It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting in Britain

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I just watched a clip of a journalist from the continent being questioned, and -not- by an "English conservative", as to why he was "there" ?

I mean, I understand there are dumb-a**es everywhere, but news crews get around during newsworthy events and ask questions. That is part of their job, and anyone who has any kind of awareness knows that.

Don't want to talk to the press ? Sure, I get that. But don't harass them.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
"Peaceful protest" in Croydon last night.

All day, it was rumoured that the EDL was coming to town to protest, but they did not turn up. Anarchy descended to Croydon for the first time since the infamous 2011 unrest.

Guess that doesn't fit the MSM narrative.

There are many narratives that seem to be very selective on when to be outraged.
Unfortunately, it seems par for the course.

edit on 8/8/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The law recognises five types of hate crime on the basis of:

Race
Religion
Disability
Sexual orientation
Transgender identity
Any crime can be prosecuted as a hate crime if the offender has either:

demonstrated hostility based on race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or transgender identity
Or

been motivated by hostility based on race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or transgender identity.

So, maybe not!
edit on 8-8-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Really? Is that a march? What do you think would happen if they encountered the other side of that coin? Rock throwing? Angry voices yelling?
edit on q00000041831America/Chicago3838America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Well, the fake narratives Farage, Tate, and Robinson felt the need to perpetrate certainly did not help, so there is that.

As to those ars@oles, in the video jail them with the rest.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Same happened in Birmingham, same happened in Stoke and very similar happened in Regent Street.
Of course not a single mention on BBC, ITV, Sky or national press etc.

Quelle surprise.

But of course we haven't got a two tier policing system.......

I was at a protest last year in London - the first time I'd been to London for a few years, and probably the last - and there was constant aggressive policing by The Met. There was a counter-protest that was very antagonistic and aggressive. The Met response was to kettle and coral the protesters not the counter-protesters.
I sacked it off and went to Camden for a few beers and a laugh, a far more productive way to spend my time.

The point is two tier policing has been in force for quite some time now, its nothing new......and its generally accepted by those who have any sort of authority on such matters.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well, the fake narratives Farage, Tate, and Robinson felt the need to perpetrate certainly did not help, so there is that.

As to those ars@oles, in the video jail them with the rest.

We've already established that your sources to claim Farage was pushing a fake narrative was bogus - and based on the most dodgy source of all , James O'Brien. LOL
As for Tate and Robinson - they did what you did. Focused on religion and named the religion of the perp without confirmation.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

So trying to incite people to kill others due to their perceived political affiliation or ideology isn't a hate crime?
That's a bit of an anomaly isn't it?

How about trying to incite an act of terrorism?

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   

When two tier policing started, it was politically expedient.

Now, IMO, it is done because the "authorities" hope they can avoid open conflict along religious-faith lines.

I wonder what Douglas Murray has to say about these events.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   

No we havent.

What we did establish was the identity of the piece of scum in question, that being a homegrown Christian.

Axel Rudakubana, who was born in Cardiff, appeared at Liverpool Crown Court earlier this week and was charged with murdering the three girls. He was also charged with 10 counts of attempted murder after eight other children and two adults were seriously injured in the attack.

UK attack suspect not a Muslim or asylum-seeker as claimed by far-right. Police reveal identity of knife attack suspect as 17-year-old Axel Rudakubana, born in UK to Rwandan Christian parents, after far-right groups spread misinformation and instigated riots against Muslims in Britain.

But that's not what Tate claimed and Farage and Robinson went on to perpetuate.

I did not incite any riots, and i dare yo to show where i have.

You can add it to the other silly claims you made within your strange fascination of me that you have also failed to substantiate.

You not doing very well today UKTruth.

Whats up, are you expecting a chap at the door?

www.bbc.com...
edit on 8-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I am doing fine thanks
You made a claim on something Farage said - which turned out to be totally untrue.
I just called you on it, which is the right thing to do because we should not allow lies to perpetuate.
Accept you got it wrong and move on.
Learn from it and get the details right, especially at times like these.

As for Tate you seem to have a problem that he speculated that the perp was a muslim. He did the same thing as you speculating that the perp is a Christian - because his parents are. Both speculations.
Neither of which is the cause of the riots, despite your strange need to pin things on those you are ideologically opposed to.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Ive not problem, nobody going to chap my door.

