It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Threatens China And Iran, Another U.S. War?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
It's amazing, on the thread where china warns the US, you get people complaining that Obama isn't going to do anything and is simply a patsy, then once he does something, he's going to get us all killed.

Probably not the same people?

China is just talking, warning or not, nothing will happen. Also that's because China's interests were hurt.

But Obama's warning may actually mean something, probably a war? Well, who knows.

Anyway, no matter who got warned, it's always China's interests were hurt.

So cheer up, Americans.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Thats the plan. Getting humans killed,wipe our entire planet is the plan actually. A good one to be honest,we humans are staggering and getting worse everyday. We have done the same thing for thousands of years. Time for next level

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rgseymour

Oh yeah? Really? You think so? You think it's worth the risk with everything going on in the world. Let's face it the global economy is in crisis right now and is most likely to get worse. And it's going to get a lot worse for both China and the US.

Let's use a cute little metaphor..............China and the USA were caught throwing spit wads at each other in class. They were sent to the principal's office and are both blaming each other pointing the finger. All of a sudden their words turn into punches. How's that for you? This could VERY WELL spark a major war. Don't be so naive. Much more trivial issues have sparked far worse confrontations. Even a trade war with China is something the US does not need right now.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
REPLY TO EMERALD-

Yes, I do realize this. I was in the military and am aware what it takes to declare war. I agree with all of the above except one thing...the fact that obama is "not responsible".

He is responsible, and I will tell you why(in my own words).

He has enough backers in the senate,congress,banking,unions,and corporations. They will back his actions as long as it benefits them, and war ALWAYS benefits these people($$$).
Can we say that going into Iraq wasnt Bushs' fault?
Some might say yes, some might say no, some will say he lied about intel to get the war going(which he probably did).
Do you think that Obama is any different?
Dont you think that he will find a reason, or an excuse to go to war with whomever he wants?

The problem I find in all of this though, is the military.
I really dont think he has the support of the military that some might think.
Thats comming from an ex service member.
These guys want to come home, they had enough war, they dont want anymore of it. They have lost so many comrades that many of them are starting rethink their orders. Many are starting to say "screw it, Im not going to take this anymore". I dont believe that they have ANY confidence in this administration.
Civilians are also getting sick of sending their loved ones to fight for something that doesnt even make sense. Many are seeing their loved ones killed because of actions taken by inept politicians. As an ex military member, I couldnt agree anymore with them.
NOBODY wants war, we just want to bring our people home.
We dont need this. We need to focus on us right now.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Heated Words and Warnings are going to spark a 3rd World War?

I don't buy into it. Come on people. We (as in the world) made it through the Cold War without igniting WW3 and that was a period with a lot of heated words, warnings and stand-offs as well. Let's not forget this.

There is not going to be a war with China (not now, not anytime soon).

[edit on 2-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by bigyin

Read my post on here. Now to add to that would Europe be willing to fight a war if an absolutely nightmarish terrorist attack(s) hit Europe and killed maybe 10 - 30 thousand. Would you be willing to attack China with us if it was a Chinese terrorist with ties to the Chinese government whom conducted these attacks?

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Misoir]

That question is not really a question...There is a difference between going to war, and reacting to war already there.

I know that you didn't ask for the US input...but your gonna get it anyhow (yanks...we butt into everything...in our nature).
If say...china set off some megabomb in the center of france, would we (the states) jump on in and help out?
I am very anti-war...but once it starts, its about fighting for what you feel is right. in that senario, I would not fight for some country...but I would jump on a plane and fight with our allies until the threat was over or until death...let future generations of french call the Americans complete asses and let future Americans call french wimps...its a big brother/little brother relationship...but when the family gets hit, trifle matters are put aside.

If the UK got hit, I would be booking my ticket/signing up before the fires were even put out.

Anti-War, but willing to fight for whats right...I wont fight to conquor, but I will to preserve.

Hmm...what would happen if China went to war against Iran...that would be a interesting senario...sit back and watch I spose.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

It's amazing, on the thread where china warns the US, you get people complaining that Obama isn't going to do anything and is simply a patsy, then once he does something, he's going to get us all killed.

