It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Hell is Going on with the Weather?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I have been in Michigan over 40 years I don't remember anything like this, the news 2 nights ago said that we had a record cold month breaking all low temps, then this afternoon we just broke a record high.

It's not normal.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
In the last week in IL here is what we've had -30 degree wind chill a week ago, 60 degrees today, a snow storm, an ice storm, rain, a fog storm last night. Its out of control weather, we have a tornado watch today.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here are some news article from around the USA.

Arkansas Record Temps

The National Weather Service's Little Rock forecast office said Friday that new record high temperatures were being set across the state, and to expect storms today.

It was a balmy 68.9 degrees as of 2:50 p.m. Friday, according to a thermometer at Conway's Cantrell Field.

Temperatures early last week in Faulkner County were in the 20s and there was an inch of ice on the ground. Also for the record, the day-after-Christmas high temperature for Conway was set in 1942 at an even balmier 72 degrees.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Record breaking weather patterns

We hit 83 degrees yesterday, breaking the temperature record here in Fort Worth. Overnight a cold front has blown in, chilling us down to a bit under 60, Saturday morning at 10. With heavy rain, at times.

The rain overwhelmed the gutters. Much of the rest of the country is covered by snow. The Puget Sound zone is in thaw mode now, with the avalanche danger extremely high. Elsewhere in the Pacific Northwest, specifically, Portland, had record breaking snow reaching almost 2 feet. Rain is more the norm for Portland in winter.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The weather has always done this. They're called "warm fronts" and "cold fronts." If normal temperatures are 20 degrees, fronts can easily bring 10-15 degree swings, meaning it could be 5 degrees F one week and 35 degrees F the next quite easily. The difference is, 10 years ago, there weren't thousands of people profiting off a hoax and blowing it down our throats that the climate is somehow static. It has ALWAYS been a variable climate and it always will be! How can people not understand that climates change?! Have we learned nothing from fossil records, or does the fact that it was much warmer during the time of the dinosaurs mean that somehow man influenced those temperatures, too?

In short, nothing is going on with the weather. It's doing the same things it has always been doing. People are just trying to notice something now that isn't there because we're being brainwashed to try and notice something that isn't there. The climate fluctuates. The last 10-20 years (ironically, it mirrors the lengths of solar cycles...hmmm...) were warmer than usual (and, ironically, higher than normal for sunspot activity...hmmm...). Amazingly, the next 10-20 years are projected to be cooler than normal (and, ironically, lower than normal for sunspot activity...hmm...). It'll all even out.

Relax. 30 years ago, there was a "global cooling" crisis (that was also, ironically, perpetuated by that nutbag NASA "scientist" Hansen). Somehow, we didn't all freeze to death. I promise, you won't melt this time around, either.

For all of you guys saying "it hasn't been like this in the past 50 years!," maybe you guys should realize that 50 years is absolutely nothing in the Earth's lifetime. It's like a thousandth of a second. It's less than the blink of an eye - it's imperceptible. Do you know why you haven't noticed temperatures doing this before? It's simple:

1.) You've only been alive to see 4-5 sunspot cycles, so if you lived through 3 "average" ones and one "above average" one followed by a "below average" one (which is happening as we speak), it'll seem like the temperatures are crazy when they are in fact not.

2.) You weren't paying attention before. You're just being brainwashed to pay attention now, so you're noticing things that you didn't before but were always there.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
i cant believe none of you are connecting the contrail evidence with the global climate change. it is a fact that the US military says they will own the weather by 2025(weather as a force multiplier) everyone can look up on a clear day and see the high altitude contrails. I would call them chemtrails which is what they are but then my post wouldn't make it to the thread.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
weather? Here in SE PA we just had a pretty moderate earthquake. I felt it last night and am about 45 miles away. Was a 3.4 quake, just North of Lancaster, PA. Stuff like this doesn't happen too often around here.

I think the warm spell is temporary as to the west of it, it looks cold again. Super-late "indian summer" for a day or two.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bonaire
weather? Here in SE PA we just had a pretty moderate earthquake. I felt it last night and am about 45 miles away. Was a 3.4 quake, just North of Lancaster, PA. Stuff like this doesn't happen too often around here.

I think the warm spell is temporary as to the west of it, it looks cold again. Super-late "indian summer" for a day or two.

Define "doesn't happen too often." If it's once in your lifetime, that means it happens millions of times over the Earth's lifetime. It may not be often to you because your lifetime is imperceptible on the Earth's scale. For the Earth, they're quite frequent.

Big picture, guys. Big picture.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

We are feeling it around Anniston, too.

Not so bad though, got some side work clearing brush and the weather is perfect for it.

Still, weird weather.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369
The weather has always done this. They're called "warm fronts" and "cold fronts." If normal temperatures are 20 degrees, fronts can easily bring 10-15 degree swings, meaning it could be 5 degrees F one week and 35 degrees F the next quite easily.

We are not talking 10-15 degree swings, we are talking 2 degrees to 60 degrees. The swing in temp here has happen in less than 6 days.

Last time I heard from the local news we broke all records here in Michigan.

What this thread is about is to see if others around the country are experiencing abnormal weather.

Anyone else getting crazy patterns and temps?

