It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by leeko
reply to post by HumanMeatsuit

I just joined this site looking for a forum to tell about what I saw today, I live near 23rd and 8th and just went out to catch the ABC and NY1 reporters who did there report that you can see online or TV. Again, I feel compelled to write about what my girlfriend and i witnessed today. Make no joke about it, they were not balloons and the reports speak nothing about the formations that were formed and then broken between the smaller objects or about the "mothership" looking objects. I spoke to the ABC reporter after he finished his report and he was sarcastic and joking about it, and the report of course comes off that way. Nothing about the military fighters that I and several other people saw. The military did scramble jets at high altitudes without a doubt. The guys I spoke with were older blue collar guys that saw the jest with me as did my girlfriend. Their contrails and speeds were definitive. Also, the patterns and the quantity of the smaller objects and their separation and then their union were beyond belief. They were not normal. They covered several hundred miles in seconds to unite and then breakaway from each other. I only witnessed one, near the ending of the entire event, smaller object proceed from a standing holding pattern across what must have been miles of sky to unite with a larger object. They were not balloons. They stop and moved. Scattered and formed. The military fighter (s), was as I said extremely high, well above the commercial air traffic. Their was something up, and it was not normal.

No. You are wrong. The people on the other side of the fence said it was balloons so balloons it must be. To hell with verifying the evidence either for or against it.

At least, that is the general sentiment running rampant throughout this thread.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by scrap metal bomb

Welcome to ATS and thanks for the first hand information. I have followed this thread for most of the day unwilling to join the fray until your post. Now we're getting somewhere.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

For the record, the post before this one that I made saying I believe Disinformation agents were posting on this thread. I would like to make clear that, I do not think RICH-ENGLAND is one of them although I do not like the way he posts. He is entitled to his opinion, this does not mean that we have to listen to him.

I still have no idea what we are dealing with here, but we will get to the bottom of this as we usually do.

link   
reply to post by leeko

Thank you for your eyewitness report..and welcome to ATS.

link   
The lengths that some people go to troll never ceases to amuse and amaze me.

When aliens arrive, they will make certain that, without a shadow of a doubt, people will know that they are UFOs. Small silver dots 50,000+ feet in the air =/= aliens by any stretch of the imagination.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Thank you ATS for making my day at work fly by quicker than a CGI UFO. Although I personally do not believe my God made any creature above man, I am still open to the possibility of a possible "blue-beam scenerio. It seems to fit perfect with my beleif system. So I am not scared or worried about any UFO invasion, I do however look forward to this blue-beam thing if that is real. Its gonna be a hell of a show. I'll be watching the skies tonight.

But if I am wrong.......... Drinks are on me this weekend, were all gonna die anyway, might as well die drunk.

FYI.... I just heard some report from co-workers who work at Transco Tower(old name cant remeber the new name) downtown, everyone claimed to have seen something hidden behind the one single cloud there has been all day in Houston.
edit on 13-10-2010 by SirKnightE because: i'm slow

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I didn't mean to 'troll' or offend anyone with my video link. I sincerely thought it would at least make people smile here, release some of the tension.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by crashbehr
I just read and I am not sure if it is a good source but on the NY Daily News site the reporter said it was 5000 feet in the air I want to know who can see a balloon at almost a mile.

Source www.nydailynews.com...

What is that ? www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 13-10-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
Look I'm not the one to get all excited but...Don't know what to make of it. Just started to happen over the last ten min or so?
Just go to Twitter and search "UFO". There are reports of "Mobs" of people standing at street corners, etc...

Twitter Feed

I saw a video of the crowds at the intersection of 23rd Street & 8th Avenue, some looking up, and the videographer did not aim the camera at the sky so what were people really looking at? Frankly, I think that since we have all kinds of aircraft flying over Manhattan, and low, people were reacting to helicopters which are notorious for the low, loud, activity.

