It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida REFUSING to hand Trump shooting suspect Ryan Routh over to the Feds

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

When Covid started I sold my house in Kentucky and moved to my catamaran in Florida.

2021 I sold it and went to Philippines and bought land. Came back to US in 2022 because mom got sick and had to take care of her. Went through several Asian countries.

I usually go through Japan or Korea, I think it was just Korea that time but my memory is bad. I prefer Korea as I still remember a bit of the language, but only speak a few words of Japanese, but every time varies by availability/price.

The Middle East and China routes are cheaper but I avoid them.

Now I’m homesick for both Florida and the Philippines, thanks. Gotta get back to Florida and get a new catamaran soon or I’m going to go out of my mind.

Two of my friends who sail round the world such as you had to stop and come back to the States. Some places wouldn't let them in, and others had horrendous slip fees. The Philippines was very harsh during the pandemic. People would be arrested if they went from one town to another. With a new President, things are better, the old one scared the crap out of me.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp
a reply to: nugget1

It's not personal, its all in good fun.

Yet I really am of astoundingly average intelligence.

I like to catagorize myself as below average; less pressure for expectations that way.

link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

When Covid started I sold my house in Kentucky and moved to my catamaran in Florida.

2021 I sold it and went to Philippines and bought land. Came back to US in 2022 because mom got sick and had to take care of her. Went through several Asian countries.

I usually go through Japan or Korea, I think it was just Korea that time but my memory is bad. I prefer Korea as I still remember a bit of the language, but only speak a few words of Japanese, but every time varies by availability/price.

The Middle East and China routes are cheaper but I avoid them.

Now I’m homesick for both Florida and the Philippines, thanks. Gotta get back to Florida and get a new catamaran soon or I’m going to go out of my mind.

Two of my friends who sail round the world such as you had to stop and come back to the States. Some places wouldn't let them in, and others had horrendous slip fees. The Philippines was very harsh during the pandemic. People would be arrested if they went from one town to another. With a new President, things are better, the old one scared the crap out of me.

Don’t believe anything you hear about the Philippines on western news.

I traveled just fine. You had some hoops to jump through but it was fine.

My dad called me once when Duterte was president and asked "what’s it like living under marshal law?"

I was like, what?

He said news said Duterte had declared martial law.

That, like everything else they said about Duterte was utter crap.

He had sent some troops down for a particularly bad outbreak of violence on one of the southern islands.. like us sending in national guard.

That region has been on fire and constantly fought over since before the Philippines was formed. You just don’t go there.

Duterte was great and living in the Philippines was wonderful while he was President. He cleaned up a lot of corruption. Almost everything the western news said was absolute lies.

link   
Routh has been turned over yesterday and is in the custody of the US Marshal.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

What jurisdiction are they? Hopefully not within crooked Garland's DOJ.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

No states have usually similar or harsher firearms laws as well as all the other laws...the thing that makes it federal is crossing the state lines or country lines I guess. Or maybe some sort of conspiracy with people from different places. I assure you however that feds only usurp a state when it involves more than one state or country...basically crissing a boarder comitting a crime is how it becomes federal. The only other common way I know is that you break a federal law in a place there is no state law...but it would be on federal officers to arrest you. Like cannabis in the airport in a legal state. Cops won't do anything to you unless a federal agent wants to arrest you. If the state had a law they could hold jurisdiction over you...unless they agree to let the feds prosecute. Which also happens because fed penalties tend to be harsher.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Unfortunately yes, US Marshal for the Southern District of Florida.

x.com...

x.com...

edit on 16-9-2024 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Duterte was great and living in the Philippines was wonderful while he was President. He cleaned up a lot of corruption. Almost everything the western news said was absolute lies.

My wife is Filipino, and her brothers were 3-star Generals at that time, retired now with one in the police, and one in the Coastguard.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I get where you're coming from but it's actually deeper than that.

For instance you don't need to cross state lines, being on an interstate is enough for federal jurisdiction. Same goes with just about all modern methods of communication.

With the NFA and GCA, firearms largely as well.

It's a crap system but it's in place

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Unfortunately yes, US Marshal for the Southern District of Florida.

x.com...

x.com...

From one of your links...

Debunking: I keep seeing it reported that Gov. DeSantis refused to turn Routh over to feds.

That is not correct.

Routh appeared in federal court this morning on the federal criminal complaint filed against him.

He is currently "Detained in the care, custody and control of the United States Marshal for the Southern District of Florida."
Source: x.com...

Bummer. Time to close this thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

So...close it then.

Why is it not closed?

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: chr0naut

Lol

The UK, EU, Australia, and NZ are putting people in cages because they posted thing online that hurt someone's feelings.

You might believe that, but you seem to be gullible. The US, however, does do that, examples are at Guantanamo Bay facilities, and Snowden, and Assange etc, so I suppose you would believe that everywhere is the same.

