It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of a Model that won a contest

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jo Jo
Looks pretty good to me. I kind of got chills watching it because I have seen a triangular UFO back when I was in high school. Brought back some old memories and a craft like this is pretty much what I saw besides the lazer, center blue, and "tail" lights. The beam looks exactly what a lazer beam looks like, which is very hard to CGI without looking too fake. I hope we get more video soon, and maybe some in depth analysis!

I got news for you. Any video done using CGI when shrinked to a postage stamp sized video with compression arthefacts all over the place butchering the original video would look 'real'.

So this is EXACTLY what you saw by the size of the video?

The Star Wars original rendered CGI clips had to go through various noise and arthefacting filters to make it look 'real'.

In Maya alone the camera properties that can be tweaked and rendering nodes properties numbers to the hundreds. The ability to fake this kindof thing is hohum to the users of 3d animation rendering package.

So all that was done in films (the majority done in MAya) were real then? Were not CGI and are real?

And we are talking a out a video the size of a postage stamp with pixels butchered all over the place by compression with nothing more than lens flare and a black background?

Riiight.....

[edit on 8-10-2008 by AntisepticSkeptic]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I was generalizing. Don't want to offend , but you have to admit it gets fustrating.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Its THE TR3b look it up weve had it for ages nothing new

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37Yes it could be fake but its good none the less.

Huh? So you don't care if the uploader is snickering behind his computer saying "hehehehe those gullible fools they would believe anything a postage stamp sized video tells them"

Originally posted by tarifa37

And if it is real it could well be the best footage in the world.Unless you have some better footage of a ufo that shoots red lasers at the ground and has funky blue lights on it.

Jeebus. Did UFOlogists measuring stick just shrunk to a nanometer in an instant or was it always like this? The best footage?

Whatt? A youtube video - god knows how many generations - the size of a postage stamp highly compressed, with data compression arthefacts butchering the virginity of pixels to the nth degree of 'who-knows-what'
and you are saying it's the best?

DEAR GOD MAN the video doesn't even fill the entire frame of the already miniscule youtube video. And you're calling it the best?

Are ufology so desperate to believe anything that they are willing to throw a away their common sense?
And don't say unless you have this or that - It exist or it doesn't. It's fake or its's real. That's is all. No excuses, no flim flam flimsy counter argument.

And this is fake. Microbounces people, microbounces. If you can't figure that one out forget of ever being a serious ufo investigator. Join cult Greer or something.

And if anyone belive the 'found this camera/cameraphone during hiking crap say goodbye to your intelligence.

Oh and stop using the emoticon after every post. It's giving you less and less credibility.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
im leaning towards real for now.

i could go on and on in circles about how it could be cgi, but im part of the 90% (not sure if thats accurate) of people that dont know the first thing about creating cgi ufo's.

if ive been fooled by the creator of this video, then so be it, one fake video cant dismiss the pheonix lights or the dorothy izatt phenomenon, or the bentwaters case etc.

let them get their giggles if thats what floats their boat (or ufo in this case)

one thing that can be said weather its cgi or real, is that it truely is a work of art!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I am no ufologist and that might be a ufo, BUT, it does appear to be a toy of some kind.

And please, don't hate, all jokes aside... If we are to investigate and discuss videos like this, let's keep it in a 1-2 page discussion and end it there? Who knows, one of us might even discover one ourselves out the friggin window when not adding and contributing to this fake flem of a sighting and background story. Holy moly, I thought this was all about denying ignorance, not applauding and contributing to it. But then again, who am I to judge? For all we know, I could be a fake...

Joe

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Here we go again. Time to freak out over a lighted object against a black background with no reference points whatsoever.

At the same time highly compressed, shrunk, and put up on YOUTUBE?

Seriously does anyone believe that an object from another galaxy is going to have flashing red and blue lights. LOL.

This is man made.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by rocksarerocks]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Am I the only one who noticed that there are way too much fake videos claiming to be so and so 'real' reported event with real people giving statements than real real footage?

First you have that fake UFO on the moon supposedly taken by Nasa astonauts, then the British cylindrical UFO footage seen by a pilot, then the Fake UFO of the alleged O'Hare sighting, then the fake idiotic Stepehnville video where someguys are waving a camera at Venus and now this?

