It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Hell is Going on with the Weather?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Its a big earth guys .. the universe is crazy.

The earth is aging and going through a cycle ..

Global warming is a $ scheme and fear tactics..

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I live in Las Vegas, NV and it was snowing for 8 hours last week. I mean the whole valley was covered in snow. That has happened before, but only a few times in the last hundred years. Do you think global warming has anything to do with it? or maybe something else

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'm in Missouri, and we just had storms come through here worse than some of the spring storms we have. 70 mile an hour winds, tree damage, and tornado watch. Temps in the 60's. I have to look at the calender to make sure it's really DECEMBER!

Last year at this time, we had such bad ice storms, that we lost power. That, I could see, but not tornadoes and spring-like storms. Is mother earth going through menopause???

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

to the OP, I have lived in SW michigan, and now NW Ohio, and if you have lived there for any length of time you would know this is normal for the area. This is totally not uncommon and has become a joke with my friends and family on how fast the weather changes. Why does it do this??? I don't know, but it's been going on like this for as long as I can remember. I wouldn't worry about it too much

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Welcome to Earth! weather patterns have been changing for billions of years and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
In NW In it is 61 deg which is all time record. Windy again. So we had some snow then and ice storm producing 1/2" - 1" of ice on everthing, rain, thunder now record heat.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It's called man induced CLIMATE CHANGE - but I realize that's a dirty word around here with all the science bashers who say that such a thing cannot be possible (because it's all just a NWO conspiracy, right?).

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

There have been quite a few times where temperatures managed to jump 40-60 degrees within a day.
Certainly nothing strange or sinister about it. In fact its happened before. In fact the biggest temperature plunge in Chicago was back in 1911 :

Chicago's largest day-to-next temperature changes
In the period Nov. 1, 1870, through Jan. 30, 2008

temperature rises
58º from 0º to 58º February 13-14, 1887
58º from 15º to 73º March 10-11, 1972
57º from 24º to 81º March 31-April 1, 2003

temperature falls
61º from 74º to 13º November 11-12, 1911
58º from 62º to 4º February 8-9, 1900
58º from 49º to -9º December 13-14, 1901

Posted by wgnweather at 1:37 AM | Permalink

blogs.trb.com...

yes it totally possible for temps to very so widely and in much shorter time frames. Thats the wonder of nature and weather.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The weather in vancouver BC has been totally abnormal. Every so often we get snow but never like this. The last major dump of snow was well over 10 years ago.

Allergies yes they have increased, but it's a good idea to have a window open as often as you can to circulate the air. Many people here have had issues with a nasty sinus flu/infection going around. Compounds the very normal problem of stale air and allergens.

The Norhtern Pacific areas are having very a-typical weather, but it has happened before so it's likely a "normal" pattern of air currents, global temperatures etc combined with ozone depletion and lack of sun spots.

All survivable and not so abnormal as to start panicking (yet) LOL.

All I can say is is that the snow is a WELCOMED change from the usual deluge of rain we get here this time of year. I'd take snow over rain any day!

It does cause issue here though as we so rarely get massive snow, the city of vancouver doesn't even own it's own snow removal equipment LMAO we borrow from other cities - plows, sanding and salting trucks all come from outer lying areas of GVRD. Kinda poignant when we get this kind of weather.

Now we're getting back to normal rain and warmer temps and with the warmth the allergies are coming back ten fold - moisture=mould and in vancouver we have tons of mould everywhere.

Was sort of funny watching the city come to a standstill over the first foot of snow...weird.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I live in California in the Bay area. Weird? Not one word can describe the rapid imbalance in the seasons. It's been happening for almost 4-5 years now, getting 'weirder', faster.
Anyway, right now we got snow fall on the southeastern and south western ridge of the Los Gatos, and San Jose region.
Weird? Hell yes! We might see snow (might see snow!) on the eastern ridge if it's been a cold winter, but not on both and not in one night!
It is unusually cold in the San Francisco area too. Ice covers everything in the mornings...but only some mornings.
I've been here since '92, and I've never seen weather like what we're having. EVER...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
there was recently information from nasa that the ionosfeer was on much lower level to surface earth than normal... that can explain the extreem cold weather...

www.spacedaily.com...

[edit on 27-12-2008 by ressiv]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I live in west texas and the weather here has always been unpredictable. One day it will be hot and the next day cold. sometime it rains for awhile then sometimes we wont get any rain for awhile. and yes it snows here in texas, but not every year.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
well im pretty much with OP on this one...

it's Dec 27th 2008 as i write this and it's about 55f outside right now and less than a week ago (probably 4 days ish) it was like 5-7f outside.

i to live in Michigan.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Your weather is erratic because the solar system is getting hotter. An ice age is due.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

The changes may be part of a cycle, however, climate changes are taking place, they do exist. No one really understands it all, and what they mean, time will tell or eliminate the need to know.

This outbreak of ice came in the year when earth, moon and sun were in a relative position that gives a secondary maximum of the tide-producing forces. The similar constellation of 1912 was another great ice year in the Labrador Current - a year that brought the disaster of the Titanic.

Now in our own lifetime we are witnessing a startling alteration of climate, and it is intriguing to apply Otto Pettersson’s ideas as a possible explanation.

It is now established beyond question that a definite change in the arctic climate set in about 1900, that it became astonishingly marked about 1980, and that it is now spreading into subarctic and temperate regions. The frigid top of the world is very clearly warming up.

wattsupwiththat.com...-1850

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Great, after yesterdays 68 degree temps and tornado watches, the thunderstorms fully complete with monsoon like rains that lasted until late this morning. Its back to being colder than a witches tit and sleeting. The pond I didnt know I had is not an ice skating rink. Cheers.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
We have had the same changing weather here. From schools closed due to white outs and wind chills to nearly 2 feet of snow now gone. This is not that big a concern for me as the weather here is always erratic. It makes life with fibromyalgia a miserable experience though. Each weather change makes the pain far worse and all the other effects of this nasty condition much worse.

I tend to think this is just life on our Earth. I do think that the Industrial Age has something to do with all of this, but I do think that it is not as big as once thought.

I guess I will need boots and a rain coat to get through this winter.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
Al Gore is manipulating the weather to support his idea that global warming exists. It will get real cold for a long time soon.

[edit on 12/26/2008 by Bramble Iceshimmer]

he's trying to confuse manbearpig.....
excelsior!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I believe I may have found the answer to the Op question

Did a bit of investigation, and came up with the following thread (to much to post here, sorry Op, not trying to derail your thread
)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27/12/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Pacific North west, Washington State, USA--we got a "Oh hey! Going to have a 3 day snow storm in 2 hours-that turned out to be a metro traffic stopping blizzard!" last week.

and a, "It'll be clear tomorrow, then within hours, here, have another 6inches! But only 2" show up. It'll snow again tonight-but it doesn't"

The state didn't even have de-icer.
Weather patterns forming more quickly?
It was pretty cool, though...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join