It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran has brought down an unidentified shining object over the Persian Gulf

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
hey everybody i think i MAY have a picture of the object shot down. here is the link cryptoworld.co.uk... - sorry i dont have time to post it here.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

For the last 100 years humans have attacked UFO's and they have never once retaliated.

You do realize that for decades countless aircraft have been lost, either when their equipment mysteriously stopped working... or when they just vanished all together when in the prescence of UFOs. Usually occuring after UFO's were fired on.

Sounds like retaliation to me.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Not what the article said:

Tehran - Iran said it has shot down "unidentified shining objects" over the Gulf in southern Iran, the website of the Press TV network reported Tuesday. The commander of the Revolutionary Guards in the port of Bushehr said after Iranian radar detected three bright objects flying over the Gulf Islands of Khark and Khargou, the guards targeted and shot them down.

Notice the plural.....

Soon there will be a press conference where the commander of the Revolutionary Guard will show "weather balloon" debris. It will be very convincing.......

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
The commander of the Revolutionary Guards in the port of Bushehr said after Iranian radar detected three bright objects flying over the Gulf Islands of Khark and Khargou, the guards targeted and shot them down.

Maybe the "bright objects" were just the bright blips displayed on the radar screen as stated by the Commander?

Rather than what was reported later as being"unidentified shining objects".

"It's the way you tell em"

[edit on 22-9-2009 by no1dea]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well that is interesting, I just hate that when ever we get videos or photos of UFOs they always look distorted or out of focus. Yet, with our digital cameras we can take almost crystal clear photos. It's very disappointing! Anyway, perhaps, the ET's are interested in this Iran thing as well. Maybe they think their science project is going to destroy itself and are waiting for the right time to intervene. Just an off the wall speculation, but I guess any is welcome, since the facts are elusive at the moment.

link   
Fire Capn! Blow them shiny things out of the sky! alalalalalala "waves AK in the air"

link   
thats really messed up;
what the hell is wrong with these people?
shooting and killing innocent beings.....
that is just wrong......

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
OK It appears that the crash DIDN'T have anything to do with the airshow.

Tehran, 22 September: The public relations office of the Islamic Republic of Iran's Air Force has issued a statement saying that the crash of an aircraft in Qarchak [area] in Varamin [south of Tehran] was not related with today's military parade. According to a Mehr correspondent, the deputy head of the public relations office of the Islamic Republic of Iran's Air Force for cultural affairs said that the air manoeuvres staged by the Air Force units during today's parade were successful and the crash of an aircraft in Qarchak in Varamin had nothing to do with today's parade which marked the beginning of Sacred Defence Week [anniversary of the 1980-88 Iran-Iraq war] and was held beside the mausoleum of the founder of the Islamic Republic of Iran [Imam Khomeyni].

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

The Location cited in the article doesn't match up with this latest report. I think this picture is referring to an event that happen a bit ago in Iran. Forget the exact time frame.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Yeah the photo I think is just a stock photo. I do not believe it was actually sighted in Iran. That is pretty obvious to me.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by naught

Self defence i see nothing wrong in it.
and neither should you.. if you got fired upon by someone, you would fire back at them correct? same principles apply to dogfights/recon missions

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It may be US drones, they send them on purpose so they are attacked by radar missiles. Once they are attacked, the joos ans US can get the missile bateries locations so they can attack later.
I think this will happen again in the next days, as they prepare to attack Iran.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Maybe it's just Iran Iran posturing it's military might.

Iran's president stages show of strength, bravado before U.N. trip
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was his combative, rhetorical self: threatening to cut the hands off would-be invaders and claiming that the U.S. military presence in Iraq and Afghanistan was an insult to the region.

His remarks came during a military parade that featured jet fighters and missiles capable of reaching Israel and Europe.

Source

Could be a false flag by Iran to show off a new missile defense system.

Maybe some s-300's got through by way of the Caspian Sea while Mossad was distracted by the Arctic Sea?

[edit on 22-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I saw a reply on the article link. Someone said the US did the same thing in 1991. It was to determine where the defense systems are located in Iran. Think about it. If it was a UFO wouldn't US & Russia send there ships to intercept recovery?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
I wonder if the aircraft gathered its intelligence before they shot it down.

Perhaps this was a reconnaissance mission performed by Israel or the US - it could also be that a drone was being used to test Iranian defensive capabilities (It was bright and shining, and so was hardly a demonstration of stealth).

Even if it was not bright and shining, the report suggests they were already tracked on radar.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by December_Rain]

[edit on 22-9-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
According to the article that ziggyproductions05 provided, ...

UFO Shoot Down Over Iran?

The Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) was completely destroyed by the country’s new air defence system, the report said. BAZTAB has learned that the bright object might have been a pilotless drone.

Few months ago, the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) confirmed reports that its drones were conducting reconnaissance flights over the Iranian sky.

Some sources, however, claimed that the operation could have been part of an exercise to test the combat alertness and power of Iran’s air defence system.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The big question still remains... How....??

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Maybe they were Israeli cruise missiles.

One was shot down, the other two found their mark, the airshow crash story was fabbed up as a cover to save face.

Sounds conspiratorial no?

After all, who would want Israeli missles crashing through when you are having a parade to show off how bad-ass your gear is? Kinda makes you look silly...

[edit on 22-9-2009 by hotrodturbo7]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Timing is weird also.

Equinox

G20 summit starting with HU speaking (Chinese president says to further integrate actions on climate change into economic development ) news.xinhuanet.com...

And Obama missile shield last decision in europe...

Probably many other things happeing in the background. Interesting times indeed...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm not sure if someone has pointed it out allready, but since people were talking about the retrieval of the object, it might be a good thing to know that the Persian Gulf is very shallow with an average depth of 180-200 ft.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join