It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump agrees to debate Harris, and gets better terms.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
lol,
So suddenly he can debate earlier?
And Fox News is what made him more comfortable?
Not surprising. They might figure out a way to make him look like less of a total mess.

What if they moved up the original, agreed upon venue?

Heiress wasn't part of any agreement.

Trump offered, she declined.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Dandandat3

She could try to negotiate the room, or the time slot or the network or the moderators or the audience.

Why? it's already been taken care of. She has better things to do with her time, than get played by Trump's run-around schemes.

Yeah.

Like convince the DNC she’s the lapdog they’re looking for as opposed to the REAL candidate they’ll unleash at the convention.

And all the press conferences she has lined up.

And convince the American voter she can navigate WW3.

She’s gonna get mopped. And cheers to Trump for heading back to Pennsylvania.

Now. On a semi-related note, will you tell your chosen one to remove Biden’s face from all the emails she and her hubby keep asking for $ since I’m too lazy to unregister as a democrat (I was young and naive once).

It’s a little….weird.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It's not a stupid excuse... it's an entirely valid point to make.

The Democrats changed the entire race by pulling their originally candidate and putting in a brand new one ... and your perfectly fine with that. (So am I)

But Trump trying to change one debate is a bridge to far for you?

Yours is an entirely selfish argument.

Does it hurt Trump for not saying "F it, I'm strong enough to give Democrats any and all advantages they want" ... sure it diminishes Trump's persona; but it is still a valid argument to want to negotiate a debate with your current opponent, rather than your last opponent.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican

She could try to negotiate the room, or the time slot or the network or the moderators or the audience.

Why? it's already been taken care of. She has better things to do with her time, than get played by Trump's run-around schemes.

Yeah.

Like convince the DNC she’s the lapdog they’re looking for as opposed to the REAL candidate they’ll unleash at the convention.

Just watch how fast they jump behind Bachelor(ette?) #3 then tell us again how askeert Trump is.
Lucky for them, their condition can be treated once they acknowledge it.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I'm not seeing it.

Trump needs to coordinate and pay for a new non-neutral venue, FOX News, rent the space for an audience, select and hire the moderators because Biden dropped out and Kamala Harris took his place?

AND!!!...If Kamala Harris doesn't agree to this set-up, she's "backing out"!?

LOL

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Kamalla Cordon Bleu.

Kentucky Fried Kamalla.

What came first? Kamalla or the egg?

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Trump needs to coordinate and pay for ...

Trump doesn't coordinate or pay for anything.
That's all on the outlet that is doing the debate.
They coordinate it all and they pay for it all.

(unless it's done under the Commission on Presidential Debates as usual ... then they sponsor and produce it. But the Trump/Biden debate was not, and that was on the network to take care of Commission on Presidential Debates

Trump bought and paid for the network, time slot, the room, the moderators, the audience....

No. The network pays for that. And no one pays for the audience.
edit on 8/3/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What came first?

I know this is a conspiracy site but some questions....you just don't want the answers for.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Trump needs to coordinate and pay for a new non-neutral venue

Who's going to pay Trump back for all the money he wasted campaigning against a candidate that drops out because he was slaughtered in the last debate?

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I have never made the argument she is "backing out" of anything.

My entire argument is about whether or not she can negotiate for her self; whether or not she can rise to the challenge, even if as you argue it puts her at a disadvantage. It's not even about Trump when you get to the bottom of it.

You are arguing that she doesn't have rise to the challenge, does not have to prove she can stand up against the odds. I am arguing she does have too.

(S)he's running away ... (s)he's afraid... and ect are just childish arguments ment for the low IQ voters.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

She's only doing what she's told, like Biden used to.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I'm not seeing it.

Trump needs to coordinate and pay for a new non-neutral venue, FOX News, rent the space for an audience, select and hire the moderators because Biden dropped out and Kamala Harris took his place?

