It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
reply to post by lucidsmind

So what if there are hundreds of people talking about this?

Talk =/= Truth

Also, if you go on 4chan's /x/ board, you will notice that they are purposefully perpetrating this hoax anywhere they can. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they're in this thread right now.

i did say that very early in the thread but the believers dont want to listen to anything that doesn't support the intergalactic tooth fairy.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lucidsmind

38 seconds...they sure went all out with their video taping of a massive mothership and smaller ships doing quick maneuvers? The more I hear and watch the fishier this sounds and looks.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by crashbehr
I just read and I am not sure if it is a good source but on the NY Daily News site the reporter said it was 5000 feet in the air I want to know who can see a balloon at almost a mile.

Source www.nydailynews.com...

What is that ? www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 13-10-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

If you read the caption under the picture it says..

Mysterious shiny objects like this one sparked wild speculation of UFOs floating over Manhattan's West Side.

It says "like this one". It may not have anything to do w/ the objects in question.

Did you not get the memo, the know it all's here say they are balloons so nothing to see here move along....

edit on 13-10-2010 by mulehound because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Wow I am amazed at how quite the media is keeping this,.
Not a word from any network,... of course it must be a cover up

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mulehound

Balloons don't stay in the same spot for hours..

link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by crashbehr
I just read and I am not sure if it is a good source but on the NY Daily News site the reporter said it was 5000 feet in the air I want to know who can see a balloon at almost a mile.

Source www.nydailynews.com...

What is that ? www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 13-10-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

If you read the caption under the picture it says..

Mysterious shiny objects like this one sparked wild speculation of UFOs floating over Manhattan's West Side.

It says "like this one". It may not have anything to do w/ the objects in question.

Not so sure , it says

Via Twitter from @jasondiamond
underneath

link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

It was on local ABC channel 7 in NYC

link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

It's only a cover-up if there's something to cover up. In this case, it's a bunch of trolls trolling trolls for their own amusement -- either that or people want to believe this Oct. 13th thing that badly that they miss the obvious.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

edit on 13-10-2010 by AutOmatIc because: viral

My mom is in her 50s, and she has a camera phone. My sister is 30 and she also has a camera phone. Neither of them know how to upload a video to youtube and one doesn't even know how to use the video camera option on the phone. Having a camera phone and being able to upload the video to the internet are two entirely different things. In addition, among those who have the phones and know how to use them, how many are simply too lazy or apathetic to take the video? How many are simply too lazy or apathetic to upload a video they already shot? Finally, I would imagine that some people think it was just balloons so why would any of those people bother to upload it? Most people could care less about such things - I think you give people way too much credit.

Without a website or a movie reference, a viral campaign is worthless. If you don't already know the motive of the alleged viral campaign that it was a failure.

Yeah, but how many people have IPhones or Droids that are constantly connected. And how many people that have IPhones and Droids constantly crave attention? There should be more vids.
edit on 13-10-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Edit: eh.. I messed up the quoting. The reply was to you Andrewh7.
edit on 13-10-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: ...

link   
This is very strange... On page 16 I believ the ABC news crew that was filming had a very telling witness that is just skipped over for those who make light.... A guy was ask what do you think they are? He replies " I...I don't know... The reporter states.."ballons..?" The guy again "I ..don't know what they are ballons don't sit still/stay in one place".. Now that one person injected a stroke of common sense in a few words. Now do i know what to make of this...hell no..I am scratching my head. But I am one ta say that the last month has had a ton of "things' happening....
And over all I have been taking notice in the media and network broacasting with such things that envolve UFO/Aliens... For crying out loud Geico has a radio ad thats running now that has the guy from full metal jacket screaming that every one knows Geico has the lowest rate on car insurance and makes a odd statement that the only way to not know that would be is if your an alien and not from this planet..But if you are from another planet Geico will have a policy for you.
It's just all around us...I don't know it all seems so in your face that some one is trying to gauge how far they can inject this subject before back lash starts..A testing almost..I don't know...

link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Wow I am amazed at how quite the media is keeping this,.
Not a word from any network,... of course it must be a cover up

While the Chile rescue is a big deal, it does seem to be weird that this was not covered more... Seems like a convenient distraction???

