It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This war will be eternal

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
but I would like to see direct words from the Gospel that would confirm your words.

Jesus appointed Peter the first head of His church on Earth and gave Peter full authority that was ratified in Heaven.

Matthew 16:18-19 ... And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Peter established apostolic succession in Acts Chapter One - Matthias being chosen to replace Judas as the twelfth apostle. Acts 1:23 and Acts 1:26. And since Peter was given full authority over Jesus Church by Jesus in Matthew 16, Heaven ratified the apostolic succession.

There is an unbroken chain of Popes heading the Catholic church from Peter until present. I already gave the list but here it is again. List of Popes

Letters of St. Ignatius of Antioch (where Peter established the church) are in the Vatican museum that date to 107AD and call the Catholic church CATHOLIC in the letters. They are on display. So the name of Christ's church being 'Catholic' was in use at least at that time, if not earlier When was the church first called Catholic

Catholic.com

In one of his letters (to Christians in Smyrna), he wrote, “Where there is Christ Jesus, there is the Catholic Church.” This is the earliest known written record of the term “Catholic Church” (written around A.D. 107), but Ignatius seemingly used it with the presumption that the Christians of his day were quite familiar with it. In other words, even though his is the earliest known written record of the term, the term likely had been in use for quite some time by then, dating back to the time of the apostles

YOU are part of a schism from the original church that Christ established ... the Catholic church.

Timeline of the Catholic Church

Over time, schisms have disrupted the unity of Christianity. The Catholic Church considers that major divisions occurred in c. 144 with Marcionism,[2] 318 with Arianism, 451 with the Oriental Orthodox, 1054 to 1449 (see East–West Schism) during which time the Orthodox Churches of the East parted ways with the Western Church over doctrinal issues (see the filioque) and papal primacy, and in 1517 with the Protestant Reformation, of which there were many divisions, resulting in over 200 denominations.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

Let's not let Comintern propagandists (or casual interlopers like RussianTroll) distract us by claiming their war is about religion.

Very true, trying to infer a land grab and mass murder of a democratic free country is some how being done on Gods behalf, is just another attempt at propaganda and to muddy the waters concerning the facts.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Not to mention flying in the face of the actual tenets of Christian values.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   
can I just say, that the title of this thread just screams Warhammer 40K at me?

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war.
In the 41st Millennium, warring factions from ancient civilisations and upstart empires fight endless battles across innumerable worlds. Humanity stands alone, beset on all sides by the heretic, the mutant, and the alien. There is no mercy. There is no respite. Prepare yourself for battle.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
2 Abraham begot Isaac; Isaac begot Jacob; Jacob begot Judah and his brothers;
3 Judah begot Perez and Zerah by Tamar; Perez begot Hezron; Hezron begot Aram;
4 Aram begot Abinadab; Abinadab begot Nahshon; Nahshon begot Salmon;
5 Salmon begot Boaz by Rahab; Boaz begot Obed by Ruth; Obed begot Jesse;
6 Jesse begot David the king; David the king begot Solomon by her who had been the wife of Uriah;
7 Solomon begot Rehoboam; Rehoboam begot Abijah; Abijah begot Asa;
8 Asa begot Jehoshaphat; Jehoshaphat begot Joram; Joram begot Uzziah;
9 Uzziah begat Jotham; Jotham begat Ahaz; Ahaz begat Hezekiah;
10 Hezekiah begat Manasseh; Manasseh begat Amon; Amon begat Josiah;
11 Josiah begat Jehoiakim; Jehoiakim begat Jeconiah and his brothers, before the captivity to Babylon.
12 And after the captivity to Babylon, Jeconiah begat Shealtiel; Shealtiel begat Zerubbabel;
13 Zerubbabel begat Abiud; Abiud begat Eliakim; Eliakim begat Azor;
14 Azor begat Zadok; Zadok begat Achim; Achim begat Eliud;
15 Eliud begat Eleazar; Eleazar begat Matthan; Matthan begat Jacob;
16 And Jacob begot Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away to Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away to Babylon until Christ are fourteen generations.

18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was thus: When his mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.
19 But Joseph her husband, being a righteous man, and not willing to make her a public character, was willing to put her away secretly.
20 But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary your wife; for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this took place that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying,
23 Behold, the virgin shall conceive, and bear a son: and they shall call his name Emmanuel: which being interpreted, God with us.

24 And Joseph arose from sleep, and did as the angel of the Lord commanded him, and took unto him his wife,
25 And knew her not. Until at length she brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

Matthew 1:1-25

That is, this is the genealogy of the husband of the Virgin Mary, who received the son of God from the immaculate conception. Thus, you deny the immaculate conception of the Virgin Mary, accepting the Jewish interpretation. Where is Christianity in this?