What Tate claimed and Farage and Robinson chose to perpetrate is rather clear and public knowledge.

Tate speculated that he was a 55-year-old Mulsim just off the boats via the image he posted.

And thats another fact.

And they may not have caused the riots across the nation but the lies they chose to spread certainly did not help matters and did indeed contribute to the violence.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   

It doesn't seem to fall within any of the five hate crime categories.

A hate crime is not a separate offence, if any crime falls within one of the five categories prosecutors can apply for extended sentencing powers.

Still, guilty until proven even more guilty!

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Ive not problem, nobody going to chap my door.

What Tate claimed and Farage and Robinson chose to perpetrate is rather clear and public knowledge.

Tate speculated that he was a 55-year-old Mulsim just off the boats via the image he posted.

And thats another fact.

Your linked source - James O'Brien (good grief) shows otherwise.
What Farage actually said was the police appeared to be witholding details and that others online were speculating. Not simply Tate.
You lied and were called on it.
Move on and don't double down on a lie.
Just because Farage is opposed ideologically to you, you should not be lying and smearing other people.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Yeah, i lied. LoL

Its just circles with you now.

I'm not here to convince Gammon even if you are fascinated with me.

What Tate, Farage, and Robinson did was despicable.

So on that note, i think ile go have a bowl of soup.

Have fun waiting for that chap at the door.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Yeah, i lied. LoL

Its just circles with you now.

I'm not here to convince Gammon even if you are fascinated with me.

What Tate, Farage, and Robinson did was despicable.

So on that note, i think ile go have a bowl of soup.

Have fun waiting for that chap at the door.

It's only circles because you can't accept you were caught in a lie.
Farage did not say - in your source - that the perp was a Muslim. He was complaining about the police not being transparent and commenting that people were discussing the very same online.

For you to then try and pin the entire riots on Farage - as your comedy source James O'Brien did - is just plain wrong.
We need to have better discourse than that - not just pinning # on the people we don't like, which is what you are doing. It's destructive.

I would also steer clear of trying to incite violence against Christians.
Leaving religion, skin colour, etc out of it is the best approach.
There are crazy people in all walks of life.

This is a highly sensitive and emotive subject in the UK and pinning blame on individuals - and worse lying about what they said - is really counter productive (at best).

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Im not caught in any lie.

Do you condone the actions of Tate, Farage, and Robinson?

There is a better question.

Why would i try and pin the entire riots on Farage when the cause is clear?

That does not mean he did not try to fan the flames for political kudos by repeating lies and falsehood claims made by others.

And who is this "we" I'm only hearing one numpty and thats a "you".

What I'm doing is calling out your heroes for the scum that they are.

And because of what they choose to do.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Im not caught in any lie.

Do you condone the actions of Tate, Farage, and Robinson?

There is a better question.

Why would i try and pin the entire riots on Farage when the cause is clear?

That does not mean he did not try to fan the flames for political kudos by repeating lies and falsehood claims made by others.

And who is this "we" I'm only hearing one numpty and thats a "you".

What I'm doing is calling out your heroes for the scum that they are.

And because of what they choose to do.

The same way I do not condone your focus on the religion of the perp, I do not condone either Tate or Robinson.
As for Farage, he didn't say anything wrong, so there is no need to condone or not.

My heroes are not politicians or social media personalities.
Ideologues have heroes and villains in the political and influencer space - and as such they tend to make grand claims about their heroes being perfect and their villains being responsible for everything... a bit like you blaming Farage for riots.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Well, at least that's something.

The thing is it is not my assessment of the horrible bastard's religion but the Police who made the statement.

So you may wish to take the query up with them.

UK attack suspect not a Muslim or asylum-seeker as claimed by far-right. Police reveal the identity of knife attack suspect as 17-year-old Axel Rudakubana, born in UK to Rwandan Christian parents, after far-right groups spread misinformation and instigated riots against Muslims in Britain.

Safe bet he was not a 55-year-old boat person like Tate claimed and presented pictures of that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The police did not mention his religion.
The said he was born into a Rwandan Christian family.
As yet we do not know if he was Christian in any meaningful way - or indeed if he rebelled against it and chose another faith or no faith.
You have speculated on his religion - needlessly in my view - which is exactly what Tate did.
Two peas in a pod.

What the likes of Tate and yourself don't seem to understand is that it should not matter what his religion is.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join