It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is He Trying to Lose Now?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Cherry pick data is not working on me.

I am into real facts like what is happening at the oil wells and the refineries on that subject. The economy is not my forte, but I do observe industry for my job and oil is one of them my group will collect data concerning.

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I sure don't take a word from anybody without verifying and that is why I said what I said. I did my homework. Oil production has been hampered and Trump was "drill baby drill" like the McCain campaign.

a reply to: Justoneman

So you would have to live in a cave or be new to the economy to not know it was that Trump was selling oil around the world and now we don't have enough because the progressive assholes are tackling "man made global warming" as if it was true when they are just fat liars about that issue too.

I don’t take political talking points from candidates as gospel, I just go look at the numbers myself, especially since I invest.

We’re the number one producer of oil in the world. We’re producing more now than any country ever has yearly.

So the next question would be why are oil prices higher? And there are two reasons. One is it’s a global market. If Europe is willing to pay more, then oil companies are going to sell more there and prices will be higher here. But the biggest reason is inflation itself.

Energy prices aren’t driving inflation, inflation is driving energy prices. So if you go look at the price per gallon from 2019 to now and adjust for inflation, they’re pretty similar.

As I said, the reason for inflation can be tracked to the M2 money supply. Supply and demand.

Note the M2 doesn’t factor public and private debt, which has also ballooned since COVID.

I provided my charts above, I’ll await yours that show we’ve been decreasing in production vs consumption, or imports outweighing exports.

Keep in mind I’m not arguing one side or the other. I’m saying neither are addressing the root causes of inflation.

The energy talking point is moot IMO as both admins have improved our energy stance, and we could even say Biden copied Trumps playbook if that helps.

You’re welcome to use your anecdotal case study against the broader market.

That would be more of an example of cherry picking than using the figures of the market as a whole 🤷‍♂️

You’re welcome to find any source showing I’m wrong.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Cherry pick data is not working on me.

I am into real facts like what is happening at the oil wells and the refineries on that subject. The economy is not my forte, but I do observe industry for my job and oil is one of them my group will collect data concerning.

I sure don't take a word from anybody without verifying and that is why I said what I said. I did my homework. Oil production has been hampered and Trump was "drill baby drill" like the McCain campaign.

So you would have to live in a cave or be new to the economy to not know it was that Trump was selling oil around the world and now we don't have enough because the progressive assholes are tackling "man made global warming" as if it was true when they are just fat liars about that issue too.

I don’t take political talking points from candidates as gospel, I just go look at the numbers myself, especially since I invest.

We’re the number one producer of oil in the world. We’re producing more now than any country ever has yearly.

So the next question would be why are oil prices higher? And there are two reasons. One is it’s a global market. If Europe is willing to pay more, then oil companies are going to sell more there and prices will be higher here. But the biggest reason is inflation itself.

Energy prices aren’t driving inflation, inflation is driving energy prices. So if you go look at the price per gallon from 2019 to now and adjust for inflation, they’re pretty similar.

As I said, the reason for inflation can be tracked to the M2 money supply. Supply and demand.

Note the M2 doesn’t factor public and private debt, which has also ballooned since COVID.

I provided my charts above, I’ll await yours that show we’ve been decreasing in production vs consumption, or imports outweighing exports.

Keep in mind I’m not arguing one side or the other. I’m saying neither are addressing the root causes of inflation.

The energy talking point is moot IMO as both admins have improved our energy stance, and we could even say Biden copied Trumps playbook if that helps.

You’re welcome to use your anecdotal case study against the broader market.

That would be more of an example of cherry picking than using the figures of the market as a whole 🤷‍♂️

You’re welcome to find any source showing I’m wrong.

Im having a huge problem in my line of work of believing data from liars, not saying YOU are here. Just saying I am about trust and I trust my eyes more than I can PROVEN sources of lies and more lies. We are at an empass for emperical data that is pure.

