It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran has brought down an unidentified shining object over the Persian Gulf

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Probably those new predator droves?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
It most likely is from this World. To only get one out of three says they were spoted by accident.

Any ET around Earth are well aware of our mandate for hostility and act accordingly. They know what makes us tick.

More along the lines of a perceived threat from western, oil hungry industry driven seekers of wealth, is the problem here. This may be the spark needed to set things in motion.

We still have 10 briefcase nuclear bombs built by the USSR, not accounted for.

How do you know that any/all ET's are aware of our hostility and what makes us 'tick'? There's technically no 100 percent proof out there that says we have been visited by ET's, let alone even if we did have proof, that doesn't mean we know what information they know about us. I'm not saying I don't believe in ET's but saying they are aware of things that you have no idea about is just plain... stupid.

I agree with those of you who said it may be a provocation to kick-start a war that the greedy bastards who run the world would like to have. War=money simple as that.

Obviously this would be awesome if the UFO turned out to be alien, but not only do we have no clue what it was so far (and most likely no one does quite yet unless it was there aircraft), but as well we would have to find the crashed object in the water.

However finding the object should be easy since the Persian Gulf is "about 615 mi (990 km) long and rarely exceeds a depth of 300 ft (90 m)."
SOURCE

300ft of water is not much at all, and just applying some simple mathematics you could place the object in a rough estimate of where it has fallen (although not knowing the speed of the object and size would effect where it would crash).

Anyway, whatever this turns out to be, I hope we find out what it is. Alien or not, this is probably going to start some sort of problem for some people (countries).

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Found this very interesting:

US ships arrive in Israel ahead of joint drill

US Navy missile ships started arriving in Israel on Sunday ahead of next month's joint missile defense exercise between the IDF and the American military's European Command. Defense officials said the exercise would not begin for a few weeks, but that the ships were already arriving to begin preparing the infrastructure for the joint drill.

US Ships arrive in Israel

They're talking about the Arrow (missile) defense system

From Wikipedia:

Arrow 3

By August 2008 the United States and Israeli governments have initiated development of an upper-tier component to the Israeli Air Defense Network, known as Arrow 3, "with a kill ratio of around 99 percent".[62] The development is based on an architecture definition study conducted in 2006-2007, determining the need for the upper-tier component to be integrated into Israel's ballistic missile defense system. According to Arieh Herzog, the main element of this upper tier will be an exoatmospheric interceptor, to be jointly developed by IAI and Boeing

There is more ...

The new component will also require the integration of longer range detection, tracking and discrimination capability, beyond what the "Green Pine" and "Super Green Pine" radars employed with the Arrow 2 are providing. Among the advanced sensors considered for Israel's future multi-tier system, are airborne electro-optical sensors deployed on high flying unmanned aerial vehicles and future enhanced "Green Pine" radars, as well as the AN/TPY-2 radar already deployed in Israel, and operated by U.S. forces.

en.wikipedia.org...(missile)

Could it be that Iran shot down one of this High UAV's part of the Arrow system?

[edit on 22-9-2009 by joscarfas] To clean up the links

[edit on 22-9-2009 by joscarfas]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

they dont cost more then the materials and training , so for a mill you probobly get 3 or 4 of these "cheeper drones"

i know cause my friend builds them and they ve been used in pakistan.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Two Apache helicopters with arms, all white or light gray just flew over my house at about 500 ft altitude! A C-130 flew higher overhead a few minutes later. I live about 10 miles from the Capital Building in Tallahassee, and about 20 miles from the airport, and they were not heading toward the airport, they were heading due west?

I doubt if it is related, but I am a private pilot at this airport, and I am familiar with all the aircraft here, and I have never seen these before, and there is no reason for them to be so low over my neighborhood.

Just FYI, in case it becomes relavent later.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Any more news on this?

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Are you sure they were Apaches and not Cobras? Never seen a light colored Apaches, and I see tons at Rucker. Marines fly light grey Cobras. Hey, just like my Av!!!

