It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Hell is Going on with the Weather?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It pretty much means we can fix whatever is broken. I just believe that spiritually we are capable of just about anything. I'm a creationist, I believe anything is possible. If that's not "real" to you, then that's fine.

And, physically, we are also quite capable of cleaning up the mess we have made here, to improve the quality of our environment. We need to get a handle on deforestation, air pollution, and pollution in general, plus any other such nasties. Couldn't hurt things, to clean up our act.

Troy

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
For god sake....its El Nino swithcing back to a La Nina phase, it is normal!!!!!!! The only reason its seems different is because we havent had a major La Nina weather pattern since 1999

Sheesh

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Up until this last Christmas snowfall -
It had been 30 years since snow fell on Vegas - and 24 years in Malibu Ca.
Would these be La Nina phases as well?

[edit on 28-12-2008 by spinkyboo]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

I'm in Ky too..The weather is always screwy here..lol

The weather patterns always seem to cycle and all this weirdness will pass as it has before.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Well I live in the Eastern part of Canada, Atlantic provinces to be exact, and we've seen some very odd weather here in the past few months.

Usually our winter starts the last week of October, it starts to get cold -8C to -15C, a drop of about 10 or 20 degrees, then usually by 2nd week of November we get snow, and the temperature drops constantly to hit that nice -40C we ohh soooo enjoy.

This year however the weather has been a bit sporadic, we didn't get alot of snow till late early December, and the day after our first snow storm, the temperature increased by about 10 degrees. It's been like that ever since, we get snow, then the next day rain, sunny weather, more snow.

It's weather by sible, very odd.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Around 5am here in Michigan I was awakened by 60mph winds! Very scary! I had never in my life experienced wind like that before. My house shaking and branches were everywhere. Yesterday it was 60 degrees so the high winds may have been a result of a cold air coming in, but never had I experience winds that fast here in Detroit. We usually miss the weird weather.

Also is it possible to get lightening with no thunder? The sky lite up so bright that the street lights went out. But I heard no thunder. It was like that movie "War of The Worlds"

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

LMAO that is a good one!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
does anyone have a microwave?? of course you do.....and you may or may not understand how it works..........but you can literally heat up water and air (inside the microwave) with the push of a button. .......hmm.....what if it was possible to create a high power-directable-concentrated beam of microwaves..sustainable.. into the sky or clouds or jet stream.....???? to heat up the the air or jetstream????!!!! would that or could that do anything???? and tell me again what are those high altitude planes doing up there leaving all those lines on christmas day??????

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

This woke me up as well, in fact we made the national news.

High wind knocks out power to 413,000 in Mich.

news.yahoo.com...

DETROIT – Wind gusting more than 60 mph knocked out power to about 413,000 Michigan homes and businesses on Sunday as temperatures dipped back into the 20s and 30s.

Meanwhile, flood warnings were posted throughout the Midwest as temperatures rose after a week of heavy snowfall. Forecasters said flooding was possible in areas of Wisconsin, Ohio, Iowa, Michigan and Indiana.

In Michigan, high wind knocked down tree limbs and power lines. Parts of the state also got about 4 inches of snow.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
In the Northeast USA, especially Connecticut, has anyone noticed over the past few years, perhaps longer, nearly every Spring through Fall weekend the weather is dingy? It is cloudy, damp, rainy just nasty nearly every weekend.

Monday rolls around and we have bright sunshine and highs in the 80's!

I say it's government control of the weather on the weekend, when most people are not working, to help control crime.

There's no other explanation!

This year, I'm working weekends and taking Wednesday and Thursday OFF!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Wow! I did not watch the news being that I hate how it stresses me out, but I should've today because the wind was insane last night! I know how it gets windy before it gets cold again due to an unseasonable warm up, but 60mph winds? Weather can be wacky. I just hope it's mother nature and nothing else. Thanks for the article.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

of course its just mother nature running her course with good weather and bad. as some1 said earlier mother nature has just turned into sible

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
More like mother nature on crack. "What a wonderful day in the neighborhood, doo, doo, dooo, oh what the s&#t are you looking at, take that a#$hole." Boom, rumble, rumble. "Oh, what nice little dearies. Here, here, let me take care of you. Oh, did you look at me cross eyed, you little F$#ckers, I'll teach you." Boom, rumble, rumble.

When I was young, things weren't out of line like they are nowadays. When it was Winter, it was cold and it snowed. Spring had its cool mornings, and the days were warm, and Summer was good and warm. What do we have now? A windy cold day followed by nice and warm spring weather.

We can hardly squeeze out a few inches of snow during Winter anymore. Spring, it could be automatically hot the day Spring starts, or it's chilly; place your bets on what it will be.

And in the Summer, I used to be able to make a business out of mowing grass. Nowadays, maybe it will rain, or maybe it will be dry and dusty. Maybe there will be Summer thunderstorms, maybe there won't be.

Mother nature needs to lay off the crack and remember what season are.

Troy

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It's those silly primates who think they can play God but always wind up F-ing things up because they're not.

Silly primates, weather is not your tool. It can;t be until you are more organized.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
its the same in good old australia, hail and snow in summer (for the southern hemisphere that is) when it is always warm, temperatures from one extreme to the next, massive storms, heaps of rain in the middle of oz(which is good in a way because its breaking our drought) anyway i totally agree the weather is changing because of the climate changing im just glad i dont live on the coast anymore just incase 2012 is true

sty

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I am from Eastern Europe, living in the UK for the moment. As far as I am aware, it is just a typical winter here in Europe - from the East to the West, nothing strange .

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
According to my professors where I am studying geology, the earth's magnetic field is changing- & THAT is the reason that the weather is getting weird & unpredictable. Yes, global warming is a fact- & as long as people keep creating poison, it's going to hurt us all. When I was a child in the American Midwest in the 1950's, it RARELY got as high as 80 degrees in the height of summer (July); now, in APRIL, it's in the 90's. (It used to be in the 40's in April- with snow still on the ground)!. Modern weather reports consistently lie about the so-called "record highs & lows" of any given year; DON'T BE LAZY!!! Go to your local public library that still has actual records like old newspapers & books to consult & find out for yourself- it's FREE. -Deianera

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
WTF! is going on? Anyone else getting crazy weather patterns.

We sure are here in Adelaide. Summers here are usually very hot, usually exceeding 40C at some point. At present, it's barely reached 30C.

I spent $1000 getting the airconditioner fixed in my car and haven't even used it yet!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
We're just jumping up and down here. Springish, cold, Springish, cold. We are in early Spring-like weather right now. Just the other day, it was cold as crap, the wind was blowing and the electricity went out. Today it got up to 63 F. We're talking 30 or so degrees difference.

I would love to see some snow for a change, you know, an actual Winter.

Troy

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
yeah, i live in south west michigan and the weather has been chaotic, i had my brother in law plow my drive way and wound up with a seven foot mound of snow, next day it was sixty degrees ad all that snowy goodness turned my yard and drive into a damn swamp. yeah the weather has definatly become bi-polar.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunchbox1979yeah the weather has definatly become bi-polar.

There's your flip!

Polar flip that is. Aww, nevermind.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join