It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Hell is Going on with the Weather?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Got another theory , in the past decade we have had a major shift of the poles, remember the asteroid impacting one of the outer planets ? I recall a mention of the shockwave tilting the earth some ten degrees off its axis . If so then the melt of the permafrost in the arctic and the major wierd weather we have been having over the past few years would be reasonably explained , just had a GOREing over by a fool for a profit and to turn the control of more of our freedoms over to the profiteering powers that be. Add the factors mentioned above and the normal weather cycles and changes that happen every 50 to 100 years and wham bam thank you our current weather. We have been having a relatively minor winter but nothing out of the normal range here in New Brunswick Canada . But the allergies and sinus probs are wierd here too.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I Live in Lancaster Ca. (Southern California) We had 8 inches of snow two weeks ago. That has not happend in 20 years. But the point is that it HAS happened. The temperature hasnt gotten above 45 since then. Quite unusual but not abnormal. Has something to do with the weather pattern. We are in a pre 1950's pattern according to the meteorologists. It actually snowed this morning on my way to work. Did not stick but was fun to see. Like ive said before the earth does its own thing. No human being alive can predict it at all. Has nothing to do with global warming or anything. There is nothing more powerful than mother nature herself and for some strange reason theres some guy or girl sitting in a cubicle studying graphs etc. (and getting paid for it ) trying to guesstimate what the climate is going to be like in the future. Guess what you have no clue whats coming. Just like tomorrows forecast.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Environmentalist]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
During the last two weeks here in central Texas we have had snow on one day and been in shorts two days later. Pretty cold then unseasonably warm...

Haven't heard about a 10 degree shift in the Earth's axis though. Seems I would have noticed.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HERACAT

There is however a 1 second delay in this years "New Year" celebration. The last time they did this was 3 years ago. The earths rotation is slowing down ever so slightly. Can this play a role in the climate????

news.bbc.co.uk...

Apparently its 7 years according to that article. I read 3 in a local newspaper....

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Extreme weather changes going on here in Pittsburgh as well. From 1 Degree last week to 60 today.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaxium
Here is another question I am wondering about. Most everyone is experiencing excrutiatingly bad allergies with this bad weather change from one extreme to another where I am (North Texas).

Anyone else's area having higher than normal allergy related problems?

I have never had allergies like I have this season, I am now taking singulair which is actually an asthma medication because they have been so bad since about early december.

right now it is 73 here with the entire state under a tornado watch and severe thunderstorm warning. Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 30s...WTF?!?
But actually even with these extremes that is fairly typical for oklahoma

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gluetrap

Ya typical for the midwest, after the cold front passes the temperature drops like a rock. We dont experience that kinda thing here in southern california at all. Well not very often i should say.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Here in the NW we just have been through the worst winter storm in 40 years. Streets were unnavigable for a week. Even the tow trucks got stuck, and I beat the fire truck.

Piles of snow taller than me. Never, ever, seen it like this.

Sumpin' is up fer sure, and at this point it is beyond any penny-anny human manipulatin'...natural cycles or something we did got out of hand...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I would love to see 3-4 feet of snow down south. It would be funny to sit on the court house square and video all the people who don't know how to drive on snow and ice.

I'm thinking of all the fun that could be had in an empty parking lot sliding around in the car.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Here is something I have never seen before on RSOE It's called a Climate Change event Icon and you can see it in the upper left hand corner of the USA/Canada.

Also you will notice all the Icon across the USA, I have never seen this many at one time in the USA and the rest of the world.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
My observations:

My Hydrangeas budded and my neighbors Azaleas are blooming.

Then, freezing temps after which it went back to spring temps in a single day.

Some nights are warmer than during the daylight hours.

More fog than I have seen in some time.

The sky looks like snow, but, it is too warm.

Allergies, trouble with sinuses, headaches this past week have increased.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Siren]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

They have used the term before and I have been seeing it on occasion for the past year.

The other cluster of notations are for storms.

There are a few signs that we are in for some very cold winter yet to come. The squirrels and domestic animals have grown a thick winter coat and there are more acorns on the ground than I have seen in over 60 years.

I have more acorns and very large acorns than ever before. I did not know it was weather related. Today, I noticed the squirrel adding more leaves to his nest. Also, the air, atmosphere here is very still.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Siren]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
I would love to see 3-4 feet of snow down south. It would be funny to sit on the court house square and video all the people who don't know how to drive on snow and ice.

I'm thinking of all the fun that could be had in an empty parking lot sliding around in the car.

We had that here in the deep south back in March of '93; on friday it was warm, in the 60's, and a light rain; the next morning I had 3 foot of snow and it came a blizzard that nite; was wild for north west ga!

on another note, the allergies are really bad this year, and for the last 4 months me and my dad have been fighting a bacterial/viral infection, makes you feel like you have concrete in your lungs;

tetra-cycline and mucinex didn't do it, then bi-dex, then 2000mg a day amoxisillin for me and 3000 for dad helped along with Allegra-D, for about a week and it has come right back again;

what about it, guys and gals, anyone else having to fight with this crap????

seeker

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yeah, here in Southern AZ it was nice (70's) a couple days ago, and yesterday it was like 40-some degrees in the daytime, raining, and freezing at night. It's been schizophrenic weather this whole month. I never had allergy symptoms before but all this month I wake up with screwed up congestion!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siren

I have more acorns and very large acorns than ever before. I did not know it was weather related. Today, I noticed the squirrel adding more leaves to his nest. Also, the air, atmosphere here is very still.

Now you have me thinking here. We have very large brown squirrels in Michigan and I feed them year round, when it warms up in the winter they are out foraging around, but today I haven't seen one of them.

Heck sometimes they will even paw at the door if they can't find food in the snow or their hungry, today not even one out.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's 11:30 AM on December 27, and I am sweating like a pig. Normally the tempratures would be in the 40's to 50's, and I would be wearing sweats. I'm wearing shorts, we are under a severe weather watch(probaby be under a tornado watch or warning before the day is over). The high today is supposed to be 73. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 49 with a low of 33.
Everything, and everyone is confused. Brace yourselves folks, We are in for one heak of a winter, and probably, one heck of a year.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
last night here in oklahoma it was pouring down rain with hail and lightning, it woke me up in the middle of my sleep and I was like wtf!!! It was weird, it felt like spring all day long too!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl
reply to post by Realtruth

Down in the south is no better. I live in Alabama and the weather has been crazy too. One day it was down in the 30s then the next day it was almost 70 degrees outside. Something is not right.

I grew up there, and that kind of weather is actually pretty normal. It did that all the time when I was a kid.

I think the Tennessee valley has a reputation for how quickly the weather changes in that area. Always heard - don't like the weather, just wait an hour. Most of the storms and weather builds up in the midwest and dumps it right there etc.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Also you will notice all the Icon across the USA, I have never seen this many at one time in the USA and the rest of the world.

Well how long have you been looking at the maps? I mean, you could have been looking for 6 months and thats not saying much etc. I can remember some pretty crazy weather times in the past much worse than anything experienced lately.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Here in NW Arkansas it went from 27 on the 24th to 71 on the 26th all the way up to 11 am this morning. Strange warm night, I sweated on top of my covers. Along with the warmth came horrible nasal and sinus allergies for my neighbors and my family. Then today we had torrential rain and now they expect it to get back to below freezing tonight

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join