It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting in Britain

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Many countries are issuing travel advisories to the U.K. so your tourism industry may suffer.

www.msn.com...

U.K. police are cracking down on rioters and preparing more prison places because they are labeling these demonstrations as terrorism.

U.K. Prime Minister Keir Starmer characterized the violence as “far-right thuggery” while the country’s former head of counter-terrorism policing Neil Basu, said Monday that some of the violence seen during the riots has “crossed the line into terrorism.”

The government pledged to increase police numbers and said there would be an immediate crackdown on the rioting, adding that anyone involved would be dealt with immediately by the country’s criminal justice system. More than 500 extra prison places are also being prepared to detain suspected rioters.

www.cnbc.com...

I am not living in the U.K. but just wanted to say that I hope the illegal immigration issues can somehow be addressed and solved, but if the U.S. is any indication of government ineffectiveness in dealing with migrants then all I can do is pray for you all.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Talk about a sore'yin!

I bet the majority of the halftards that choose to mob and riot or fight Police wish they had stayed home and played "Call of Duty" now.

The Home Office said: “Anyone involved in criminal disorder or violent thuggery on UK streets will have to pay the price.” It then linked a photo which showed: Rioting - up to 10 years. Violent disorder - up to five years. Criminal damage - up to 10 years.

www.express.co.uk...

Cant do the time, dont do the crime.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If someone did all three crimes is the time added up to 25 years?

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

I'm not sure if it will be concurrently and consecutively where multiple crimes are concerned.

carpy2 or Bastion would be able to provide better information there methinks.
edit on 8-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I'd be amazed if Starmer hadn't at least sent private messages of condolence to the families.
I can understand why that wouldn't be made public

If that is the case then perhaps it would be wise if a member of his team were to 'leak' it to the Press.

Maybe the families of those affected may have told Starmer's team they wouldn't like to be used a political tool and they want to grieve in private.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Its concurrent not consecutive, they serve the length of the longest sentence unless specifically stated consecutive or at least that's always been my understanding.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Many countries are issuing travel advisories to the U.K. so your tourism industry may suffer.

The sun's gone in.....playtime is over.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The sun's gone in.....playtime is over.

London, so far, is unscathed, but for how much longer?

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 09:43 AM
link   

UK riots live: Almost 500 arrested over far-right disorder, as judges hit thugs with more heavy jail sentences

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 10:04 AM
link   
How to make a people angry , a 90 second synopsis of how we got to this point.

Perfect.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Were both sides equally targeted by the police, or are they blind in the Muslim eye ?

Cheers

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
How to make a people angry , a 90 second synopsis of how we got to this point.

Perfect.

What a whinney little victim.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Freeborn is correct. Concurrent.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It's ☔🌧️ raining too. They won't want to get their balaclavas, face coverings or hoodies all wet.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Freeborn is correct. Concurrent.

Yeah, that's what I thought and I don't know why they are saying these rioters are getting heavy sentences, because the violent damage charge on one person was only 2 years and 8 months, instead of the 5 years as stated in another article.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Labour councillor Ricky Jones has been arrested.

UPDATE: Officers have arrested a man aged in his 50s at an address in South East London.

He was held on suspicion of encouraging murder and for an offence under the Public Order Act.

He is in custody at a south London police station.
x.com...

Now we'll see if he's "fast tracked" through the court system.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

No doubt he will feel the full farce of the law.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Being reported on BBC he addressed a demo saying far right supporters "should have their throats cut".

Rather harsh??!! 😞
edit on 8-8-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Labour councillor Ricky Jones has been arrested.

UPDATE: Officers have arrested a man aged in his 50s at an address in South East London.

He was held on suspicion of encouraging murder and for an offence under the Public Order Act.

He is in custody at a south London police station.
x.com...

Now we'll see if he's "fast tracked" through the court system.

This is what Starmer has created with his lack of leadership and child like reactions to a real issue.
Arresting people for words and tweets in anger.
What a pillock.
He's backed himself into a corner.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   

More here:

BBC News - Councillor arrested over counter-protest remarks
www.bbc.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join