Apparently the creators of these videos WANT it all to be real but by doing fakes or 'works of (crap)art' and claiming them to be real don't realize by doing so throws a wrench at the same thing that they want to believe in or apart of and bunched up together as one of those 'tin foils'?

With this kind of crapolas the Government doesn't even have to emply agents of disinfo. Hell they just need believers to discredit themselves!

Marvellous!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

It doesn't matter if it's a spaceship from other planet or a black ops project. What makes it stand out is the fact that some of us HAVE WITNESSED these crafts and go, yep this is what they actually look like and how they move.
If this is an hoax, it is a very, very well done.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm more interested to know if this is indeed the Ireland footage. It matches perfectly with what was descripted at any rate (light on the points, a red laser shooting downwards). If this isn't it, this imo is a fake created to throw the true footage into a bad light. Or.... it's making its rounds, and someone else shot footage of it.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

I respect that some people have seen things that are similar to this, in appearance and movement. I just can't get how 20+ people can't agree that this particular case is obviously a fake just by addressing the suspicious points in this movie. No reference points in the picture, whatsoever. We can't even tell if it is shot horizontal or vertical. The craft moves, but in reference to what? The laser is really really bad. I would suggest the aliens step up in gear if they want to dress to impress. (soorry).
I really doubt the laser shot to the ground can be used efficiently? For what, measuring the ground temperature?

Joe

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr.ok

You wouldn't be able to see any stars or trees on account of the "smoke".

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Has anyone tried contacting the guy that posted the footage? Maybe he can post a better quality version of it, or elucidate on his story, or something. The fact is it will help decide whether this is legitimate footage or not.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I just sent him a message. I gave him the link to this thread.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This isn't irish...the vid information says it was on a camera this guy found while hiking in the smokey mountains...that's in the US.

notice it says he found the camera, meaning he's not the one who shot it...which begs the question...where in the hell's the camera's owner?

That said, i've seen this craft myself....LONG time ago, 10 or more years back, i saw this thing. This is an insane video....If this is a fake, then it is a REALLY good one

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeSignal

I really doubt the laser shot to the ground can be used efficiently? For what, measuring the ground temperature?

How far back is my post.. or did I mention laser communication for
navigation purposes.

Like the ship is radiating sparks all over the place.
TV and radio interference precludes operation in a big city in which
your TV will go bonkers in a fly by... about 12:30 in my area.

Laser comm is need cause it can't use radio comm.
Its a man made craft, it uses everything we use.

ED: It still looks like a model... and easy to just shoot off a laser to
make it look official to the "laser comm people", he he.

ED+: Next stop.. get my atlas and look at Ireland.

[edit on 10/8/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 10/8/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

The OP posted this video because it greatly RESEMBLES the description of the Ireland sighting. This maybe a fake of the Ireland footage, a video that coincidentally looks like the description given (the youtube poster actually found this camera), or the actual footage of the Ireland sighting which the youtube poster somehow got and is trying to pass it off as footage he "found".

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by simon_alex0327

This is a video was on a cheap camera I found when Hiking in the Smokey Mountains.

I have a couple of questions with this video...
Since when were the Smokey Mountains in Ireland?
and
Does anyone know of a cheap camera phone that has zoom, as this footage clearly uses zoom and as stated in the article HERE they took the footage on a cell phone?

Just my initial thoughts from watching the video.

You forgot to ask: "Since when do we capitalize verbs?"

Secondly, the Smokey Mountains in Ireland duh, they must be there, I mean look, there's a Youtube video that was filmed there.

Duh.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Do people actually read through these threads ?

I think it's clear that it isn't the Irish video, based on what people have pointed out thus far, why are people still assuming it is ?.
The owner of this video we're all awaiting wouldn't upload his footage onto youtube with a different story. That would be moronic.

This video is amateur at its best, there's nothing in the background indicating that's it is airborne. For all we know, it is duck taped to a ceiling.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It's a alright video, but like some others have said, it's hard to say if it's real or not when it's night and we have no trees or anything to help guide us on how big it is etc.

I remember once I was looking at one of my videos I had on my camera phone, and one video had something that looked like a ufo in a night sky!? I was like, huh? when did I record this? I later found out that it was actually my kitchen in the dark, and the ufo was the led light on my fridge lol.

So if this video is fake, that's how they would do it.

Fake or not, I can't tell, but it's definetly not CG.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join