It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump agrees to debate Harris, and gets better terms.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:26 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Former President Trump announced Friday night that he has agreed to Fox News' proposal for a debate against Vice President Kamala Harris.

Trump said the debate would be held on Sept. 4 in Pennsylvania, although the location of the event has not yet been determined.

The former president also noted that an ABC News debate previously scheduled against President Biden before he suspended his re-election campaign had been canceled, citing his lawsuit against that network and one of its hosts, George Stephanopoulos.

Since Trump is in a lawsuit with ABC currently, his point about a conflict of interests is valid. But he even moved up the date from September 10th, to the 4th. So it doesn't sound like he's scared at all. I hope Harris leaves the word salad in the fridge, if the left implodes again, I don't think they will have time to run another one by September 5th.

I do like the part where the format will be largely the same. Having Trump's mic cut when he's not speaking seems to have helped him a great deal. If he can stick to the issues, and not veer off into personal insult land, I think it will go well. But he has to be strong enough to not take the bait. And keep his inner asshole at bay.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Why does Trump not want to be fact-checked?

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
same reason Harris won't want it live.

I'm pretty sure you all will be way up his ass claiming he lied the entire time, or some such nonsense. But if he does lie, it will be easy enough to point out after the debate. But I'll put in a special word for you with the politicians in DC and tell them all that Xcalibur want's them to stop lying and just tell the truth. fairzies?

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:35 AM
link   

There is a difference mate.

There's Fact Checking meaning checking to see if what he says is an actual Fact concerning all things .

Then there is The Lefts Fact Checking . Meaning if he says something that does not go with the Lefts agenda .

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

cause trump can use a figure of speech while talking and the dem left ones will spin it saying he gonna be a dictator and massacre millions advocating for political violence.

remember bloodbath.

edit on 3-8-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I think this is a smart play, especially the mics muted to force the best version of Trump in this context.

I personally think if he kept that kind of cadence throughout the campaign, it wouldn’t even be close.

I know he’s prone to do the off the cuff thing since it worked in 16’, but I think that election was different. Clinton was a known quantity whereas Trump was an unknown. People were willing to gamble more.

I’m not saying he has to be full blown statesman through this all, but I think he gets the most traction when he really shows the capacity for it.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

But this would be Fox. Friendly territory for him. Why doesn't he even want them fact checking them?

By the way, to the OP, if the only way Trump is willing to debate is by making sure everything is in favor, it doesn't come off as strength.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:09 AM
link   
His lawsuit was filed before he agreed to the debate with Biden, yet he agreed. Now, suddenly it's a problem?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:12 AM
link   

For the same reason we don't want machines counting votes.....

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I''ll bet anyone that she doesn't do it.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You mean she won't attend the already agreed upon scheduled Presidential debate? She will. Apparently Trump won't.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   

a reply to: asabuvsobelow

But this would be Fox. Friendly territory for him. Why doesn't he even want them fact checking them?

By the way, to the OP, if the only way Trump is willing to debate is by making sure everything is in favor, it doesn't come off as strength.

Yea, trying to get the best terms is such a stupid way to do things. I bet that's why you are so wildly successful. DERP?

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

You mean she won't attend the already agreed upon scheduled Presidential debate? She will. Apparently Trump won't.

She won't do this debate.

+1 more 
link   

His lawsuit was filed before he agreed to the debate with Biden, yet he agreed. Now, suddenly it's a problem?

So the other day, Trump was running scared and wouldn't debate the master debater Kamala, but now there are other problems since he is no longer fitting that paradigm. If you weren't consistent, it would be difficult, but since you are, this is fun. I should have called that in the OP. But letting it play out organically is just as fun. Orange Man Bad. (did I do that right?)

link   

He already agreed to the September 10th debate and by the way, challenged Biden to another debate straight after the first one “at any place any time”, in his own words.

Yet now it’s Kamala he initially refuses to debate at all, then eventually says he’ll only do it on Fox News, a network which was fined $787 million for lying on Trumps behalf.

For such a self proclaimed tough guy, he sure seems to be coming across as a scared old man to me.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

She won't do this debate.

She is running askeert! Runnoft as it were.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:22 AM
link   
As long as they don’t bring up who has the better stroke average over their lifetime, I’m good.

*wink

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadedGhost

He already agreed to the September 10th debate and by the way, challenged Biden to another debate straight after the first one “at any place any time”, in his own words.

Yet now it’s Kamala he initially refuses to debate at all, then eventually says he’ll only do it on Fox News, a network which was fined $787 million for lying on Trumps behalf.

For such a self proclaimed tough guy, he sure seems to be coming across as a scared old man to me.

I wonder what he could have done to come across as a confident leader in your eyes. Kidding, I know how shallow the well is.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Yet one was agreed upon and scheduled. Why does it need to suddenly change? That means the one who agreed, is now scared, not the opposite.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

I don't think he could compare in that department.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join