It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This war will be eternal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
(post by BernnieJGato removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: putnam6

Or maybe you will be more interested in your own well-being, the well-being of your family, than in the situation in a country that you probably had not heard of 2-3 years ago?

Maybe if certain a microsized 2-bit dictator had worried about the situation in thier own country and its citizens 2-3 years ago, much of the world could still be blissfully ignorant of both countries immediately involved.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

I agree with you. But one of the devil's methods is to separate people by any sign. Hence the endless divisions in all religions, including Christianity.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Does the incident you describe in any way affect the amount of dollars in your wallet or the well-being of your family?

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I agree with you. But one of the devil's methods is to separate people by any sign.

Sounds very much like Putin and the Russian Orthodox Church to me??
edit on 22-9-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I agree with you. But one of the devil's methods is to separate people by any sign. Hence the endless divisions in all religions, including Christianity.

The first of the 10 commandments is that there is only one god that we all share. Call it what you will. As for all the details in what is defined as the social norm has a lot of divergent complexity, even among those in the same religion.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I agree with you, but only up to the words "call it what you will". This goes beyond the commandment.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   

It seems to me that since the excommunication of the Moscow Patriarchate in 2018 ( 2018_Moscow%E2%80%93Constantinople_schism ) the self isolation of Russia has been advancing. The "freedom of religion" in Russia is looking more and more like the "freedom of religion" in Communist China and the "freedom of religion" in the Islamic Republic of Iran. Serious government oversight, banning of proselytizing, official acceptable sects only.

Is Russia so determined to go total isolationist like North Korea.

So Putin's current propaganda seems to be aimed at calling morality the exclusive realm of strict conservative Moscow Patriarchate. Neither Judaism nor Christianity invented morality, as much as the Apostle Paul would have us believe. Pre-Christian Roman texts reflect a very conservative morality.

Sure, that was a long time ago, and people living in the last couple of generations had morality instilled in a post-Christian environment, so that it is easy to assume that the morality came from Christianity itself. Enlightenment ideas were responsible for advancements in Christian social norms (such as abolishing slavery, equality of women with men in academic and civil affairs). These advances are not Judeo-Christian.

Even the Jewish Haskalah is enlightenment.
edit on 22-9-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   

BEFORE YOU POST.
READ THIS....

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (Redux)

Community Announcement re: Decorum

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
Those who refuse to "get it" WILL face LENGTHY POSTING BANS!!
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I agree with you, but only up to the words "call it what you will". This goes beyond the commandment.

So does language and culture. The world is getting smaller these days with the internet, as for where is all came from to get us this far does not have a common, global word to describe what god is really all about. God is a concept that I have struggled with, it continues to grow and evolve as I learn more about what this world is and how it works.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

There has been no excommunication of the Moscow Patriarchate and there cannot be. Orthodox churches are not a dictatorship, they are all equal among themselves, no matter how much CIA agent Bartholomew strives to seize power and become like the Pope.
All churches are in canonical communion, and the opinion of the West and Bartholomew does not matter, not at all.
By the way, unlike the West, decisions at Orthodox councils are made by consensus, and not by a majority vote, as in the West. That is, absolutely everyone must agree with the decision. The rest is Western whims.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I am a believer, an Orthodox Christian. And I have always treated atheists with respect, until they began to insult the Church and believers.
And the division into languages ​​and, accordingly, nations began when people wanted to become higher than the Lord God and began to build a grandiose Tower of Babel, as high as God. Then the Creator simply divided them into languages. They stopped understanding each other, dispersed across the lands, and the tower gradually collapsed.
edit on 22-9-2024 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   
“ Russia's enemies fear us because of our strength. But they are even more afraid that the Russians bring to the world the true light, which cannot be extinguished, and therefore it is impossible to defeat the Russians.”

Yeah, all of those former occupied countries joined nato because they were afraid of “the true light”..😂
More like afraid of the KGB’s boot on their necks again.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   

And I have always treated atheists with respect, until they began to insult the Church and believers.

My attitude is more pity as these people seam lost and without hope of something bigger than what we can comprehend. I don't know all the details of what god is about. I do know we cannot change the past.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You are mixing 3 different states - the Russian Empire, the USSR and the Russian Federation. You probably can't imagine different states with different political systems within the history of one state. In the USA, it seems that the political system is unshakable, although the state is less than 300 years old.
It happens, this is the history of mankind.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   

And again I agree with you)))

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka

And I have always treated atheists with respect, until they began to insult the Church and believers.

My attitude is more pity as these people seam lost and without hope of something bigger than what we can comprehend. I don't know all the details of what god is about. I do know we cannot change the past.

I’m an atheist but don’t waste your pity on me.
From my observations, religion has probably caused or justified more death and destruction than just about anything else.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Does the incident you describe in any way affect the amount of dollars in your wallet or the well-being of your family?

I never said that, nor suggested or inferred anything else.

But ironically we were about to represent a well-established high-end Russian apparel manufacturer right before a certain country started a certain Special Military Operation.

This company's product was beautiful and my understanding it was retailing well throughout Europe and the UK. Thier marketing was well-produced and would have fit seamlessly with the companies we represent, our clients are always looking for unique upscale suppliers, so it would have sold well at our Spring markets

We could have easily done 750 grand in year one with modest retail sales, with rapid growth as the label became more well-known

Everybody involved hoped for a quick end to the SMO and a return to normalized business relations, however as the first year turned into the next, the American contractor lost interest.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Okay, you've convinced me. I won't feel sorry for you, although pity for our neighbors, for all neighbors, is in the character of Orthodox Christians. I'm sorry))))

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   

For me, your story is fantastic. But it only confirms my words when your state, in the name of globalist political goals, deprives its citizens of profit for their families. This is wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join