It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Cripes and you think repeated posts saying the same thing because you got offended makes you seem levelheaded?
How many times are you going to post different responses to same few of my few posts?

Get over it, I don't agree with you.
edit on 10/13/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

link   
It is so painfully obvious what is going on here I am, frankly, embarrassed that more on here haven't caught on yet. I had the feeling that there would be some sort of overwhelmingly ignorant thing happen today on ATS due to the stupid prediction of UFOS going to appear today.

Really, UFO's over NYC? Those of you who have not engaged your brain enough to understand how your being played a fool need to step back and think for a few moments, your embarrassing yourselves and making the rest of us look like idiots.

link   
Hum... publicity stunts.. that's a good idea! I vote for that.

If it was a "ufo disclosure thing" IT WOULD NOT BE .. small blips in the sky.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

i dont think its for his book at all, another group has set it to coincide with his predictions because they knew full well that many people would be watching the skies today looking for his predictions to either come true or fail....

thanks

rich

Ah. Trucifer. That makes sense. I should have gathered that from what you were saying. Who knows, could be any reason. I've seen a few posts here and there that a few blocks down there were large bundles of balloons possible associated with a fair. It does have all the ear marks of viral marketing though.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NatalinaEx

My exwife knew there were unicorns also,.. she just knew it..
Yep,.. they must have missed the boat.
I think the point that is missed on Here is there ARE those of us that require more that just a wild story..
With todays technological advancements in video, one would think catching something like a object in the sky that isnt moving would be easy. not to mention the availability to ZOOM in and see what it really is..
I suppose some of us should be a bit more supportive of those that still believe in Santa, the easter bunny and many other mystical stories..

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
It is so painfully obvious what is going on here I am, frankly, embarrassed that more on here haven't caught on yet. I had the feeling that there would be some sort of overwhelmingly ignorant thing happen today on ATS due to the stupid prediction of UFOS going to appear today.

Really, UFO's over NYC? Those of you who have not engaged your brain enough to understand how your being played a fool need to step back and think for a few moments, your embarrassing yourselves and making the rest of us look like idiots.

Exactly.. and it's publicly linked. ATS might not recover from this one. Tens of thousands of people are looking at this site right now, thinking it's a place where loony UFO watchers gather. It had been a legit site for considering conspiracies.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Please don't just jump to the conclusion that these are just balloons BECAUSE....they resemble them.

Yeah, guys. That would be crazy! After all, an alien spaceship could look just like a balloon. It could even have "Happy Birthday" on the side of it, just to disguise itself. Everything's possible! Nothing can be proven!

link   
Balloons Kids
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Calm down ufo people....

link   
found a pic from drudge

xploder

www.drudgereport.com...
edit on 13-10-2010 by XPLodER because: add link to drudge

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

How many people on the streets of NY today had even heard the NORAD guy's prediction? Very few, I imagine. I don't think "many people" were expecting to see a UFO today.
edit on 13-10-2010 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by rushunt

First line.
Why do you call him human in that way?
THird line.
FOurth line.

link   
Wow, whole lot of craziness on the board today. I live in NYC, and I'm disappointed that I didn't hear or see anything about this today.

I live in freaking NEW YORK CITY, one of the media capitals of the world, and its gotta have one of the wealthiest populations of any city on the planet. Not me...but I digress...the point is no one got any good photos of it? The paparazi have telephoto lenses to take a picture of angelina jolie flossing her teeth from a city away and they can't get a picture of objects floating over the city?!? News crews with crappy lenses must be the only ones employed these days...I'm really shocked. 8 million people and no one has a good enough camera to look up?!

argh! how frustrating.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
These are the shots I took using my BlackBerry at full zoom. Again, the quality isn't great but I would estimate these helicopters hovered over the 23rd St./8th Ave. area for at least 20 minutes (maybe longer). To my count, there were roughly 6-8 helicopters flying around as well as other aircraft.

Photo 1:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7440b1b5e354.jpg[/atsimg]

Photo 2:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd18bca93ab5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I bet the ex norad officer is up to this...he wants to sell more books.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

lol, ive tried my best to get it across but nobody is listening, its pretty obvious to me exactly who is responsible. another poster hit it right on the head but still nobody took any notice because it doesn't fit their "religion".

thanks

rich

link   
The thing that really gets me about this is that people were so interested. People in New York must see balloons every day, and realistically, how many of them knew about the NORAD guy's book? On ATS, that is common knowledge, but to all the people that don't frequent this website (which is quite a few), there would have been nothing particularly special about the sky to make them look up. If they did happen to look up, and saw some random thing in the sky, they would look for a minute and say "Oh wait, those are balloons" and then get on with their lives.

Oh, have a question if anyone knows the time frame? Because balloons rise and pop pretty quickly. They wouldn't have been in sight for long I wouldn't think. I don't know how long this sighting lasted but it seems as if people were crowded on the street for at least a half hour or hour watching these things? I could very well be wrong.

Anyways, this could all turn out to be a coincidence, and could really just be balloons. But I just don't see people in any major city freaking out about something they would otherwise see very often. It seems as if there must have been something different about these UFO's, but I don't know what it is or if there was indeed something different.

link   
reply to post by daluniverse

I just watched this vid,i zoomed in on it,for the record it looks like it is changing shapes,splits in two separate orbs,makes a quick movement to the left of the screen,returns back to the middle of the screen,could be something normal as in camera movement,but that is what i saw in this vid it was actually moving not as a normal balloon movement,,

link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Today wasn't a hoax. They were not balloons. And I am kicking myself for not darting home and taking incredible videos. I understand the frustration now that people must feel who see things and then have people deny it and put it down. What I and others saw today where UFOS. Whether they were alien ships, I don't know. They were not military, and if they were, why over NYC? And what kind of technology do we possess. Sorry can't believe that. Whatever I saw today was extra ordinary and unexplainable.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Where is this coming from?
First, no one is saying "OMG, we've been invaded" We are just going over the 'evidence' right now and reading 'witnesses' reports/posts.

Believing this is an alien invasion is naive.
Thinking this is a hoax is arrogant.

It doesn't have to be one way or the other right yet. This is not a court of law. This is a discussion where people who are at a total disadvantage of being behind their computer screens trying to piece together an event (purposeful or genuine) from today.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
so since someone predicted UFO's over a major city, and it possibly happened (we DONT know if they are balloons or not), it has to be fake and we are getting fooled? *Shaking My Head*

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join