Not saying you are a dork, just not buying the data sources who spin stuff my eyes and mind do not see.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: CriticalStinker

More oil yes, but not keeping up to par, and reducing by-products production in demand. THAT's how they are doing the planned kill-off. 😉 Looks like millions fell for the deceptions again. 🤣🤣

So I’ve provided hard measurable metrics, and people have just said I’m wrong by using recycled political talking points.

There’s a ton of data out there since these are aggressively traded commodities.

I’d say you’re welcome to show me that imports are outpacing exports. But I already know it’s the inverse.

This all started when I pointed out that energy hasn’t been the driving force of inflation, but rather that the money supply itself shows growth in comparable range to inflation.

Neither side is making any effort to show how they’ll actually address inflation. And there’s no way it’s going to happen when their focus is going to be what to do with taxes, or putting in cost controls (which would be disastrous).

There’s a clear and identifiable cause to inflation. The more we ignore it the worse it will get.

…and countries are dropping the dollar in trade like a hot potato. You don’t think that’s going to affect us???
edit on 20-8-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

More oil yes, but not keeping up to par, and reducing by-products production in demand. THAT's how they are doing the planned kill-off. 😉 Looks like millions fell for the deceptions again. 🤣🤣

So I’ve provided hard measurable metrics, and people have just said I’m wrong by using recycled political talking points.

There’s a ton of data out there since these are aggressively traded commodities.

I’d say you’re welcome to show me that imports are outpacing exports. But I already know it’s the inverse.

This all started when I pointed out that energy hasn’t been the driving force of inflation, but rather that the money supply itself shows growth in comparable range to inflation.

Neither side is making any effort to show how they’ll actually address inflation. And there’s no way it’s going to happen when their focus is going to be what to do with taxes, or putting in cost controls (which would be disastrous).

There’s a clear and identifiable cause to inflation. The more we ignore it the worse it will get.

…and countries are dropping the dollar in trade like a hot potato. You don’t think that’s going to affect us???

It probably will, but it depends on how we react.

That said, there isn’t a currency right now that can completely replace the USD. BRICS will use a variety of currencies to offset demand on the USD, and I do imagine we’ll see an impact from that.

But to truly find a replacement, you have to find something that’s stable and has a supply that can accommodate global trade. The Euro would be the closest followed by the Chinese Yuan. Europe struggles with having sovereign entities within its economic alliance, and that will likely be the case for BRICS as well. People are welcome to trust the Chinese Yuan if they’d like, but my guess is they’ll get burned. China has a looming real estate crisis, population crisis, and their market isn’t proven like most since it’s so tightly controlled, and their citizens are limited to assets they can trade.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   

What a weird loser.

That's a good Sheep .

Now for your next lesson I want you to use the word "Weird " and " Donald Trump " in a sentence 10 different ways in 10 different sentences .

I want this completed before the end of the class , You will get a gold star if you do all 10 .

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I guess that’s convenient.

Because when you initially answered my question that I asked another member, how were we more energy independent 5-6 years ago than we are now, you said I must be living under a rock or be new to the economy.

I’ve provided charts, and implored you to share data that counters it. But you’re just kinda planted your feet and said you don’t trust liars, or information that challenges your current view.

I see your logic, the US agency who made the chart (energy information agency), might fudge the numbers to benefit Biden. But alas, your thesis was that the left wants to destroy energy in the name of the EPA. So if the lefts agenda is a green one, doesn’t that data hurt them with their base?

There’s holes in your math, and you’re not providing anything to back it up other than an anecdotal and isolated case study.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Not convenient at all it is sad because the truth is hard to find from liars. Who do you trust with your nightly news?

I prefer to read it and not get the emotional lying broadcast pumping BS into my skull so I will buy the "narrative du jour"

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I don’t have cable, and I don’t watch the news.

I haven’t posted anything from “the news”, I provided the official figures from the energy agency.

The market is agnostic, it cares about money over politics. While politics can effect the market, chances are any data from the market is going to be more free from bias than a run of the mill article.