Political prisoners in the United States

Because they are unarmed cucks.

The first thing Tyrants like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot did was disarm their citizens.

So go ahead and get f!cked

All of these tyrants armed their supporters, most of whom (initially) were citizen supporters.

Nazi gun control argument

Gun control in the Soviet Union

Is there any evidence Chairman Mao restricted or confiscated guns?

Cambodia had strong gun control going back to French colonization. I have found little online about Pol Pot confiscating people's weapons (because there weren't many guns there in the first place). He definitely armed the Khmer Rouge.

The Genocide And Gun Control Myth

From the last link:

So neither Stalin, Hitler, Mao nor Pol Pot prove the dangers of gun control. Their mass murders would not have been prevented by armed civilians seeing as most of them were resisted by actual armies. To the contrary, the availability of guns made their seizure of power easier. It is nothing short of delusion to think that a small group of untrained civilians could have defeated some of the most powerful armies in the world. How could hunting rifles possibly overpower tanks, planes, artillery and millions of soldiers? History shows that civilians are powerless to militarily resist an oppressive dictator. The only way to prevent genocide is not by stockpiling guns, but strengthening democracy, supporting a free press and non government organisations. To think that gun control in America will lead to genocide is to abandon reality and live in a fantasy world.

edit on 2024-09-16T21:38:49-05:0009Mon, 16 Sep 2024 21:38:49 -050009pm00000030 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Interesting...I will admit its possible I am unfamiliar with some of those areas which you may be correct about...and tomorrow while I am bored sitting through bulls#&% corporate presentations about DEI and ESG I now have something to look into.

Either way it will be not only interesting but also telling how this unfolds!...I do not believe he wasnmeant to be alive still...or caught by local cops not corrupted in a state where the Governor has balls.
edit on 16-9-2024 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I hope they try to sue DeSantis/Florida.

Those optics alone will be great in October.

edit on 16-9-2024 by wAnchorofCarp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:41 PM
link   

They basically have to at this point unless DeSantis reverses. The state has custody on state charges and the highest offical has said F off. They need a judge to overrule him now.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Ya know what would be amazing?

If you placed differing opinions in as high regard as the opinions you use as "sources."

Alas, I'm willing to bet you often wonder why you aren't convincing anyone to believe your nonsense.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:44 PM
link   

If you don't think he goes source shopping to fit his beliefs I have a bridge to sell ya lol!

I tend to put less weight on sources and more weight on the evidence used by the source and how much of that evidence I can look at myself. I can find sources for any angle of a topic these days...

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: chr0naut

Nah mate, it's a cumulation of conspiracy sites and conspiracy social media posts and organized propaganda, on the 'net.

Speaking of social media posts ....
Trump drops full list on Democrat rhetoric that 'inspired another attempt' on his life

Complete with links to each quote, the campaign put together 39 different statements made by prominent Democratic politicians in recent years such as Kamala Harris and Joe Biden, saying that the GOP nominee is "a threat to our democracy and fundamental freedoms" as well as that he is an "existential threat."

One of Biden's quotes was, "It's time to put Trump in a bullseye." The list also included a quote when Harris joked about killing Trump when he was president in 2018. When Ellen DeGeneres asked her if she would want to get stuck in an elevator with Trump or other Republicans, Harris responded, "Does one of us have to come out alive?” and then laughed hysterically.

Yeah, I'd say that needs some sunshine alright.

It couldn't be Trump's fault that people want to shoot him, could it?

I mean, he has quite intentionally been extremely divisive, rather than being conciliatory and accepting. That makes enemies of people who only have minor and resolvable complaints.

Sure it is/s.

So,

When people open their mouth we are supposed to just beat hell out of them, shoot them and threaten to rape their women????

Was anyone even suggesting that? No.

Perhaps people might paint themselves entirely purple and scare babies screaming, "I'm a grape, how could you drink grape juice"? Nah, that's ridiculous, too.

(It's like you don't even understand what the topic thread has been talking about).

edit on 2024-09-16T21:45:10-05:0009Mon, 16 Sep 2024 21:45:10 -050009pm00000030 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

My wife is Filipino, and her brothers were 3-star Generals at that time, retired now with one in the police, and one in the Coastguard.

Ako din. Asawa ko philipina ka.

Nakakaintindi ng Tagalog?

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

Yea....our dude has been inches away from assassination....twice....in two months.

But do go on and try to tell the class how it's "mUh rIgHt wInG eXtrEmiSM!1!11ZoMG!"

Sit down moron.

If the government were out to get him, he'd probably just be droned from 1 kilometre up, or someone would brush past him with a hidden syringe.

I doubt that they'd organize for some amateur kook to take him out with a cheap firearm.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join