It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This war will be eternal

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

religion has probably caused or justified more death and destruction than just about anything else.

I would call it more culture. Someone else speaks a strange language, miss communications are easy to happen. As for the root cause of this competitive nature, it is part of the genetic algorithm when seeing how that all works. Guess you can blame god for that one, despite what religion if any one has.

I know it sucks, but we would not be here without it.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

I would not call this a religion, but rather a puzzle of interpretations of religious dogmas, which sometimes formed certain national characters.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

although pity for our neighbors, for all neighbors, is in the character of Orthodox Christians. I'm sorry

Pity is a cheap substitute for genuine understanding. Something Russia seems to have lost??

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

You know, the behavior of some of my opponents on the forum reminds me of the behavior of abandoned girls, who each time with difficulty catch up with their boyfriends who dumped them, in order to tell them once again how uninteresting they are)))))

This does not apply to adequate interlocutors in any way, especially to you. Sorry))))
edit on 22-9-2024 by RussianTroll because: Add

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
You will decide for yourself who won in your Soul, Catholicism or Judaism.

Still wrong.
Judaism hasn't taken over Catholicism.
Unplug from your nationalist propaganda.

But your statements regarding Jesus Christ clearly tell me that Judaism won.

Your statements about everything tell me that you don't know Who Jesus is.
If you did, you wouldn't tie him up together with your Russian nationalism.
And you wouldn't be hating on the Jews ... Jesus was, and always will be, JEWISH.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   

There has been no excommunication of the Moscow Patriarchate and there cannot be.

Sorry about that. I misread or didn't spend enough time to comprehend.

lift the excommunications which affected the clergy and faithfuls of two unrecognized Ukrainian Eastern Orthodox churches. Those two unrecognized churches, the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church (UAOC) and the Ukrainian Orthodox Church – Kyiv Patriarchate (UOC-KP), were competing with the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarchate) (UOC-MP) and were considered "schismatics" (illegally segregated groups) by the Patriarchate of Moscow, as well as by the other Eastern Orthodox churches.

Seems that UAOC and the UOC-KP had been excommunicated but no longer are.

I suppose I'll have to click the link for Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I of Constantinople to see what's up with him.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka

religion has probably caused or justified more death and destruction than just about anything else.

I would call it more culture. Someone else speaks a strange language, miss communications are easy to happen. As for the root cause of this competitive nature, it is part of the genetic algorithm when seeing how that all works. Guess you can blame god for that one, despite what religion if any one has.

I know it sucks, but we would not be here without it.

Muslims vs Christian’s
Muslims vs Jews
Protestant vs catholic
Shiite vs Sunni
Scientologists vs everyone 😂 sorry bout that one.

They all use their religious beliefs to justify their actions.
Does the religion itself cause the deaths? No, but neither does the bullet. Man does that on his own.

edit on 22-9-2024 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Okay, you've convinced me. I won't feel sorry for you, although pity for our neighbors, for all neighbors, is in the character of Orthodox Christians. I'm sorry))))

I’ve never discouraged people from following their beliefs. Married to a Christian woman actually.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I'm sorry, but your comments about Jesus Christ are much more characteristic of Judaism than any branch of Christianity.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You deny that Jesus is Jewish.

Therefore you deny that Jesus fulfilled the messianic prophecies of the Old Testament.

Therefore you deny that Jesus is Savior and Son of God.

Therefore ... you are not Christian.

Jesus Christ is God and the Son of God ... and son of Mary and foster son of Joseph ... both of the house and line of King DAVID. It's VERY important to acknowledge that because it fulfills the messianic prophecies of the Old Testament. To claim he has 'no nationality' would mean that he didn't fulfill the messianic prophecies and that he isn't the messiah or saviour.

He lived a Jewish life. He ate Jewish food. He prayed Jewish prayers. He lived in the Jewish community. He taught in Jewish Synagogues. He had Jewish friends. He was of Jewish blood. His mother was Jewish. His foster father - and legal father - was Jewish. He fulfilled Jewish messianic prophecy by being of Jewish blood of the house and line of King David. He spilled Jewish blood on the cross which saved YOU. That's right .. Jewish blood saved you from hellfire.

Jesus was .. and always will be ... JEWISH.
Your God, Jesus the Son, whom you pray to, is JEWISH.

Is Jesus Jewish

Jesus was a Jew by descent. Being in the lineage of Abraham and David (Matthew 1:1), He was born in Judah to Joseph and Mary, a Jewish father and mother (Matthew 1:6 and 2:1-2). He was raised in a Jewish home and was taught the scriptures and Jewish laws (Luke 2:40). Hebrews 7:14 also tells us that the Lord descended from Judah, meaning the son of Jacob, where the word Jew derived.

As Jesus grew, He often taught in the synagogues and the temple. His teachings abided by the Torah and the commandments and upheld all the Jewish customs. Jesus was considered a rabbi, even called the King of the Jews (John 19:21). As a Jew, He observed Passover and the Feast of the Tabernacles (Jon 2:12 and John 7:2), both Jewish traditions.

The Old Testament prophesied a Jewish Savior. One was chosen by God for a special purpose: to restore and redeem Israel (Isaiah 9:6 and 53). To claim Jesus isn't Jewish is to deny that he is the messiah and savior.

Why It's Important To Remember that Jesus is Jewish

Jesus was born in Bethlehem to a Jewish mother and raised in a Jewish home by parents who followed Jewish law and respected Jewish festivals. Jesus honored his Jewish heritage in every religious sense. He was called Rabbi and identified Himself as a Jew.

