It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Threatens China And Iran, Another U.S. War?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

It is possible that these aggressive U.S. actions will eventually force Iran’s government to act out militarily, giving the U.S. military the “defensive” excuse it’s been waiting for, so the tempers of the U.S. population can be cooled.

Umm who amongst us othern than the politicrats are pissed about this, Im not calling for Irans blood, and I certainly dont need another "terrorist" 'attack to get us into a yet ANOTHER land war in asia....

This statement is inflammatory in the sense that the U.S. population is at fault here. What the hell does the international media really think that we get together and have a say on our war mongering congress??

“If the [UN] Security Council does not act quickly, then the United States and Europe must apply more pressure on their own [Bush's Iraq war strategy]. The Senate on Thursday approved a bill that would punish companies for exporting gasoline to Iran or helping Iran expand its own petroleum refining capability [another act of war]” (January 29, 2010).

umm that is a puppet theater switch-a-roo if Ive ever seen it keep Waggin the Dog.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

the thing about this and I stated in the above thread, is that we are a huge gun dealer, the armed forces have adopted a "Cold War" era mentality and that means so has the propaganda/counter-propaganda machine is in full swing. We need war to make money it is just how we have made our economy work. Nobel Peace Prize.....sheesh.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Dont you just hate it when people in power confuse their muscles, brains, and which hole their teeth should be in when the speak.
These wacky elite what will they think of next?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Another would be pissing off the largest standing army on earth.

You know what man, I don't want WW3 to occur. I'm sure you can agree with me.

Assuming no nukes.

The US is set up perfectly to battle any country, not an insurgency.

The Chinese basically have no Navy and a third rate Airforce. The US could set up a barricade on the eastern coast, and basically be able to bomb 500 million people at will. Any chinese resistance in the air would be immediatly shot out of the sky.

The US would also fund and assist separtist groups to the south in Taiwan, and Muslim's to the southwest.

The Iraqis had a relatively large army, one of the top-ten in the world at the time, and we took them out with more accidental casualties than casualties from enemy fire.

The only thing China seems to have up its sleeve is cyber warfare/satellite destruction technology, but the U.S. is by no means a sitting duck in those areas, whereas China has a vastly inferior military in every sense but numbers.

If we aren't talking about occupations I'd give the war a few weeks at the most before the communist government collapsed and we gave Taiwan administrative responsibility. Remember we have large military bases, Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan in this region.

It would be no contest.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by crisko]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

The only way I can think of to comment on this is from a song:

"Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor" - War Pigs/Black Sabbath

Obama will continue to play his talking head part, get us into another war, then he'll end up hiding in a sealed off bunker while we are getting killed. HE NEEDS TO GO. They all need to go. I think we should have a national election/poll anytime a president wants to go to war, and all the people who vote YES should have to go fight in it. I bet there would be a lot of NOs!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Now if you think about it, why would China want to jeopardize it's natural resource sources?
They already possess and control most of the precious metals in the world, own big mining companies all around the world, look at what they possess in South Africa!
China's president went on a tour of South America last year, getting all Obama's 'mates' on their side.
China's number one goal is resources, you read on the news every week about a Chinese SEO bidding on a resource company or something they can utilize .

The US is in no position to demand China do something, Naturally China will rebel the order UNLESS China has a grander plan for to use the US to their advantage than over Iran.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Some very interesting things Iran said today about America's lastest moves in the east. take a look
Iran pours scorn on US missile upgrade in Gulf

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

Five Things you Shouldn't do to Piss Off a Communist Chinaman .........

1. Have your President Meet the Dail Lama

2. Have some Woman Senator from another Country tell them to put Sanctions on Another Country simply because She says so .

3. Sell 8 Billion Dollars worth of High Tech Weapons to an Island Nation (Tiawan) off their shores that they consider Theirs .