You still haven’t provided any data of your own. You’ve just use hubris to say that people must be under a rock or new to the market while using hyperbole to diminish any information that doesn’t line up with your opinion.

The difference here is you’re missing the whole context of my point because you seem to think I either have bias, or have fallen victim to the bias of someone else. But I pointed out inflation is very real, just arguing it’s driving energy costs and not the other way around.

So I’m not even attempting to defend one administration or the other, merely pointing out they’re both missing the mark on inflation.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You still have not shown that Trump produced deepfake AIs.

That's hillarious that he thinks one states' law is a big deal.
Yeah, we'll wait for red state Tennessee to sue Trump.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: WeMustCare

You do realize that, globally, food prices have gone up. This has nothing to do with Biden.

There are other factors in play that have increased prices globally.

Tell me some reasons that don't include the Biden Admin...

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kallipygywiggy

No he didn't. What a weird post to make.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:40 AM
link   

A bit off topic but BRICS is not going to do us well. They don’t have the best of intentions when it comes to the US dollar. America has no clue about what’s about to hit us in the future as far as our dollar goes. Motions are already in play for the US to fail.

Maybe if we borrowed more trillions eh?

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   

You missed the point about production of by-products (like gasoline) being slowed down and controlled to keep prices up. And BTUs isn't genuine volume like barrels are. Clever. That's how they are fooling everybody. 🔀🔁

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   

You missed the point about production of by-products (like gasoline) being slowed down and controlled to keep prices up. And BTUs isn't genuine volume like barrels are. Clever. That's how they are fooling everybody. 🔀🔁

You are right that refining took a hit. Some got hit by hurricanes, and a couple really old ones caught on fire.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

You still have not shown that Trump produced deepfake AIs.

That's hillarious that he thinks one states' law is a big deal.
Yeah, we'll wait for red state Tennessee to sue Trump.

Tennessee isn't going to sue Trump over this. Taylor Swift, who is based in Nashville, Tennessee might, though. She has every right to.

I'm thinking Taylor Swift can probably out lawyer Donald Trump on this one.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

This administration’s decisions have had a large affect on the world economy.

Which of those decisions have had a large effect on the world economy?

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Sookiechacha

Democrats are full swing with edited lies for The Kamala effort. This could be another Democrat frame-up. 🤣🤣

I'm thinking it was probably Barron Trump and his friends' bright idea and creations. As Flyers Fan pointed out, Trump is a 78 year old man who doesn't know about internet stuff! After all, he did proudly "re-Truth" the images out, with his approval and "Acceptance", under his own account!

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

How about the fact that Ukraine is one of the largest exporters of grains. Because of the war Ukraine has sowed 22% less grain. Driving prices up. The war in Ukraine has also caused fertilizer prices to increase. This leads to lower crop yields and higher prices.
And even though the United States is outproducing everyone in oil. Something like 13 million barrels daily. The price of oil has not gone down. Keeping prices high.
Let's not forget weather. La nina affects crop yeilds and raises prices.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Tennessee isn't going to sue Trump over this. Taylor Swift, who is based in Nashville, Tennessee might, though. She has every right to.

He's an old guy who saw pictures on the internet and thought they were real so he reposted them. He got fooled. It's not the first time he's been fooled by the internet. We ALL get fooled by the fakes. He didn't make them. You are salivating over this and it's ridiculous.
edit on 8/20/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You are salivating over this and it's ridiculous.

You're overly triggered by Trump's culpability.

He's an old guy who saw pictures on the internet and thought they were real so he reposted them.

Sure, Trump really thought Taylor Swift advised her followers to vote for him, because he saw a fake, artificial intelligence generated, cartoonish image of her somewhere, and proudly re-truthed it as TRUTH.

It's not the first time he's been fooled by the internet. We ALL get fooled by the fakes. He didn't make them.

Ever heard the term "Ignorance of the law is no excuse"? But maybe Trump's lawyers could use your help when the case comes up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join