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

My allergies have been through the roof. I normally can deal with my allergies whenever they act up but the past few months have been unbearable. I had to go in and get an allergy test done and get put on meds. Now my head gets a little congested. North Carolina is no better. We are going from 20 degrees one day to 70 plus degrees a day later.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think we are all smart enough to know that there are warm fronts and there are cold fronts, I mean seriously...but in the 40 plus years that I haved lived in Ky I don't ever recall coming from 2 back to back ice storms and temps in the single digits to thunderstorms and 73 degrees in December. I have my windows open today! Not that I am complaining mind you but this is not normal!! A day here and there in the upper 40's would be normal for this time of year! Just my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369
The weather has always done this. They're called "warm fronts" and "cold fronts." If normal temperatures are 20 degrees, fronts can easily bring 10-15 degree swings, meaning it could be 5 degrees F one week and 35 degrees F the next quite easily.

We are not talking 10-15 degree swings, we are talking 2 degrees to 60 degrees. The swing in temp here has happen in less than 6 days.

Last time I heard from the local news we broke all records here in Michigan.

What this thread is about is to see if others around the country are experiencing abnormal weather.

Anyone else getting crazy patterns and temps?

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Realtruth]

So if 10-15 degrees are normal temperature swings, why are 20-30 degree swings not? They're obviously a rarer front, which is why you don't recall them happening as often. Breaking records ARE NOT IMPRESSIVE! They've only been standing for what, 150 years tops? The Earth is 4.5 BILLION YEARS OLD! What is 150 years of temperature records? It's meaningless.

I'm from New Jersey. I remember one year while I was in grade school, making it 10-15 years ago, it was over 80 degrees one January day. I'll never forget that day. It's typically 30 degrees at that time of year. It was January and kids were playing basketball after school shirtless in shorts. That day was such a rarity, it stuck out in my mind. BUT IT HAPPENED. And this was well before anyone ever heard the phrase "global warming."

These types of fluctuations are perfectly normal. Rarities on a human timescale are commonalities on the Earth's timescale. Remember that.

Big picture, guys. 60 degree days in winter are commonplace anywhere in the USA. It's happened millions of times and it'll happen millions of times more, only to intensify as the SUN grows in brightness and temperature as it ages. Plus, as the Earth's rotation slows and the magnetic field slowly diminishes, it'll become all the more common for hotter days. We have everything NATURAL encouraging gradually warmer temperatures over the Earth's lifespan in the grand scheme of things.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Personally I think, the huge hole in our magnetic shield over the north pole, 4 times, larger than earth may have something to do with it. And in my opinion, its something our elite planned, along with their HAARP, just to hurry up and kill as many of us as possible but make it look like an act of nature. It doesn't have anything to do with the rumours in November of 9 nukes being exploded underwater, where the earth buldges with the core slightly off balance, where the true north is leaving Canadian waters. No, no way is this cause and effect!

[edit on 27-12-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I grew up in fenton mich. Up until '76 , we used to have to shovel the snow off lake fenton to play hocky. I remember snow flurries in june of '72. The point is that I don't think the weather is all that unusual . just a little extra snow this year. Now after living in Bucks co. PA. since 1984 , the weather is always nornally abnormal . Last week -13 wind chill going to work in the morning . This weekend is nearing 65deg. Any one want to buy a new snowblower ? 3 yrs. old still in the box . We had an earthquake last nite ? That never made the news .

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

its caused by Haarp, The HAARP Ionospheric Research facility
it can change wether ,make eartquakes and tsunamis

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I guess part of Global warming is a drastic climate change

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Not only did we go from windchills in the -20's to 68degrees yesterday, we had storms come through that put us under a tornado watch.

I am not complaining one bit. I was so sick of the cold temps 60's were wonderfull.

Honestly though, this is nothing new. Last year we all said the same thing, but it was a week later than it is this year. We had storms come through on New Years. This time of year, every year you can find a thread about this. I think the only difference is that the changes are happening faster. But that could very well be because I am getting older and am paying attention to things like the weather.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
i think it has to do with with the poles getting ready to shift and the electromagnetic waves that surround the earth. i live in western north carolina and we've had flip flop temperatures for a couple of years it seems. i remember working outside in the middle of january in a t-shirt a few times last year. another thing that makes me think that is the fact that birds aren't migrating like they used to. i can remember when there were no birds to anywere and now it seems like they never leave. What leads them in the right direction of their flight? The electromagnetic field created by the poles.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Well, in Oklahoma, weather like you're having is fairly normal in the winter, but this Monday, the temperature was 8 degrees. The next day, around 40, Wednesday, around 35, Christmas day was in the 40's, and the 26th it was 80 degrees! Today it's back to 39.

Yes, rather strange. Sunny, cloudy, and rain for about ten seconds at what many would call weird intervals make it relatively odd weather for this part of the US.

There have also been more than the usual amount of chemtrails (or contrails, whatever. The atmosphere isn't uniform.) this past week, so it could have something to do with ol' HAARP. Global warming could be affecting it as well, but at least human activity isn't causing it. Never has.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well Im in Southern California and it is....... wait for it........ SUNNY! Aren't you jealous.

Actually, it is has been unusually cold here the past couple days. But cold here is a warm day in other places. About 58. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join