AND!!!...If Kamala Harris doesn't agree to this set-up, she's "backing out"!?

LOL

Nah. Not quite. See Sook, Harris isn’t calling the shots. Not a one. Not any of them.

When her predecessor crapped the bed and bailed at the behest of his handlers so she (or someone else) could get that sweet, sweet donor money, her hand had been played for her. From day one.

Whether or not Trump is scared ain’t the issue (although the DNC is playing this card because it’s the only one that would save face in this farce of a Travi-Sha-Mockery) they have amidst the brouhaha they’ve conjured and ensnared themselves in with a lackluster nominee.

See Sookie, she’s on the backfoot and has to go along with the scrabble of the unwashed masses as we bark for red meat. Harris made it to the big time and she’s out of her depth and outclassed on all sides, especially her own.

The red meat being her vs. Trump.

She has no sway. No clout. No pull besides being a DEI-hire woman of color gunning (poorly) for the WH nomination from her own ruthless party. The one one that betrayed American voters and Joe Biden months before the election. You remember this right?

Same one that needs to burn the democratic process to save it. Ya know, Democrats.

Clearly she will be dictated to until she is discarded like a carcass just like Joe was.

But yeah.

Trump is “scurt” while holding the winning hand.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Unbelievable all the whining from you lefty’s here, you sound like a bunch of childless old cat lady’s named Karen.

The debate should be on FOX, his last one was on CNN and if any of you can remember the last FOX debate with Wallace didn’t do him any favors, actually the opposite, Wallace was a D to him. If I was him I wouldn’t want another libtard msm network that hates me moderating my debate either. So give your screeching a rest would ya, it’s making you look SILLY.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Why in the world would you think that? Trump rejected and refused to participate in the Commission for Presidential Debates, which has always cordinated the debates. He's rejected the ABC debate. Now you think he should ge a free FOX News, prime time time slot, free moderators of his choice, a room with a hand selected audience and new set the rules of engagement at no cost to him or his campaign, for free?

Pretty sure that would be some kind of campaign contribution violation.

edit on 5520242024k05America/Chicago2024-08-03T13:05:55-05:0001pm2024-08-03T13:05:55-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Yes. Why?

Because he did the CNN debate with all of the concessions.

Not to mention Heiress was never part of a debate agreement with ABC

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Why in the world would you think that?

Because that's the truth of the matter. Neither Trump nor Biden paid for or coordinated the last debate which was on CNN, left wing home ground. The same will be for the next debate which will be on FOX, right wing home ground, this time. The networks pay for it. Actually, CNN had commercials pay for it. Not sure if FOX will do commercials. Probably will.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   

a reply to: FlyersFan

Why in the world would you think that? Trump rejected and refused to participate in the Commission for Presidential Debates, which has always cordinated the debates. He's rejected the ABC debate. Now you think he should ge a free FOX News, prime time time slot, free moderators of his choice, a room with a hand selected audience and new set the rules of engagement at no cost to him or his campaign, for free?

Pretty sure that would be some kind of campaign contribution violation.

$10 sez he gets what he wants.

The Dems F’d themselves.
Kamala is just along for the ride.

What cable channel isn’t gonna get that kind of free publicity and ratings. Are you serious?

You’re joking right?

About campaign contribution violations. Right?

Right?

edit on 3-8-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   

My entire argument is about whether or not she can negotiate for her self; whether or not she can rise to the challenge

What a waste of time for such a load of garbage!
Pffft Making out like Trump's cowardly bait and switch is some grand political issue and a critical reveal of strength.

It just stinks of desperation.
edit on 0520242024k11America/Chicago2024-08-03T13:11:05-05:0001pm2024-08-03T13:11:05-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Does it stink more than an unelected nominee and a drop out president?

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I accept your withdrawal. I understand...

Trump has delivered a cowardly bait and switch over a debate.

But Democrats didn't deliver a cowardly bait and switch by changing candidates in the middle of a race?

Its a hard position to argue.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join