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

How can Troll ask for a scripture when this has already been posted

There seems to be a fight going on as to who exactly is the single arbiter of truth and morality.

I have no problem seeing Judaism and Christianity as separate religions. The question is how free are people to believe what they accept as true when it comes to metaphysical matters (soul, afterlife, good or bad outcomes of life, salvation from death or sin)?

Evidently Zelenskyy is the first Jewish president of Ukraine. Perhaps Ukraine has a more Western idea of freedom than Putin does.

This thread is set up as a religious discussion after all. Maybe look into how free Jews are in Russia.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
can I just say, that the title of this thread just screams Warhammer 40K at me?

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war.
In the 41st Millennium, warring factions from ancient civilisations and upstart empires fight endless battles across innumerable worlds. Humanity stands alone, beset on all sides by the heretic, the mutant, and the alien. There is no mercy. There is no respite. Prepare yourself for battle.

Thats probarbly a similar spin the Kremlin is trying put on the small 'special operation' that has now turned into a near 3 year war because of the dreadful strategies and poor quality troops.

edit on 22-9-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

True.

But I thought Christians didn't believe that our existence in this World will be "eternal", what with Armageddon and Judgement Day and all that stuff?

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Deleted the post because Solvedit was correct.

RT is trying to use God to justify the evil actions of Putin and his mass murder of civilians and Invasion of Ukraine. No person can stoop lower that trying to use religion as a means of commiting evil.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   
JESUS HAD TO BE JEWISH
TO FULFILL THE MESSIANIC PROPHECIES

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them” (Matthew 5:17).

"For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah" (Hebrews 7:14).

Revelation 5:5, one of the twenty-four elders calls Jesus "the Lion of the tribe of Judah." Long before His birth, it was prophesied that Shiloh—the Messiah, the Prince of Peace—would come from the tribe of Judah (Genesis 49:10).

Messianic prophecies - Messiah Would Be a Descendant of David

God Declared - “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, and he shall reign as king and deal wisely, and shall execute justice and righteousness in the land. In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely. And this is the name by which he will be called: ‘The Lord is our righteousness’” (Jeremiah 23:5–6).

Reference: 2 Samuel 7:12–16; Isaiah 11:1; Jeremiah 23:5–6;
Fulfillment: Matthew 1:1; Luke 1:32–33; Acts 15:15–16; Hebrews 1:5

The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. (Matthew 1:1) He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end. (Luke 1:32–33)

When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” (Mark 10:47)

With this the words of the prophets agree, just as it is written, “After this I will return, and I will rebuild the tent of David that has fallen; I will rebuild its ruins, and I will restore it.” (Acts 15:15–16)

OLD TESTAMENT Messianic Prophecies that Jesus Had to Fulfill - all say he had to be JEWISH

See numbers 30-60 THIRTY Prophecies that Jesus was to be Jewish in order to be Messiah

The prophecy ... given in old testament and fulfilled by Jesus in New Testament

30. The Messiah would be born of the "seed" of a woman Genesis 3:15a Luke 1:34-35
31. The Messiah would be a descendant of Seth Genesis 4:25 Luke 3:23-38
32. The Messiah would be a descendant of Shem Genesis 9:26 Luke 3:23-36
33. The Messiah would be a descendant of Abraham Genesis 12:3 Matthew 1:1
34. Genesis 15:5
35. The Messiah would be a descendant of Abraham Genesis 18:17-18a Matthew 1:1
36. The Messiah would be a descendant of Abraham Genesis 22:18a Galatians 3:16
37. The Messiah would be a descendant of Isaac Genesis 17:19 Luke 3:23-34
38. The Messiah would be a descendant of Isaac Genesis 21:12 Luke 3:23-34
39. The Messiah would be a descendant of Isaac Genesis 26:4 Luke 3:23-34
40. The Messiah would be a descendant of Jacob Genesis 28:14a Luke 3:23-34
41. The Messiah would be a descendant of Judah Genesis 49:10a Luke 3:23-33
42. The Messiah would be a descendant of Judah 1 Chronicles 5:2 Luke 3:23-33
43. The Messiah would be a descendant of Boaz & Ruth Ruth 4:12-17 Luke 3:23-32
44. The Messiah would be a descendant of Jesse Isaiah 11:1a Luke 3:23-32
45. The Messiah would be a descendant of Jesse Isaiah 11:10a Luke 3:23-32
46. The Messiah would be a descendant of David 2 Samuel 7:12-13 Matthew 1:1
47. The Messiah would be a descendant of David 2 Samuel 7:16 Matthew 1:1
48. The Messiah would be a descendant of David 1 Chronicles 17:11-12a Luke 3:23-31
49. The Messiah would be a descendant of David Psalm 89:3-4 Matthew 1:1
50. The Messiah would be a descendant of David Psalm 89:29 Matthew 1:1
51. The Messiah would be a descendant of David Psalm 89:35-36 Matthew 1:1
52. The Messiah would be a descendant of David Psalm 132:11 Matthew 1:1
53. The Messiah would be a descendant of David Psalm 132:17 Matthew 1:1
54. The Messiah would be a descendant of David Isaiah 7:13-14 Matthew 1:1
55. The Messiah would be a descendant of David Isaiah 9:7 Matthew 1:1
56. The Messiah would be a descendant of David Jeremiah 23:5-6a Luke 3:23-31
57. The Messiah would be a descendant of David Jeremiah 33:14-15 Luke 3:23-31
58. The Messiah would be a descendant of David Ezekiel 17:22-24 Luke 3:23-31
59. The Messiah would be a descendant of David Ezekiel 34:23-24 Matthew 1:1
60. The Messiah would be a descendant of Zerubbabel Haggai 2:23 Luke 3:23-27