THANK YOU.

we just stop ignoring these clowns in power altogether and start focusing our energy on individuals who have our best interests in mind. I see alot of people hating on Obama for this, like having a republican administration would be any different...

this aint no right left issue

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Well said, Common Good. I agree with you. My niece did two tours in Iraq and her husband said he'd get her pregnant before he'd let her do a third! Anyway, have you ever heard of Oath Keepers? Imo, it's a nice site for current/retired military, peace officers, police officers, etc.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

Tell him to make sure they are twins, she deserves them.

Oath keepers, yes I have. Im not a part of it though. Maybe I should be?

Edit to say- Thank You

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamspark

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Probably not the same people?

China is just talking, warning or not, nothing will happen. Also that's because China's interests were hurt.

But Obama's warning may actually mean something, probably a war? Well, who knows.

Anyway, no matter who got warned, it's always China's interests were hurt.

So cheer up, Americans.

I know they are different people, that's the point.
I'm trying to show that even here people tend to care more about Obama than the decisions he makes.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Umm I suggest you go back and study the Cold War. There were wars being fought all over the world during those years. Lots of people died. Maybe not officially declared "war" but covert operations nonetheless. Plus we are not living in the 1950's and 60's anymore. This is the 21st century. The world is MUCH MORE dangerous. Terrorism was virtually nonexistant back then. One terrorist act blamed on another country is more than enough to spark a war. Just look at 9/11.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I said WW3

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
The atmosphere in UK is such that I doubt we would join in with you this time.

I will probably get flak for this and be called an "arrogant american" but here it goes.

When I see things like this it just irritates me to no end. Why? Because the USA has done so much for europe, in particular the UK (and please dont misconstrue what I'm saying, it is a 2 way street we have gotten some goodies from the brits as well). The US did far more for Europe than, in my opinion, Europe could probably repay. So I guess I would expect some support from our European brethren, especially against a country who just executed one of its citizens who had mental health issues. I can't help but feel that America has been slammed hard in europe and painted as the bad guy and probably easily so due to resentment.

I don't know.... I guess I should just expect that from Europeans.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NightoftheComet

Well, the unfortunate thing is that instead of having the "what have you done for me" attitude, the rest of world has the "what have you done for me lately" attitude.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
If China stops trade with the US then THEY are scrwed. Face it...the marriage that is the US and China is a necessary one as one cant do without the other. If China stopped trading with the US, the rest of the world combined is not going to immediately step in and fill the void. China's products have to go somewhere otherwise their economy would absolutely crash.

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Conflict with China has been on the cards for a while, I remember saying to somebody about it about a year ago.

There will be no war with China...not now, not in 10 years...why? because the second it started, it would be over. China would stop trade with us and...well, thats really all thats needed...oh, and then they would stop lending us money. Hard to ask for money so we can fuel a war against them. heh

This is all bluster and silliness...we must go on record as strong and tell them to sanction iran...to their people, they will say they wont, to us they will say sure and give a token sanctions to make our population feel we won...something...and thats that.

its just a game of politics...the only losers in this particular battle will be truth and clarity..but 100 years from now, people will read and chuckle at the silliness of our system (not that they will be free of the silliness, mind you)

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Is Obama trying really hard to screw up the world, his policies and foreign policy have been in exact opposite of his election rhetoric I feel he has pulled off the biggest con in History. He has managed to secure the biggest job in the world with not a shred of relevant experience and has acted in exactly the same way as Bush. If he was a business owner he would be shut down for false advertising and illegal trading.
I really cant imagine what he has planned but this world is headed down the toilet. I used to laugh at people calling him the antichrist and wrote is off as blind racism but now all the bets are off.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightoftheComet

The atmosphere in UK is such that I doubt we would join in with you this time.

I will probably get flak for this and be called an "arrogant american" but here it goes.

When I see things like this it just irritates me to no end. Why? Because the USA has done so much for europe, in particular the UK (and please dont misconstrue what I'm saying, it is a 2 way street we have gotten some goodies from the brits as well). The US did far more for Europe than, in my opinion, Europe could probably repay. So I guess I would expect some support from our European brethren, especially against a country who just executed one of its citizens who had mental health issues. I can't help but feel that America has been slammed hard in europe and painted as the bad guy and probably easily so due to resentment.

I don't know.... I guess I should just expect that from Europeans.

Don't have any problems with Americans, but I can tell you that folk in the UK are sick to the back teeth with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and what with the Chilcot Enquiry with smug Blair rubbing our noses in it, it would be extrememly difficult for any government here to get the backing of the peoplf to go into another war.