God chose the Jews because they would protect God’s message at all costs. Through them would come all the prophecy, all of the foreshadowing.

That Messiah prophesied in the Old Testament was a Jewish savior, chosen by God for a special purpose from a special people. The Messiah was to serve God’s purpose by fulfilling all Jewish prophecy and reconciling the world to himself:

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God (Revelation 21:3).

And of course we have Jesus Himself saying He is Jewish - Jesus identified Himself as a Jew. Speaking to the Samaritan woman at the well, Jesus said, “You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews” (John 4:22).

Jesus was born Jewish. He still is Jewish. His return will be to Israel.

Jesus is indeed the Jewish Messiah, the Son of David — and sent through and to the Jews.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I congratulate you and wish you harmony in your family life.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Jesus Christ is God, the triple incarnation of God. This was determined by the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD. This was accepted by all, absolutely all Christian churches, including the Catholic Church that later broke away from the Orthodox Church. Read the Creeds. God cannot have a nationality. The Jews insist that through the immaculate conception (which the Jews also deny) of our Mother of God, the Virgin Mary, Jesus, according to Jewish tradition, which considers nationality by the mother, was a Jew. What kind of Catholic are you after this? You are a typical Jewess. Denying the divine essence of Christ, you, by calling yourself a Catholic, completely discredit the Catholic Church.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   

They all use their religious beliefs to justify their actions.

Sure seems like it.
Even the American colonists used "No King but Jesus" as a war cry to excuse their violation of Roman 13:1,2.

I suppose if I had been a good American colonial Bible thumper I would have fled to England or gotten hung.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   

This was determined by the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD.

This was determined by the CATHOLIC Council of Nicaea.

including the Catholic Church that later broke away from the Orthodox Church.

Incorrect. The Russian orthodox church broke from the Catholic church. The Catholic church is THE church with the unbroken line of popes back to Peter and apostolic succession.

God cannot have a nationality.

Jesus most certainly does. To deny Him being Jewish is to deny the scriptures. Jesus HAS TO BE JEWISH in order to fulfill the messianic prophecies. If He isn't Jewish, then he doesn't fulfill them. You deny Who He Is.

A person can't be Christian if they deny that Jesus is Jewish.

YOU ARE WRONG
edit on 9/22/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The Council of Nicaea took place in 325. The Catholic Church separated from the Orthodox Church (the Great Division, the Great Schism, and the Great Schism) in 1054. Are you good at arithmetic?))))

en.wikipedia.org...–West_Schism
edit on 22-9-2024 by RussianTroll because: Add

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Jesus own words ....

John 4:22 "You people worship what you do not understand; we worship what we understand, because salvation is from the Jews."

Jesus is salvation.

Jesus is Jewish.

He said so.

He fulfills the messianic prophecies, and He has to be Jewish to do that.

JESUS IS JEWISH.

JEWISH BLOOD SAVES YOU FROM HELLFIRE.

JEWISH

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Jesus Christ is God, the triple incarnation of God. This was determined by the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD. This was accepted by all, absolutely all Christian churches,

Surely if Jesus Christ is the incarnate Second Person of the Holy Trinity, the only begotten Son of God, fully God and fully man born of Mary, then Christ was fully man, making him of Jewish decent?

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The Council of Nicaea took place in 325. The Catholic Church separated from the Orthodox Church (the Great Division, the Great Schism, and the Great Schism) in 1054. Are you good at arithmetic?))))

The CATHOLIC Council of Nicaea took place in 325. The ORTHODOX CHURCH became schismatic and separated from the Catholic church in 1054.

There is an unbroken line of Catholic popes from Peter to present. There are documents in the Vatican library from 107AD stating that the Church name was CATHOLIC CHURCH.

You are so wrong. Not even remotely close to being correct.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Surely if Jesus Christ is the incarnate Second Person of the Holy Trinity, the only begotten Son of God, fully God and fully man born of Mary, then Christ was fully man, making him of Jewish decent?

Correct. (GOOD FOR YOU!!!!)

In theology it's called HYPOSTATIC UNION
And the two natures can not be separated.

Jesus dual nature. Fully divine and fully human.

God doesn't need to have a mother, He is eternal.
But Jesus does have to have a mother, because He is also fully man.
ANd therefore, Jesus also has a bloodline, that being JEWISH.

RussianTroll is in denial. His jew-hatred overpowers him. The bible is very clear. The messiah and savior HAS TO BE Jewish and HAS TO BE from the line of King David. It's all about the bloodline. And it's a JEWISH bloodline.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Jesus to the Jews:

" Jesus said to them:
"If God were really your Father,
you would love Me,
For I came from God and now I am here*,
I did not come on My own initiative -
He sent Me.
43 But you do not understand what I am saying. Why?
Because you do not want to listen to My words!
44 You are from the devil, and he is your father:
You willingly do his will.

He has been a murderer from the beginning of life on earth.
He has nothing in common with the truth - it is alien to him.
When he speaks lies, he does what is natural to him,
for he is a liar and the father of lies."
But I speak the truth, and therefore you do not believe Me.
46 But will any of you accuse Me of sin?
If I speak the truth, why do you not believe Me?
47 He who is from God pays attention to every word of God.
But you are not from God, therefore you do not heed."

Gospel of John, Chapter 8, verses 42-47
edit on 22-9-2024 by RussianTroll because: correct

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join