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The whole point of a mass show over cities is an Independence Day style, low altitude, demonstration. Not a dot or some ambiguous small object in the sky that people think is a balloon. And certainly not something where individual media networks could choose to cover or not (cue the conspiracy theories because international media networks are not covering a couple of white dots in the sky) Hypothetically, even if those objects over Chelsea were extraterrestrial in origin, they'd be no different than the other thousands of video clips of UFOs we already have and most likely unrelated to the claim. I'm sure there are many sightings like this daily, but any sighting that happens today - even odd ones like this - are gaining more traction than they deserve.
edit on 13-10-2010 by Shino because: (no reason given)

link   
Maybe someone set off some helium balloons BECAUSE of the NORAD officer's prediction?

link   
I have been following this thread from the beginning and have already notified the MODs of RICH-ENGLAND. Please don't reply to him just report his drivel to the the MODs and we can be done with him.

I would like to stay on topic and if a person could limit their opinion to once per thread we could actually get some information instead of page after page of this nonsense.

I love this forum for the open minded. This is exciting, better than anything else on at the moment so keep digging.
I'm in the virgin islands area and haven't heard anything on Puerto Rico. Anyone else?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
At this time, it is a 'good' idea for everyone here to purchase a video camera if you haven't one, and to keep it in your car, your house, wherever your 'body' is present. There will be much activity going on from here forward. Try to keep your video cameras close at hand and post what you capture here on ATS as well as other sites. A video camera is often your best defense as well, along with some sort of weapon. Chaos is just around your corner on many different levels. Alot of activity will be taking place at one time, hence the word, chaos. Upload your images to youtube and the other sites as well. This will help web-bots to do what they do best, predict and forewarn. Hope folks have their cubbards full of emergency foodstuffs. Just be prepared for the unexpected.....on many levels.

I understand a recent 'nuke' attact was just post-poned due to it being compromised.
Everyone must stay at full alert, though stay relaxed, though ready for 'anything'.

edit on 13-10-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by lee anoma

I said I was embarrassed. I didn't call you anything. Who's projecting?

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Good grief. People just want to believe so badly. It would be funny if I wasn't also a bit embarrassed to be associated with all this by being a member on ATS.

Embarrassed to be a member of ATS because of this thread.
A thread which is made of member posts that you claim "want to believe so badly".

Yet you weren't talking about those members being embarrassing.

Okay, sure.
Add drama and a touch of denial to the equation, too.

By the way I also never called anyone "stupid". I would appreciate if you stopped putting words and entire sentences in my mouth.

edit on 10/13/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

Who said you called someone stupid?

Look, if you want to bust into a reasonable discussion and post a bunch of "lol icons" to mock it...

Oh forgot to mention --
city size ufo over St. Louis darkening the city--
made everyone zombies--

...and talk about being embarrassed because of the people in the thread, yet claim you aren't saying their embarrassing, knock yourself out.

I'll just not read your input in such threads, since it isn't helpful and comes off as rude.

To be honest, the people being dramatic in here, were the ones coming in with a super unreasonable skeptic hammer, talking about "GD Balloons!!", "wanna-believers" and looking down their nose while mocking the members have a typical UFO discussion in the UFO forum.

The U2Us I got seem to confirm what I was saying all along.

Levelheadedness isn't only required of the "believers", and some skeptics are acting a bit like drama-queens pointing out irrational behavior in UFO discussions that isn't there.

It's pretty smug.

I'll leave it at that.

- Lee

link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Why dont you just stop posting? I think you are a disinfo agent. You have done nothing but ridicule everyone who dont go with your balloon theory. Your making me sick with your pompous attitude. Theres been a few who have given eye witness accounts of what they saw and are adamant they were not looking at balloons.Give us all a break.

link   
new video out on new york ufo from today

its good quality video but the ufo is very far away and faint

it certainly seems to appear out of nowhere, doesnt rise up as youd excpect a balloon to

at 0:45

towards the top in the center it appears

pretty cool
edit on 13-10-2010 by daluniverse because: (no reason given)

link   
The movie Skyline is coming out this Fall. Could be the beginning to an elaborate viral campaign?

Not sure if there are other big UFO movies about to be released, but Skyline is being billed as another Independence Day style film.
edit on 13-10-2010 by LarryLove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

I see your valid point that while everyone has a camera phone, not all of them know how to use them. Indeed this is true, yes, I suppose I assume too much.

As for the motive I'll give you two possible viral campaign motives:

The book seller/retired NORAD predictor:

Challenges of Change

And the movie set to come out next month called Skyline:

Skyline

...surely there's some shenanigans afoot!

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join