It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shuttle de-orbit burn will malfunction

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by amigo
I wonder why is that every time someone shows up and shares an unusual experience with us, some people come out of the wood work and start demanding "proof" such as pictures, items, etc.?
Actually it has become a standard practice on these forums to belittle personal experiences in favour of lack of "solid" evidence, for those who only believe things they can see or touch (the materialists from the Western World).

[edit on 13-2-2008 by amigo]

With the unprecedented increase in mobile phones (with cameras) and communication (internet) there should be a huge increase in the amount of evidence. Some of which should be ever clearer and unambiguous. We should also have to rely on "personal experience" alone, as evidence, far less.

This is just not happening. I personally believe that there is life "out there". I also believe that the authorities lie to us constantly. However, due to the huge number of deluded individuals in the world it is nigh on impossible to filter out genuine "contact".

So if somebody posts here "I spoke to ET", how do you tell the difference between somebody in need of a doctor and the genuine article? Physical evidence at the very least?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I give the OP an applaud and a bravo for coming forward knowing that members here were going to act in the manner they do when dealing with a prediction coming from an ET.

The OP is sharing with us something that he feels is important and is even willing to write to NASA with this. If nothing happens it will be him that suffers the abuse of members here that will have to get there digs in. It has always been if you a right you reap the benefits and are loved by all but if you are wrong they will have no problem burying you alive, sad very sad.

Wednesday is coming quickly so now you only have two days left to wait and see.

I have a question for I know nothing about the Shuttle. My question is this:

What would happen if they dump half there fuel then this occurrance happens and the rest of the remaining half fuel is lost by what the ET's showed. With no fuel what would become of the shuttle?

[edit on 18-2-2008 by observe50]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

The last time I had a dream about the space shuttle was in 2003. Actually, the night before the shuttle was to return. I had no clue it was returning at that time. Here is my comment on one of Steve-O's threads I made last year about my dream back in 2003...

In early 2003, the night before we lost Columbia over the U.S., I had a dream of a space shuttle exploding over the town I live in as it was on approach, landing at our little airport. The shuttle was a little different looking but in my dream I knew it was the shuttle. The next day was a shock.

I've had a number of dreams that have come true. Mostly small insignificant ones. Of course, the shuttle dream was pretty much an eye opener. It doesn't really matter if you believe me or not. What matters, is I hope I'm wrong about the dream I had 2 night ago. I dreamed that a space shuttle was going to crash again. This dream had the whole section of the shuttle from just above the wings to the cockpit laying against some type of building by a railroad tracks. Nose up in the air. I've only had 2 shuttle dreams that I can remember and one didn't turn out so well.

I just found out the shuttle is due to arrive this Wednesday, is it? I pray that my dream isn't like the first one I had 5 years ago. The first was the night before, this one came 4 days before it's scheduled return. I guess the only reason I wanted to post this dream, is because what if it comes true? If it doesn't, I'll thank God and know it WAS just a dream. I'll also thank that it didn't turn out like the first dream.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
You know that's cool and all that you got to hang out with the ET and he shared with you the future.

But what's bugging me is why would he show you something so specific?
And also what is the outcome of this leak?
Is he trying to say that the shuttle isn't coming back?
What's the final outcome?
I'd like to know.

My guess is that another shuttle failure could stunt the ability of the public space programs to progress further and cause them to be canned... they may want us in space??? Who knows.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Fuel dump doesn't happen until after the nominal de-orbit burn at 8:03AM EST Wednesday morning.

But we do have a problem... all the heaters in the L5 RCS thruster set are going down... one after another... there will be cautions and warnings this hour... they are out of comm link for a bit... NASA-TV.

Vic

Here's a description of the systems involved NASA STS RCS Select. Cycling some systems... NASA-TV.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Thanks V, I didn't know timing of dumping of the fuel. At least my thoughts are not plausible, thanks be.

There is to much going on with activity right now and the ships come to observe disasters so I have another question for you. There has been a lot of activity in Florida and Texas is the shuttle taking this path for landing.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Yes, if all goes to plan... touchdown on KSC 33 depending on local weather... that'll firm up in the next 12 hours. Looks good... if Winters is working the weather bet on KSC by the numbers. The other possibilities are Edwards orbit 202, 204. KSC 203 9:06AM Wed. It could all change. Crew's asleep... the RCS heaters are a concern. Discovery and Endeavour both have had L5 trouble... but not on orbit that I can recall. There are contingencies and redundant backups...

There was an anomaly on launch I thought I witnessed that could be related but only in a peripheral way. STS-122 is station-keeping at about 46 miles from ISS South of Africa and can return to ISS or de-orbit in an emergency.

Vic

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I usually don't have trouble with NASA TV but I can't seem to get it no matter what I try. Can you or anyone post a link so I can try that.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Sure, here's a link to NASA-TV's public channel on the web it should open in Windows Mediaplayer. NASA-TV

The ground tracks for the various landing scenarios this mission should be available at nasa.gov... things could get a bit busy when the crew wakes.

I'd not expect any news until the crew wakes in the middle of the night Eastern time. There has been no public via Ku video from Atlantis in hours... just ISS.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
i wonder now, what the OP is hopping to happen.

a firery crash, or a safe landing.

what outcome are you hoping for.

one that guarantees to label you a "another online kook"
or the apraisal of the nay-sayers and certain scrutiny from the government

either way you're possible SOL

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Update, landing tracks and specific times are on NASA-TV. New prefered de-orbit on 202 approaching KSC from the South over the Caribbean... 203 KSC, 204, 205 Edwards. Landing times have been revised which is a bit funny. The vernier thruster freeze hassle was mentioned. It "should" be of no real consequence. "Should".

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
FCS checkout complete. RCS hotfire coming up with all "vern" (vernier) settings to "alt" (first time I've ever heard that one)... the shuttle has been adjusted to keep the L5 area in the Sun's warmth (which doesn't exactly make sense). The 4 aft 28 pound thrusters have been disabled.

The de-orbit burn will be 230 seconds when it happens in about 26 hours (nominal) and with slow STS-122 by 290FPS to begin the descent process...

Kennedy weather is nominal for tomorrow.

Vic

[edit on 19-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
OP: Certain it was a shuttle? Not a spy satellite?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
well its getting closer to that moment of truth!
A bit of strange experience on the same subject.
Ive had so many dreams in my lifetime that have come true with the heaviest de ja vu upon occurrence, BUT, at the same time, any time I had relayed a prophetic dream to anyone, it never came true, but when i let it sit in my head, it happens. this has lead me to some profound realizations about the effect of time on the mind and ego.
Im sure there are different properties to such a phenomena, since your vision was alien induced, maybe you can relay the message without jinxing it.
either way, time will tell.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
They are about to do the deorbit burn. Anyone know how long the burn lasts?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
2:44 seconds @ 6000Lbs. Burn in 11 minutes and change, Little prayer for the the 122 crew

Vic

[edit on 20-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
De-orbit burn in progress on 2 good motors and 2 good APU's ... situation nominal.

EDIT: Burn successful and complete... Atlantis is 5x5 and on course.

Vic

[edit on 20-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Anyone have a link that shows all the airplanes in the air live? I would like to see how the shuttle affects that.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Doberman

"T" Minus 22 minutes

I'm watching it live.

Becker

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
www.justin.tv...

there is a live video broadcast, it made it and safely. I am thankful nothing happened.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join