It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This war will be eternal

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Let's look at a specific quote from the Old Testament? And then give it our own personal definition? That would be fair))))

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

It was indeed buddy one of the best.

A tragedy that Dermot Morgan passed in 98.

irreplaceable really where the character of "Ted" was concerned.

And hence the reason no more "Father Ted".

RIP Dermot.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: RussianTroll

How do you know she's Jewish?

I thought FlyersFan was of the Christian denomination.

He keeps calling me a Jew because I'm informing him that Jesus is Jewish.
I'm an American Catholic of Irish and English ancestry.

As for the topic ... .I provided the information he asked for. I gave the 30+ prophecies of the old testament showing Jesus had to be Jewish in order to be Messiah and Savior. He has failed to acknowledge these facts.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   

a reply to: SprocketUK

It was indeed buddy one of the best.

A tragedy that Dermot Morgan passed in 98.

irreplaceable really where the character of "Ted" was concerned.

And hence the reason no more "Father Ted".

RIP Dermot.

Yeah real shock that was.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

How many do you want?

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
Let's look at a specific quote from the Old Testament? And then give it our own personal definition? That would be fair))))

I gave you over thirty quotes of the Old Testament showing that the Messiah has to be Jewish of the line of King David. Jesus can't be Messiah unless he's Jewish and of the line of King David. I gave you the quotes of where the fulfillment can be found in the New Testament.

There is nothing to discuss.
There is no 'personal definition'.
Scripture is scripture.

ALL OF CHRISTIANITY says Jesus has to be Jewish and of the line of King David or else he can't be messiah and savior.

If you don't believe that He is Jewish, then you don't believe he fulfilled the Old Testament prophecies and therefore you do not believe He is Messiah and Savior.

It's just that simple.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
How many do you want?

I gave him about 35 prophecies of the Old Testament showing that the Messiah had to be Jewish and I gave him the quotes showing where in the New Testament Jesus fulfilled the prophecies.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   

By the way, the Holy Mother of God was at that time the only pious woman in the world who was brought as a girl into the Tabernacle in the Temple of the people, who at that time, despite all their sins, remained the only people in the world who preserved, albeit formally, the faith in the One God. She was the only one in the world. You should be proud of this fact, but you not only deny it, but also ostracize it. Shame on you, madam. Let me remind you that according to the Apostle Paul, in Christianity "there is neither Greek nor Jew." All are equal before the Lord.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You gave 35 prophecies, which you interpret in your own, Jewish view. In their pure form, they speak of something completely different)))

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You harp on like you were there RT.

Another figment of your imagination and possible mental psychosis.

Or is that what we find at the end of a bottle of Vodka these days?

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   

but you not only deny it, but also ostracize it.

No I don't. Stop lying.

Like I said - you don't know what Immaculate Conception means. It means she was conceived without original sin. It has nothing to do with her ancestry. MARY WAS JEWISH AND STILL IS.

You gave 35 prophecies, which you interpret in your own, Jewish view. In their pure form, they speak of something completely different)))

Incorrect. There are 35 prophecies of the old testament that I gave. All state that the Messiah must be Jewish and of the line of King David. And I gave the evidence in the New Testament that Jesus fulfilled them.

Jews and Christians agree on the Old Testament Prophecies.

Christians agree that they were fulfilled in the New Testament.

Jews disagree and say that Jesus did not fulfill them.

Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi Who taught in the synagogues.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The Blessed Virgin Mary was the only pious woman in the world at that time from the descendants of David. All the other women in the world were mired in sin, especially the Jewish women. That is why God chose her. You reason like a Jewess, not like a Catholic.
edit on 22-9-2024 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Пресвятая Дева Мария была единственной благочестивой женщиной в мире в то время из потомков Давида. Все остальные женщины в мире погрязли в грехе, особенно иудейки. Поэтому Господь и выбрал ее. Вы рассуждаете, как иудейка, а не как католичка.

English please if you dont mind.

TnC and all that jazz.

Translated because its obviously the Russian Vodka talking now.

"The Blessed Virgin Mary was the only pious woman in the world at that time from the descendants of David. All the other women in the world are mired in sin, especially the Jewish women. That's why the Lord chose her. You talk like a Jew, not like a Catholic."

Just sounds like you hate women RT.

It's anti-Semitic, sexist, and pathetic really.

Just like the rest of your rants.

edit on 22-9-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Speak English. You breach T&Cs.

"Пресвятая Дева Мария была единственной благочестивой женщиной в мире в то время из потомков Давида. Все остальные женщины в мире погрязли в грехе, особенно иудейки. Поэтому Господь и выбрал ее. Вы рассуждаете, как иудейка, а не как католичка."