If as was propsoed we got hit big style then that might be different, but why would China want to strike UK ? It's not a scenario I see.

Don't try to enlighten me about why we in Europe are so in debt to America, because I dont buy that either.

Who was executed ?

I know US wants Garry McKinnon, a Scottish guy with mental issues extradited, which is shameful.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Many are finding these recent slights between the US and China as rather mundane, but I think there may be something in wind. War, economic severance between the two powers, indefinite suspension of all diplomatic ties, and other serious outcomes by this recent escalation in tension. This could get very serious if it is handled reasonably. I can't remember in recent memory when the relations between the two nations have cooled so significantly in a short period of time.

Lately, the Chinese have been acting like the overlords of the US given their precarious hand in the US economy, and have been doing most of the pushing. Now, the US is pushing back, which is very surprising! They have remained relatively silent for the past few years as China continues to embolden itself and throw their weight around. These recent developments have some of the hallmarks of another Cold War looming in the not to distant future.

These US provocations are likely related to the Chinese inaction, regarding more robust sanctions against Iran. Iran is their largest petroleum exporter, and that makes sense. However, it appears that things are going to get hot in the Middle East very shortly. No one militarize an entire region if war is not imminent. Why waste the resources and capital? The US is slowly building a fortress around the Islamic Republic with the recent naval movements, and the initiation of a more robust defense posture in countries loosely allied to the United States.

Personally, these developments should be taken seriously, because even a minor spat between the US and China could have global implications. Whether it be, economic or geopolitical. It could also destabilize the Pacific and further destabilization the Middle East. So, I will keep a close eye on all of this, because it seems pretty serious. The harsh rhetoric is only escalating with each day.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Whoever said Europe isn't supportive for sanctions( aka an act of war)

Trying to find the recent news link...but cant find it at the moment

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Rentor]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
we cant predict much because sometimes we can be really surprised on how events unfold... theres so much going on in the world, and it seems like everyone is gearing up for war... maybe not china and usa, but iran, syria, and israel will go at it... israel made it clear that it will not allow iran to build a nuclear reactor or whatever, and iran stated that if attacked it would retaliate... somehow everyone will get dragged in and you have a world war 3 that only lasts a few weeks... we, as a collective society have never been this far in regards to technologies and knowledge...

anyway heres my prediction which is a pile of sh*t

- israel attacks iran
- iran, syria, hezbollah retaliate
- US to the rescue
- iraq splits into 2 sides (pro-iran and pro-arab)
- saudi, oman, kuwait, qatar join usa and allies
- russia and china will support iran
- north korea will urgently requests chinese and russian support for supplies to ready it for war againts south
- israel is set on fire from 1000 rockets, its gets pissed off and sets her nuke
- one iranian city disapears
- the whole world protests chaos everywhere
- pakistan uses the nuke as an excuse to invade india
- indian-paki war starts while iranian troops are flowing through basra making thier way to the city of kuwait
- china find opportunity to take taiwan
- more people join the houthis in yemen as they prepare to invade saudis
- the UAE cries and tell everyone not to come to thier city dubai
- millions of people die in the 1st 3 days
- iraqis start to run away and move north towards the kurds for safety, kurdistan refuses them
- arab iraqis unite and overtake kurdistan with the help of iran
- america leaves iraq
- america collapses
- russia arms up, china fires an EMP over the USA, all power goes off
- china invades what she claims belongs to her
- NATO loses nations to the SCO alliance
- georgia requests nato troops on its land
- turkey accepts even though they fight kurds at the same moment
- 5 days later syria is in a very bad state but the army still fights, very little advancement on israeli land
- hezbollah is bushed back after fierce and dealy fighting with israeli troops
- lebanese goverment help israelites
- most africa starves, libyan leader gathers muslim african nations and prepares them to go aid the muslims.
- egypt rejects and war erupts as sudan and somali militants advance on egyptian land
- NATO warns russia not to interfere
- russia supplies iran with stealth fighters
- israel gets pissed as they lose, more nukes on russia, iran, pakistan
- pakistan lunches nuke on india
- russia begins the invasion of europe which is for some reason easy as more countries start to go against israel for using the nukes
- the only safe country in europe is the UK, but over priced and secret police everywhere

bullsh*T right?!?!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join