The 130 was probably from Moody AFB at Valdosta, just north of Tally. They have HC-130 tankers with the rescue wing there, to refuel HH-60 Pave Hawks.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I have two point's here. Firtstly: If these objects are at the bottom of the NAG (Northern Arabian Gulf) then they can be recovered very easily. I have seen a crashed Sea Harrier recovered from the bottom of that region less than 72 hours after ditching.
Secondly: For those people that claim that alien tech could not be picked up on RADAR, ask any RADAR operator what they have seen on their displays. Many of them will have seen things on their displays that defy explanation.
Also drones are picked up on RADAR and so are stealth aircraft in the right conditions, although drones are easier to pick up.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

White aircraft are used in testing. Light grey is the color of the United States Navy.

You provably saw white, so my opinion is that they were testing something (opinion made upon no information but the color of the aircraft).

That, or white is also a color used for special operations. I have seen some special aircraft using white (NASA, for example).

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

You are right, I alway mix up the name of Cobras and Apaches! They were almost identical to your avvy, but they had a longer attachment just off the nose (refueling?) and they had some kind of heavy gun under the rt side wings!

The Color was very similar to your avvy, I was looking almost directly up at it, so it appeared white and then became covered in its own shadow and looked light gray.

You are right about the C130s, I see them fairly often, I also used to live next door to Hurlburt Field and saw them daily, but I have never seen this particular helicopter here in Tallahassee, and the low altitude and deafening noise, and heavy arms concerned me?!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Was probably a W model with M-197 three barrel gun, those guns are Looooonnnggg. Also W model still has the 2-blade rotor which makes them extremely loud.

All Apaches and the Z model Cobra use 4-blade rotors which are extremely quiet, you usually don't recognize the noise until they pass over.

Makes me wonder indeed WTH they were doing your way, I have seen them at Pensacola but never that far east, unless they are ferrying to storage or to maintanence depot.

They may be coming up my way, when I was still employed with Bell Aero Services they were doing complete refurbish on some Cobras that Dept. of State was giving to a certain large nation that shares a border with trashcanistan. Probably not if they were carrying weapons on the pylons though, and I probably should not be telling that on open forum but oh well.
They could have been going to MCLB Albany but I have no idea why gunships would be going there.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by hotrodturbo7]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
hehe, somebody is linking to ATS on this one...
www.associatedcontent.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is probably what they were shooting at.

TALD

If the IR flares were active this would cause the "shiny" effect that was reported.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

We are the news, bro.

We are the news.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

Thanks hotrod! That is an excellent description. I also wonder why they were so low in this area? The only place they could touch down anywhere near here would be the Federal Prison? I haven't heard of any trouble there. I don't think they would be so low if they were ferrying somewhere. Maybe some type of support role training for State government, DHS, or Fed Prison?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
More then likely it was a test to see what Iran has in regards to defenses. Looking for weak spots or mapping out their radar coverage.

link   

Definitely very wierd to me for Cobras to be anywhere in your area with a combat load, but it's possible that there is a Marine Reserve unit somewhere in the area that they belong to. The further east you go in FL the less I know about it so ??? Mostly I know P.C. and west (AKA Lower Alabama)

I will ask my dad and he may just be like "oh those are out of such and such, you didn't know that?" Have to call him later. He is almost 60 and been fiddling with military helicopters for 40 years so he may give me one of those duuuuhh explanations.

link   

Classic, another site listing ATS as their source.

We don't report the news we make it..

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
These don't even have to be UAVS, what is the possibility of it being a radar/electronic warfare Guided missile? For example AGM-129
mixed with this new tech BAE proposal for Navy E-warfare missiles

Also this new tech has a full spectrum network integration system. Meaning these three "UFOs" could link up to find multiple targets, while accomplishing an array of tasks.
So from what little knowledge I know, taking down one doesn't effect a formation as much as having a single missile being damaged. There-for, mission continues and E-warfare ensues.

(god I hope that made sense)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotrodturbo7

We are the news, bro.

We are the news.

LMAO; thats funny as hell

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join