It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Hell is Going on with the Weather?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I miss the days when a weather forecast consisted of what might come your way during the next two or three days. Making sure we put snow tires on our vehicles for the winter months was our biggest worry, and if we had to go on an extended trip by car, a few extra blankets were brought along also. We always seemed to arrive at our destinations no matter what nature threw at us and if the weather was bad, it just added to any conversation regarding the trip. Unless of course you were a farmer, weather just didn't seem all that important and we simply accepted whatever came along. I now wonder how many fun visits with relatives living a few hours or a day's drive away would have been missed if television weather forecasts were presented back then with all the hype and dancing around in front of the cameras the way it is done today. In today's televised weather forecasts, one can see almost as much action in five minutes as can be seen in three periods of hockey.
Just a few thoughts on weather, and if anyone happens to run into Al Gore, please ask him to package some of his 'GlobalWarming' and send it up my way, since here in Northern Ontario it's now winter and just as darn cold as in winters past!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Just a hysterical perspective.

davidonline.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is old. The effects of Global Warming will cause the little ice age, like back in the 1800s.

It has to do with the salinity of the ocean when the ice melts, which will slow down the Alantic conveyor belt, thus, causing an extremely cold weather.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Well I live in Canada. We are currently experiencing a White Christmas right across the country for the first time in forty years. Airports are being shutdown on both coasts.

Very strange indeed.

Happy new year everyone.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
i live in toronto and the weather is particularily warm today

you can actually walk outside in a shirt and jeans and not be cold

and this only a few days after freezing blizzards swept through

this is very strange, unnatural (or maybe perfectly natural)

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
No strange weather here,

but it's getting kind of hotter and hotter like an oven here on Guam.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
There are more "allergies". There are burning eyes, and sore throats and constant stuffy noses, headaches and coughs and thick unrelenting mucus that lasts much longer than it should and that appears time and time again.

I know 4 people who have never had respiratory issues that have gotten inhalers this year. 3 of them rushed to the hospital. This is clearly not normal. Those who have these symptoms know that something is up.

There is a possibility that the planes in the sky that are causing false clouds that hide the sun SO much of the time (all over the planet) - might have something to do with the petri dish that this planet has become. Imagine what a lovely place this makes for for fungus and yeast and microorganisms to grow in. Add that with the excellent hosts our bodies are - especially the membranes in the sinus cavity and you have a recipe for a growing illness. A petri dish in our noses and lungs so to speak.

There is something up with the weather -
and it isn't necessarily mother nature.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by spinkyboo]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
If global warming is real it would lead to the opening of previously intemperate lands for agriculture. It would be a great relief to mankind's impending food crisis.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

yes i have ALWAYS hated "conditioned air" myself but with all the freeway construction going on around here not much choice.
South Texas-near houston

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
Al Gore is manipulating the weather to support his idea that global warming exists. It will get real cold for a long time soon.

[edit on 12/26/2008 by Bramble Iceshimmer]

On the contrary! It is Man-bear-pig that controls the weather! I'm super serial you guys...

Seriously though...what gives? This x-mas was warm and muggy in my neck of the woods. WWJD?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The weather might seem quite strange. There are certainly many variables to keep track of. But not even one lifetime of observation can possibly account for any irregularities in normal weather patterns. This thread can only possibly accomplish the propagation of the absurd notion that there has been an effective paradigm shift in global weather conditions.

The main point here is that it's not often that over 100 people come together to discuss anything really. It's like having a Congress sized panel on just about anything. If you talk long enough about some phenomenon, whether natural or man made, and if the subject tends to illicit but the basest of primitive fears, you are sure to come to some rather strange, unrealistic conclusions.

But if I must contribute...

I live in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. The area surrounding my city is unique in that it is one of two or three Mediterranean climates in the whole of the Americas. What's strange is that we received somewhere from 30-40 cm of snow. The average total snow fall for Victoria is approximately 7.8 cm. What's even stranger is that the mainland, around Vancouver, and even up in Whistler, prized for its perfect skiing conditions, received absolutely none, zero, nadda, nishta.

But if you all really intend to examine everything along the short run, you should start to get used to some very wild and strange things.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

i normally NEVER have allergies. I live in an altitude of about 6000ft in the rocky mountains USA, and the weather for our winter was very strange (no snow, warm weather in november) up until mid november when i remember distinctly one day that a pack of military jets flew overhead the valley here and left what seemed to be a chem trail.

Just in the past week we have gotten about 5 total feet of snow - things are in complete lockdown, water pipes freezing, cars dying etc.

AND - my allergies after those jets flew by went haywire... and i developed a type of influenza (this being very odd since i haven't been sick in over a year).

I've been trying to stay inside... preparing for the journey ahead w/ supplies

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
live in north ontario, from the beginning of dec. we had an average of 80 cm of snowfall a week, but from dec23 till now27 the temp. has increased, this morning there was thunder and lightning! rain most of the day very strange to c, but strange indeed to be hearing similar reports in the middle of the US!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by survival

those "chem trails" as you call them, are really contrails, which is condensed water vapor from the exhaust of the engines. its a very common thing. uncle sam is not out to cause your hay fever to go crazy, i promise

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Eh I live in the South. The weather has always been schizophrenic so it is difficult to know what is normal. It's 70f one day and 20f the next. The only thing is the pine trees are putting out that gunky yellow pollen which keeps me up at nights wheezing. That's ok though because I'm going to cut those down and maybe plant an Oak or something.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a few days ago it was 8C in sweden gothenburg, sunny and 8C , i mean in december it never got that hot, we used to have -20 C .... today its like -1 C ..we havnt had colder than -6 during this winter....but like i said, 8C a few days ago in december, thats crazy!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Here in texas about 3 weeks ago... it was 80 degrees at noon.. and that same night we had sleet and snow.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
A friend of mine over in Kentucky told me that the weather was up in the 70's yesterday and will probably be in the 60's today. Weird considering it was miserable a couple of days ago. In February it will get absolutely sh***y well...it should. In Jacksonville it is nice though. They have been having the usual weather. Here in Palermo its been cold with rain and even more rain. I know that in Milan its been snowing and will continue for the next week so besides Kentucky nothing seems out of place.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I wonder if these dang Chemtrails are one major reason for blame of our beatiful allergy and illness related with the weather? #1, Germany has already admitted that chemtrails do exist. Link Here

Another link here

Here is a thread dedicated to try and see a pattern of when chemtrail activity here in the US peaks Link Here

Here is another site dedicated to chemtrails along with supporting evidence they do exist here in the US.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Southeast Michigan USA.

Ok, last week it was around 2 degrees F, very cold and windy. Snow up to our knees, coldest month on record up till yesterday.

Now it's the 26th of December, raining 39 degree F, but that's not the issue tomorrow it's getting into the 60's.

And now we are going to break high temp records as well, so we break both high and lows for one month. One extreme to the other.

WTF! is going on? Anyone else getting crazy weather patterns.

I wonder how long you've lived in SE Michigan? Extreme weather changes and temperature swings are just what we call weather around here, I thought. I am sure I have heard an old saying about the weather here in Michigan, "if you don't like the weather today just wait until tomorrow."

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join