people that told him to do it?

Maybe I'm not grasping quite what you were saying...

I thought from what you posted earlier in this thread, that you believe the person doing this so called hoax is getting paid. Is he getting paid per trend by twitter? Enlighten me.

I'm sorry if this seems like a personal attack, believe me it's not the way I want it to be.

It's just people that post like you are really getting to me.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cole DeSteele
Isn't there supposed to be a prediction about UFO visits today...a bunch of sightings worldwide...seems to me there was a thread or two around here somewhere...

Yeah. Today is supposed to be the day that according to a former NORAD officer, a fleet of UFOs are supposed to park themselves over every major city of Earth.

xtragal3.blogspot.com...

We'll see. Don't hold your breath.

edit on 13-10-2010 by Unknown Origin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
So there is proof that this is real?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

I think its more then just ballons! I saw that vid where the plan was flying pretty low, and there have been reports of helicopters in the sky as well, all of this over a few ballons? I think not! Secondly maybe people are uploading the pics and vids, but they are being shut down just as fast? Notice how the vids that are up and running you really dont see any ?? Things that make you go HMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm LOL

link   

Originally posted by newyorktim
I have been a long time reader of ATS, but this is the first time I've actually had something important to contribute. I am a believer in UFOs and many other conspiracies, but today I actually felt like I was in the middle of something very strange. I recently moved to Manhattan 3 months ago for a job and regularly use the subway to commute between the West Village/Chelsea (where I live) and Midtown (where I work). This afternoon I got out of work early and boarded a World Trade Center-bound E Train... this is when I started hearing talk first-hand of possible UFOs over New York. A group of businessmen boarded my train and were talking about something that looked like giant golfballs flying around in the air. They all seemed a little shocked at what they had seen and couldn't really explain what had just happened. As soon as I got off the train at my 14th St./ 8th Ave. stop and had reception, I quickly put in a search for "UFO" on my mobile Twitter application... apparently they were not the only people to see what was in the sky. My apartment has roof access, so I immediately headed up there to see if I could see anything. Although I did not see the proposed UFO, I did see SEVERAL helicopters as well as other non-commercial aircraft flying over the city. I am not an expert on aircraft by any means, but the helicopters I saw were black/white, red/black, and all black. Additionally, I can confirm that I did see a very large-bodied helicopter that looked as if it was US military. I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the jets that I read about in previous posts, but now that it was brought up I can say from my perspective there were about 3 different altitudes aircrafts were flying (with the commercial airliners being in the middle altitude). As I stood on my roof, I would estimate that two of the helicopters, one black/white and one black/red, hovered stationary around 23rd St. for about 20 minutes with other helicopters/ small aircraft flying back and forth. Again, I was standing on my rooftop on 14th St. facing north, so this is only an estimation - my view was also hindered by another large building, but without a doubt, I saw a lot of action in the sky.

What better testimony coming from someone who witness this event today. Thanks!

Could we all be having the wool pulled over our eyes (to appease the Oct 13th predictions)? Maybe.
Could this have been nothing more than a staged event? Maybe
Could this person (above) be mistaking about the helicopters being part of this sighting? Maybe
Could this really have been some sort of mass UFO sighting? Maybe
Balloons? Maybe
Government/Military? Maybe
Alien? Maybe

Moral to story.....everything is a big fat maybe. We ought not conclude anything right now. We can continue having our opinions but it would be a shame if we all got all cocky and arrogant over this at this early time.

link   
this has to be a publicity stunt...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by otissor
CBS new york says it was balloons

newyork.cbslocal.com...

From your article:

However, police said they suspect the objects were yellow balloons, but no one’s quite gotten to the bottom of mystery up above.

*my bolds

They then go on to mention an unrelated UFO hoax.

- Lee

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join