It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shuttle de-orbit burn will malfunction

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
i had this friend back in high school who was bi-polar and occasionally would have psychotic episodes in which he described speaking with aliens who would take him to the future and show him extraordinary events. he told me a number of times in incredible detail how there would be a nuclear war in 1986. this thread reminds of him...

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The account from the new member becomes more "detailed". Well worth the active listening. "Also about 9 mos- a year ago I was in a class for ET space suit training." Love it. More! Reminds one a bit of the "Werstoopid" thread.

Vic

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cromagnum
Hello Doberman.

I do have a question though. What makes you think that what you were shown was this shuttle flight? Could it have been possibly a future flight? I have found that my experiences have actually taken place from 2 days later to a month later. I only ask because you place a No Out clause and I definately see a lot of folks here are going to cry hoax and berate you if this event doesn't happen. It's not that I don't believe your story. I just want all the folks to consider this as a possible scenario.

Cromagnum, very good post. Right after it happened when I was verifying my information about the de-orbit burn I said to myself it would have been nice if they would have told me which shuttle it was because I did not know that it was Atlantis in orbit (I could have verified that too). I asked them many times "You could've at least shown me the name of the Shuttle on the side of it". I received no answer from them. I also could have had them give me the lotto winner number blah, blah, blah.They know what I am doing and if it is wrong I have no doubt they would tell me. The information about the shuttle using the engines in the rear to slow down was news to me. He (ET) told me (telepathically). I even hate to use the word telepathically because people will believe less but that is the truth.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
[
what else did you see, the vision just stopped there?
they didnt show you what happened afterwards...?

He showed me the leak twice, then we went over shuttle orientation, then once everything was done poof! It was like coming out of a pool of ice water but not being cold and being under for a long time holding your breath. And being given a shot of adrenaline with one thought in mind-"Go to your PC and verify the information NOW"!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It seems as if people are being obtuse on purpose. Ofcourse it isn't required that you believe the person that started this thread. What IS required is being polite and courteous. Regardless of how you feel about what he says. It is extremely easy to disagree without being rude.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Doberman

My question, (asked seriously) is why show you this and not something that you may have some effect on? Does your friend predict that you can do something about this, or is this an event that may affect many people?
Interesting post, thanks.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by starskipper

My question, (asked seriously) is why show you this and not something that you may have some effect on? Does your friend predict that you can do something about this, or is this an event that may affect many people?

I was in the USAF for 20 years and have worked on the SR-71, U-2, TR-1, HH-3, F-4, C-141, KC-135, C-5, C-130 and a few more so I know what a leak looks like. Not sure of in 0 G though. From what I saw looked like boiling white/gray smoke.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If this doesn't happen, I think OP should be banned with a public warning to all to "you will get banned if you make false predictions like this guy did".

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doberman

Originally posted by starskipper

I was in the USAF for 20 years and have worked on the SR-71, U-2, TR-1, HH-3, F-4, C-141, KC-135, C-5, C-130 and a few more so I know what a leak looks like. Not sure of in 0 G though. From what I saw looked like boiling white/gray smoke.

Ok at this point I think requesting verification of these claims is in order. I'd like to see you credentials sir. Or this becomes another hoax attempt and you will be banned.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
Why is it that every time someone comes to this website, you know a conspiracy website trying to relate an experience to people that is outside the norm of common occurance they are met with sarcastic, snide, rude, and unnecessary comments like yours? Do you not read the T&C? Debate the issues and not ridicule the poster?

I'm not trying to drag out the issue or annoy the mods, but I feel that I am entitled to provide a brief explanation in my own defence.

I in no way attacked the OP, I made a pertinent comment about a ongoing issue here at ATS. And its a valid point. Plus, my comment was directed at the issue in general and not towards the poster specifically.

And regardless, part of ATS involves the members investigating extraordinary claims, especially those of really new members who, if they're disingenuous, may often try to post fiction and not real events. Its part of the process of examination. Without any sort of critical thinking and investigation, every Tom, Dick, & Harry could feel free to flood this board with contrived stories in an effort to feed their adolescent power fantasies or what have you.

Thank you for your post.