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   
JESUS WAS A JEWISH RABBI WHO TAUGHT IN THE SYNAGOGUES

(Jesus was actually a Pharisee because he taught about the resurrection)

Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi

It is clear from the gospels that Jesus had a reputation as a Jewish rabbi (Mark 14:45; John 1:38). Peter (in Mark 9:5) and Mary Magdalene (in John 20:16) both referred to Jesus as “Rabbi.” Moreover, the Jewish ruler Nicodemus thought that this title was appropriate for Jesus: “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him” (John 3:2). Elsewhere, we see Jesus referred to as “Teacher” (Mark 5:35). According to John 1:38, Rabbi and Teacher are synonymous titles.

A rabbi (literally, “my master”) is a member of the clergy in the religion of Judaism. Rabbis often function as leaders of synagogues where they provide instruction in the Hebrew Scriptures and Jewish traditions. Rabbis preach sermons, interpret the Old Testament, and perform other functions similar to those of Christian pastors. While Jesus was never part of the official temple leadership, He was still considered a rabbi because of His ministry of teaching. Even the Babylonian Talmud describes Jesus as a teacher who had students (Sanhedrin 43a).

Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi who taught in the temple -

Luke 4:16 - He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read.

Jews for Jesus .. Jesus was a Rabbi

Jesus had many conversations with the Pharisees (e.g., Matthew 19:3–9; Mark 12:28–34; Luke 19:39), answering their questions, often pointedly, to challenge their thinking. But he was included as a relevant voice worthy of their engagement. The Pharisees themselves acknowledge him as a peer, calling him “Rabbi” (Luke 19:39).

Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?” (John 3:1–4)

Nicodemus said to him, “How can these things be?” Jesus answered him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things?” (John 3:9–10)

Bible Scholars

The first thing that one must realize is that Jesus was a Jew. This fact should be obvious; however, it is surprising how many Christians are shocked to learn that Jesus was a Jew. And, not just any ordinary Jew. He was a rabbi, a teacher, one learned in the Scriptures and the religious literature of His day, which was considerable.

MUCH more reading at that link showing Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi

And Jesus answered and said to him, “Simon, I have something to say to you,” and he said, “Rabbi, speak” (Luke 7:40).

And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, “Rabbi, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” (Luke 10:25 - Matthew 23:36).

And one of the company said unto him, “Rabbi, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me” (Luke 12:13).

And behold, a man came up to him and said, “Rabbi, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” (Matthew 19:16 - Luke 18:18).

And some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to him, “Rabbi, rebuke your disciples” (Luke 19:39).

And they asked him, saying, “Rabbi, we know that you speak and teach rightly, and show no partiality, but teach the way of God truly…” (Luke 20:21 - Matthew 22:16).

Then there came to him some of the Sadducees…and they asked him, saying, “Rabbi…” (Luke 20:27 - Matthew 22:23-24).

edit on 9/22/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Translates roughly as :The Blessed Virgin Mary was the only pious woman in the world at that time from the descendants of David. All the other women in the world are steeped in sin, especially Jewish women. That is why the Lord chose her. You reason like a Jew, not like a Catholic.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Jesus preached the Word of God in those premises where representatives of the owners of these premises were present. And in Jewish, and in Greek, and in pagan. Everywhere where he was listened to, and not just heard. It is strange for you, as a self-declared Catholic, not to know these facts))))
edit on 22-9-2024 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Translated because its obviously the Russian Vodka talking now.

Yeah, I've long suspected that to be true.

From RussiaTrolls post translated by andy06shake -

"The Blessed Virgin Mary was the only pious woman in the world at that time from the descendants of David. All the other women in the world are mired in sin, especially the Jewish women. That's why the Lord chose her. You talk like a Jew, not like a Catholic."

You don't know squat about Catholics. Catholics believe JEWISH Mary was chosen BEFORE birth, because she was conceived without Original Sin and specially chosen by God before she was even born. Yes she was pious. And NO ... the Jewish women were not 'especially mired in sin'. That's absurd and there is nothing in scripture to suggest that the Jewish women were worse than the gentile women.

Again ... you are clueless as to what Immaculate Conception means.

And your anti-Jew bigotry is shining forth.

And I doubt that you have read anything that has been posted.

Because if you had read it, you would have stopped yammering and would have admitted that you are dead wrong.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Jews disagree and say that Jesus did not fulfill them.

Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi Who taught in the synagogues.

Jewish Christians are Christians.
Jews who aren't Christian aren't Christians.

Simple.

Question: Do you believe:
1) that a Jew is saved and going to heaven because of Jewishness,
or
2) must they accept Jesus as Risen Lord and Savior in order to be saved?

If 2) then you cannot be credibly accused of being Jewish.
If 1) you may have fallen victim to the two paths heresy of such people as John Hagee.

/////////
Disclaimer: I don't personally believe in salvation
but if I did, I would go with one, being a Gentile and all, and having read Paul's letter to the Galatians.
///////

edit on 22-9-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: FullHeathen
Jewish Christians are Christians.
Jews who aren't Christian aren't Christians.

You are right. I got typing fast and didn't say clearly enough ...When I referred to Jews I meant practicing Jews. And when I referred to Christians that included people who were of Jewish background who are practicing Christians.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join