4. Borrow Money from them with No Intention of Ever Paying it back .

5. Ask them Not to Restrict World Internet access to their people who are even lucky enough to own a Computer .

There might be a few more reasons that maybe someone else here might want to Add ?

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by crisko

Originally posted by DaMod
Another would be pissing off the largest standing army on earth.

You know what man, I don't want WW3 to occur. I'm sure you can agree with me.

Assuming no nukes.

The US is set up perfectly to battle any country, not an insurgency.

The Chinese basically have no Navy and a third rate Airforce. The US could set up a barricade on the eastern coast, and basically be able to bomb 500 million people at will. Any chinese resistance in the air would be immediatly shot out of the sky.

The US would also fund and assist separtist groups to the south in Taiwan, and Muslim's to the southwest.

The Iraqis had a relatively large army, one of the top-ten in the world at the time, and we took them out with more accidental casualties than casualties from enemy fire.

The only thing China seems to have up its sleeve is cyber warfare/satellite destruction technology, but the U.S. is by no means a sitting duck in those areas, whereas China has a vastly inferior military in every sense but numbers.

If we aren't talking about occupations I'd give the war a few weeks at the most before the communist government collapsed and we gave Taiwan administrative responsibility. Remember we have large military bases, Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan in this region.

It would be no contest.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by crisko]

Exactly! It is because of this that China has gone away with its traditional "boots on the ground" mentality and have been in the process of molding a military that is equivalent to the same Specifications as the U.S. military for the past 10 years.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS AT LEAST

Iranian president promises space program breakthroughs

Only thing we want is peaceful nuclear technology and Rockets that can go to space.
ya right, if i remember history...this was china cover story until it was able to mount a nuclear weapon

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

Yeah , that's all we need , Iranians on Da Moon ! Haven't those poor Aliens that live there already Suffered enough ? ...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

of course brilliant thought, lets just send all the terrorists to the aliens on the moon

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Rentor]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by crisko

Im not sure on the US's capability here...

But how accurate and powerful would the military be if the Chinese shot down a heap of US sat's?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Well actually all of our military and missiles etc. will still work without GPS...just wouldn't be as easy to work. well besides UAVs that is

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
But how accurate and powerful would the military be if the Chinese shot down a heap of US sat's?

Well when they develop that ability we should discuss it. Until then it's a moot point.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

But theyve already proved they can.

www.boston.com...

WASHINGTON -- The Chinese military used a ground-based missile to hit and destroy one of its aging satellites orbiting more than 500 miles in space last week -- a high-stakes test demonstrating China's ability to target regions of space that are home to US spy satellites and space-based missile defense systems.

The test of anti satellite technology is believed to be the first of its kind in two decades by any nation and raised concerns about the vulnerability of US satellites and a possible arms race in space.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't they already do

I think I remember reading or watching videos about it

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

Hmm, Im not so sure.
Space based military sat's to me are a seriously weak link in the chain.

Unguarded and vulernable, and critical to the US (atleast I believe so)
And with the chinese proving their ability to attack cyber systems at the DOD And Pentagon.. im guessing China could cripple the us before a missile has been fired in anger.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Well America is king of conventional warfare and urban warfare...since WW2. I am pretty sure military can run without sats
..Most military don't have them,but if they took them out...it would bring us down a little bit in our capabilities

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
conventional warfare means nothing when people are willing to die or blow themselves up. Anyone, i mean anyone is vulnerable at that point - and Iran particularly has the upper hand in that realm, as i'm sure under the guise of religion they could get people to do so against americans.

prepare for war. it's only weeks or months away...not years. maybe a year or year and a half at most, i'm predicting we enter in SOME FORM of a war in 2010. i can see it now...false flag attack on america so we can blame iran or something, and the title would be "The twenty-ten attacks" instead of "nine-eleven"

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I dont get this, what does china have to do with any inteests whatsoever regarding IRan? Chinas only palce with us, is to buy our debt and export products.. they have noting to do with IRan.
Hilary and obama got a BIG mouth making demans like this.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join