edit on 9/22/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

And that genealogy shows Jesus is Jewish and that He fulfills the old testament prophecies about having to be Jewish and have King David as His ancestor in order to be Messiah. Good work there troll ... you just debunked yourself.

JEWISH BLOOD SAVES FROM DAMNATION
BUT YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT HIM FIRST -
THAT INCLUDES ACCEPTING THAT HE"S JEWISH

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Classic

Another mosquito zapper of a thread lmao

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Should try and pick things from pop culture to describe this "Special Military Operation"?

The Forever War by Joe C Haldeman
Already mentioned WH40K
I doubt that the Kremlin will ever let anyone in Russia make films of it in the style of some of the better Nam films...They'd have real trouble finding decent music for a start...maybe they could play Pussy Riot?

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

That's right, because the Virgin Mary also traces her lineage back to King David. Didn't you know that? The Virgin Mary is the first and only girl who was brought into the Temple and brought to the Tabernacle.
And her husband, the righteous Joseph, became a saint in Christianity. It's a shame for a Catholic not to know such basic things.

The Virgin Mary is now the patroness of Russia, where she is most revered, she has her own boundaries and her own path. I have more than a dozen different images of the Virgin Mary in my home iconostasis. And I offer my prayers to her every day for many reasons - morning and evening prayers, blessing food, thanksgiving for completing daily chores, prayers on the rosary (150 prayers). And no force in the world can break the patronage of our beloved Holy Virgin Mary for Russia. Especially not Jewish desires.))))

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

True.

But I thought Christians didn't believe that our existence in this World will be "eternal", what with Armageddon and Judgement Day and all that stuff?

I don't know one way or the other mate, but to give them their due, the warhammer folks lean heavily into the old Catholic church, inquisition etc.
I really like some of the inquisition stories where they are fighting "Warp entities" which manifest as what we would regard as demons.

One of the most interesting things about it all is that the emperor was supposedly born in 8500BC or there abouts.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You know this stuff pretty good.
Especially considering that you don't believe it.
I'm impressed.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

Then speak, mosquito, rather than buzzing?

Anything to contribute?

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Should try and pick things from pop culture to describe this "Special Military Operation"?

Maybe the movie called "Failure To Launch"

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   

That is, this is the genealogy of the husband of the Virgin Mary, who received the son of God from the immaculate conception. Thus, you deny the immaculate conception of the Virgin Mary, accepting the Jewish interpretation. Where is Christianity in this?

From Wikipedia:

According to the writer of Luke, Mary was a relative of Elizabeth, wife of the priest Zechariah of the priestly division of Abijah, who was herself part of the lineage of Aaron and so of the Tribe of Levi.[63] Some of those who believe that the relationship with Elizabeth was on the maternal side, believe that Mary, like Joseph, was of the royal Davidic line and so of the Tribe of Judah, and that the genealogy of Jesus presented in Luke 3 from Nathan, is in fact the genealogy of Mary, while the genealogy from Solomon given in Matthew 1 is that of Joseph.[64][65][66] (Aaron's wife Elisheba was of the tribe of Judah, so all their descendants are from both Levi and Judah.)

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   

because the Virgin Mary also traces her lineage back to King David. Didn't you know that?

Of course I know that. And I also know that Mary is JEWISH.

And her husband, the righteous Joseph, became a saint in Christianity.

No kidding. I know that too. And he's JEWISH.

Two Jewish parents. Both of King David line. That makes Jesus JEWISH

It's a shame for a Catholic not to know such basic things.

I know all that stuff.
What is a shame is that you lie and say I don't.

You missed the point. You wanted the bible quotes that show that Jesus had to be Jewish in order to be Messiah. I gave many of them to you. Jesus had to be Jewish of the line of David in order to be Messiah and Savior. If He wasn't Jewish, then He wouldn't be Messiah and Savior.

You have been proven wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join