It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran has brought down an unidentified shining object over the Persian Gulf

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Iran has brought down an unidentified shining object over the Persian Gulf

twitter.com

Iran has brought down three unidentified shining objects over the Persian Gulf, forcing it to plummet into the sea, state media reports.

The unidentified "glowing objects" brought down by Iran have not yet been recovered, the report added.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Press TV report: www.presstv.ir...

Edit to add Press TV link and change the title, not 3 but 1 object was brought down.

[edit on 22/9/2009 by FreezeM]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Iran has brought down three unidentified shining objects over the Persian Gulf, forcing it to plummet into the sea, state media reports.

The unidentified "glowing objects" brought down by Iran have not yet been recovered, the report added.

This is breaking so there is not much information yet. Since the report is only talking about Unidentified objects I guess these are for now UFO's.

Very interesting to see how this plays out. What will this turn out to be? Just propaganda by Iran, or maybe Israëli drones?

twitter.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has targeted and downed an unidentified shining object after sighting it over Persian Gulf waters.

"Glowing objects were sighted over the Persian Gulf. IRGC air defense targeted one of the objects successfully, forcing it to plummet and sink in the seas off Boushehr (Province)," said top regional commander, Brigadier Ali Razmjou.

"The three bright objects were detected by our radars when flying over the Persian Gulf Islands of Khark and Khargou," he added, according to a Monday report posted on IRNA.

Brig. Razmjou explained that when the radars indicated that they were not Iranian aircrafts, the IRGC fired at the three objects. He also added that the fallen objects' remains have not been found yet.

The exact time and location of the sighting and downing of the weird aircraft has not been announced.

Press TV report: www.presstv.ir...

+32 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Cool.

It would be hilarious if some kind of disclosure came from Iran

If there was a coverup by the west, it would be a serious kick in the stones.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The heading is incorrect - in the IR source it states only 1 of the 3 objects was shot down.

Interesting what they were though... I hope there will be more information.

+28 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
We best be in hopes now more than ever it IS a UFO.

Cause if it's stamped 'made in the USA' we're in some big trouble.

Big trouble.

peace

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
Cool.

It would be hilarious if some kind of disclosure came from Iran

I think any disclosure coming from Iran will be easely disgarded by the west as just some kind of propaganda by Iran. But I agree, if Iran would be able to bring forth undeniable prove this was something alien that would be great.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alphard
The heading is incorrect - in the IR source it states only 1 of the 3 objects was shot down.

Interesting what they were though... I hope there will be more information.

The heading was taken from the original source (twitter.com/breakingnews), before the Press TV article was up.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Hmm.. I wonder what this is. Sounds suspicious to me, though, whatever it is.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Seems strange no other news outlets have picked it up yet. Google news has been linking to the PressTV article for over an hour now....

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
If these are alien objects then the last thing the Iranians need to worry about are the Americans...

My bet is that they were some kind of terrestrial surveillance platform,from the US or Israel,"shining"as the sun hit them.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Wonderful, now ET will want to attack Iran

Sounds like they could have been some unmanned drones which so often are used by different countries these days, I don't understand why they where seen on radar however I thought most drones where using stealth technologies?

Hopefully we will get to know more before the shutters are pulled down over the story, pity it came down over the water, otherwise the story would be a lot different by now I suspect.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I wonder if the aircraft gathered its intelligence before they shot it down.

Perhaps this was a reconnaissance mission performed by Israel or the US - it could also be that a drone was being used to test Iranian defensive capabilities (It was bright and shining, and so was hardly a demonstration of stealth).

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
If these are alien objects then the last thing the Iranians need to worry about are the Americans...

My bet is that they were some kind of terrestrial surveillance platform,from the US or Israel,"shining"as the sun hit them.

That's my guess as well. Sure I'd love it if aliens would now sent a search and rescue team to earth because their prince was shot down by Iran. But what is the change of that happening

I'd really like to see what will happen when the Irians locate the UAV they shot down and can identify it as US/Israeli. It was shot down over Iran's territory.

What would those drones be doing over Khark and Khargou. According to wikipedia there's not much left on those islands after the Iran–Iraq War.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Typical, 3 UFO's (assuming they are) come along probobally on a peace mission and Iran instantly shoots one of them down.

I doubt Israel/US would be stupid enough to fly advanced technological UAVs over Iran knowing full-well the aircraft would be trackable on radar.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Typical, 3 UFO's (assuming they are) come along probobally on a peace mission and Iran instantly shoots one of them down.

You are joking right?

I cannot tell through the internet - but are you joking?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Everybody knows that for the public to find out someone somewhere will have had to shoot and kill one. I hate that ...but we'll see what happens. I can't wait for some more news on it. I wonder what they shot it down with.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Iran will be mad no matter who it was and could start a war, i wonder if it was alien would they retailate

+34 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The aliens should be ashamed at being downed by an rpg

lol

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. rock
Iran will be mad no matter who it was and could start a war, i wonder if it was alien would they retailate

I hope not, if they were to retaliate everybody would freak. It would unite the whole world which is beautiful but I wouldn't want it to happen because of that, very scary. Watch it be a bird who just flapped out of a gold paint spill. poor bird

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join