UFOs? Someone must videotaped it, let's see it.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

I was skeptical about this at first. But there are too many people talking about this. I found this video which shows the best quality..Still not sure what to think.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
DIRECT PROOF OF ALIENS LANDING - www.youtube.com...

Footage taken October 13, 2010

Amazing......

link   
If this was some type of holographic show, how and where does the signal come from?
How does it work at 1:30 in the afternoon? ..

Anyway, I wish I could get a smart person from NYC to explain this situation to me. Not all the weird twitter posts I was reading. Kudos to what the new poster put. Too bad I can't see crap here in El Paso, TX. However, it's not midnight yet..

link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by Juston
Look I'm not the one to get all excited but...Don't know what to make of it. Just started to happen over the last ten min or so?
Just go to Twitter and search "UFO". There are reports of "Mobs" of people standing at street corners, etc...

Twitter Feed

I saw a video of the crowds at the intersection of 23rd Street & 8th Avenue, some looking up, and the videographer did not aim the camera at the sky so what were people really looking at? Frankly, I think that since we have all kinds of aircraft flying over Manhattan, and low, people were reacting to helicopters which are notorious for the low, loud, activity.

UFOs? Someone must videotaped it, let's see it.

weve got video....

thanks

rich
edit on 13-10-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanMeatsuit
DIRECT PROOF OF ALIENS LANDING - www.youtube.com...

Footage taken October 13, 2010

Amazing......

Someone posted this crap already...Do I need to report you? Now get on point friend.

link   

Originally posted by Shino
I didn't mean to 'troll' or offend anyone with my video link. I sincerely thought it would at least make people smile here, release some of the tension.

That video was hilarious! That just made my day! I'm crying right now.

link   
reply to post by lucidsmind

So what if there are hundreds of people talking about this?

Talk =/= Truth

Also, if you go on 4chan's /x/ board, you will notice that they are purposefully perpetrating this hoax anywhere they can. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they're in this thread right now.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Twitter is monitored by the N$A as a web-bot of prediction, otherwise known as pre-crime technology. Unfortunately much information or rather data-mining of personal information is stored about every 'twitter' out there, hence the name 'twit'. A good technology that can be used to violate one's right to privacy without their knowledge. Careful with the twitter business and don't be a twit.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanMeatsuit

Nice....

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by crashbehr
I just read and I am not sure if it is a good source but on the NY Daily News site the reporter said it was 5000 feet in the air I want to know who can see a balloon at almost a mile.

Source www.nydailynews.com...

What is that ? www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 13-10-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

If you read the caption under the picture it says..

Mysterious shiny objects like this one sparked wild speculation of UFOs floating over Manhattan's West Side.

It says "like this one". It may not have anything to do w/ the objects in question.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
reply to post by andrewh7

Yes I saw the abc news footage, I was just wondering why there was only a handful of pics and vids being touted for this particular "sighting". If you look back, it started with the video of the people standing on the street. Then, the video went viral on Twitter...and then somebody posted two pictures. Only two! Those also went viral...but where are all the other vids from all the tourists/New Yorkers who saw it? I mean you'd think there would be more considering everyone nowadays carries a cell phone with a camera...that's my point.

If it was a viral campaign, then kudos to those guys! It worked!

edit on 13-10-2010 by AutOmatIc because: viral

My mom is in her 50s, and she has a camera phone. My sister is 30 and she also has a camera phone. Neither of them know how to upload a video to youtube and one doesn't even know how to use the video camera option on the phone. Having a camera phone and being able to upload the video to the internet are two entirely different things. In addition, among those who have the phones and know how to use them, how many are simply too lazy or apathetic to take the video? How many are simply too lazy or apathetic to upload a video they already shot? Finally, I would imagine that some people think it was just balloons so why would any of those people bother to upload it? Most people could care less about such things - I think you give people way too much credit.

Without a website or a movie reference, a viral campaign is worthless. If you don't already know the motive of the alleged viral campaign that it was a failure.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join