Now back to the original topic-

For the OP, I have a genuine question, one that I hope will further the discussion:

If there is no malfunction, what then? Where does that leave you in all of this and what do you think your explanation would be? Dream? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this prior to the actual event.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by Reality Hurts]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
OK, So now the OP worked for years on classsified stuff... U2? Uh, how many yearin' ago? Go Doberman! Go! LOL. Throttle up. Best thread in days. Uses the internet to check and verify ET's who 9 months - a year ago were training the OP in "ET suits"? Long sleeve wrap around...

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have some comments and questions.

First of all, what this sounds like is a purge. Shadowhawk, you seem to be in a position where you might be able to answer this. It was said in a previous post that the shuttle dumps approximately half the fuel after a successful burn anyway, is it possible that this would happen sooner? Or does it have to be "turned on" by somebody.

Second, is this going to leak out into, or out of the shuttle? If it stays in the shuttle, how much risk is there that the re-entry would ignite it?

If by chance this fuel dump is too much to de-orbit, and the shuttle were to skip off of the atmosphere, it won't have enough fuel to recover and at least stay in orbit, right? In other words, there's no chance of another launch for a rescue mission?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I was in the USAF for 20 years and have worked on the SR-71, U-2, TR-1, HH-3, F-4, C-141, KC-135, C-5, C-130 and a few more ......

And you had no clue the shuttle needs to swap ends before an engine burn would slow it down?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

I was in the USAF for 20 years and have worked on the SR-71, U-2, TR-1, HH-3, F-4, C-141, KC-135, C-5, C-130 and a few more ......

And you had no clue the shuttle needs to swap ends before an engine burn would slow it down?

And you think there's some connection there? Why does him having aircraftg maintenance experience require him to know on-orbit shuttle maneuvers?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Doberman,

Your thread truly got my attention but the more I read your replies, the more I question the whole event. Please try to understand my line of questioning here.

First, you state that this happened to the shuttle. I asked you earlier how you knew it was the one currently in orbit when instead I should have asked, " How do you know what you were viewing was even the shuttle?" What made you aware of this? Can you explain?

Right after it happened when I was verifying my information about the de-orbit burn I said to myself it would have been nice if they would have told me which shuttle it was because I did not know that it was Atlantis in orbit (I could have verified that too). I asked them many times "You could've at least shown me the name of the Shuttle on the side of it". I received no answer from them. I also could have had them give me the lotto winner number blah, blah, blah.They know what I am doing and if it is wrong I have no doubt they would tell me. The information about the shuttle using the engines in the rear to slow down was news to me. He (ET) told me (telepathically). I even hate to use the word telepathically because people will believe less but that is the truth.

Second, can you descibe how you verified your information?

Third, did you know that the name of the shuttles isn't on the side of it but in fact is on the top side of the wing?

And last, you state that you know that you are right about all of this because they would have informed you, and to prove it you make the comment about them correcting you on the rear burners, hence you guess it is the shuttle and that in fact it is Atlantis. Now isn't that a big assumption? Now, my guess is that since you didn't know that the shuttle swaps ends for re-entry, you probably aren't familiar with what one looks like inside. So, could you please elaborate on these points please?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

How did he perform his job with so little mechanical insite? On highly advanced platforms to boot? That's like saying a 20 year Indy car mechanic doesn't know you gotta' push the clutch. How could he have grasped the concept of torque? Or thrust? How 'bout that ol' gem...."equal and opposite reaction"....?

Work on jet aircraft for 20 years and it's news to him?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Thanks for answering me. If you’re having visions (from any source) I’m kind of sad for the way you were treated in this thread. Best of luck.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
wow is this your first experience with the Ets or has it happened before. Oh and do you remember how you came to see the event, was it your guys in a ship going through a portal or did you just materialize there or anything.

i think you have done all you can, what is left is to wait for Nasa to respond, and just keep up with the latest on the shuttles in space if you can.

if you have anymore detail on how the ship looked, how the beings acted, and anything else that would be great....thanks for telling your story

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
If this doesn't happen, I think OP should be banned with a public warning to all to "you will get banned if you make false predictions like this guy did".

WTF, people are entitled to share your opinions/vision. Who made you the freaking saint to judge others!?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cromagnum

Third, did you know that the name of the shuttles isn't on the side of it but in fact is on the top side of the wing?

Cromagnum, do not state or counter someones statement unless you yourself know what you are talking about.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by robertfenix]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join