It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What am I missing with regard to SCOTUS roe v wade thing?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: Vermilion

Justice Samuel Alito Leaked Hobby Lobby Decision On Contraception In 2014

Huffington Post claims Alito ALLEGEDLY leaked.

Of course they did. šŸ‘Œ

ETA: thatā€™s probably why I never heard about it.
The huffington post šŸ¤”
Heavy on the huffing, know what Iā€™m saying.
edit on 31-7-2024 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   

That's just the first article I pulled. All the media outlets covered it. Rev. Schenck was even called before Congress to testify.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

That's just the first article I pulled. All the media outlets covered it. Rev. Schenck was even called before Congress to testify.

Alleged from over a year ago and went nowhere.
Turns out it was a nothing burger. šŸ‘Œ

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: matafuchs

So, you're saying...not only is abortion a hot issue for this election, but the Supreme Court is a hot issue too?

Well, mark the date, because I couldn't agree more! Dems need to elect a Democrat to, once and for all, FIX abortion AND this SCOTUS thing!

why not just make Murder legal, and then all this goes away.

I guess that what they did in Kansas, et al, where the voters voted to reinstate the Roe standards and guidelines into their state constitution, after the Dobbs decision.

But you said they outlawed abortion. I'm having a hard time following the outrage de-jour. Could you folks have a meeting and focus your social justice warrior anger in the same direction, so we all know what it is you are angry about please?

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

But you said they outlawed abortion.

I never said any such thing.

SCOTUS revoked a constitutional right, legally retained by the people for 5 decades. There certainly are states that have outlawed abortion, and there is a coalition of Republicans on The Hill seeking a federal abortion ban and are ready to re-introduce the "Life Begins at Conception Act", just as soon as they think they have the votes.

VOTE DEMOCRAT!

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   

But you said they outlawed abortion.

I never said any such thing.

SCOTUS revoked a constitutional right, legally retained by the people for 5 decades. There certainly are states that have outlawed abortion, and there is a coalition of Republicans on The Hill seeking a federal abortion ban and are ready to re-introduce the "Life Begins at Conception Act", just as soon as they think they have the votes.

VOTE DEMOCRAT!

Why would I vote democrat? I love my country.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

SCOTUS revoked a constitutional right

Abortion is not a constitutional right.

I have more of a constitutional right to own a cannon than you to have an abortion.ā˜ļø

Itā€™s enshrined.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 09:10 PM
link   

August 5, 2024

Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch explained it so that even CBS News's Major Garrett could understand what the Supreme Court did, regarding Roe -v- Wade..

Gorsuch: I would say those are deeply complex legal questions on which reasonable minds can, of course, and do disagree.

And that when it comes to Roe v. Wade, for example, what did the court decide?

Decided that we the people should answer that question, not nine people sitting in Washington, D.C."
Gorsuch left Garrett w/Egg-On-Face: redstate.com...

-and-

Source #2: x.com...

LIBERALS LIKE GARRETT ARE SO OBTUSE. šŸ¤”

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Hey dipchit, show us in the Constitution where is says, You have the right to kill your unborn child.

We will wait, for F'n ever, because it was never a Constitutional Right.

Only brainwashed loser liberals would believe such BS.

Do some Research and see for your self.

READ THE CONSTITUTION AND SEE.

Unless you're too damn lazy to find out for yourself.
In which case, you deserve to be a mindless liberal tool.

Choice is yours.

Because I know braindead leftists will never follow through with any request calling them out. I have copy and pasted those RIGHTS right here for all of ATS to see. Who can find the murder your child rights...?

The Bill of Rights

The Bill of Rights is the first 10 Amendments to the Constitution. It spells out Americansā€™ rights in relation to their government. It guarantees civil rights and liberties to the individualā€”like freedom of speech, press, and religion. It sets rules for due process of law and reserves all powers not delegated to the Federal Government to the people or the States. And it specifies that ā€œthe enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.ā€

The First Amendment

The First Amendment provides several rights protections: to express ideas through speech and the press, to assemble or gather with a group to protest or for other reasons, and to ask the government to fix problems. It also protects the right to religious beliefs and practices. It prevents the government from creating or favoring a religion.

The Second Amendment

The Second Amendment protects the right to keep and bear arms.

The Third Amendment

The Third Amendment prevents government from forcing homeowners to allow soldiers to use their homes. Before the Revolutionary War, laws gave British soldiers the right to take over private homes.

The Fourth Amendment

The Fourth Amendment bars the government from unreasonable search and seizure of an individual or their private property.

The Fifth Amendment

The Fifth Amendment provides several protections for people accused of crimes. It states that serious criminal charges must be started by a grand jury. Ā A person cannot be tried twice for the same offense (double jeopardy) or have property taken away without just compensation. People have the right against self-incrimination and cannot be imprisoned without due process of law (fair procedures and trials).

The Sixth Amendment

The Sixth Amendment provides additional protections to people accused of crimes, such as the right to a speedy and public trial, trial by an impartial jury in criminal cases, and to be informed of criminal charges. Witnesses must face the accused, and the accused is allowed his or her own witnesses and to be represented by a lawyer.Ā 

The Seventh Amendment

The Seventh Amendment extends the right to a jury trial in Federal civil cases.

The Eighth Amendment

The Eighth Amendment bars excessive bail and fines and cruel and unusual punishment.

The Ninth Amendment

The Ninth Amendment states that listing specific rights in the Constitution does not mean that people do not have other rights that have not been spelled out.

The Tenth Amendment

The Tenth Amendment says that the Federal Government only has those powers delegated in the Constitution. If it isnā€™t listed, it belongs to the states or to the people.

No Body, No One, Has the right to kill their child

edit on 6-8-2024 by ADVISOR because: Because No One Has The Right To Kill Children, in the Constitution, period!

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Show us where in the constitution says that abortion is a right.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Hey dipchit,

This is where I stopped reading.

originally posted by: marg6043

Show us where in the constitution says that abortion is a right.

Please tell me where the Constitution mentions the unborn or fetal rights.

Marg, the Constitution doesn't bestow, grant or create rights. The Constitution is premised on the idea that "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are inalienable rights, granted to us by our "creator".

The Constitution outlines a blueprint for the governance of a people who consent to be governed through the concept of "representation".

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

What the Constitution does, is inform the people and government when the government has the right to violate those inalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. For example, the government can't take a person's life, liberty or property without first applying a system of "Due Process".

In 1973 the US Supreme Court recognized that a woman's right to privacy, as protected by the 14th Amendment, applies to her personal autonomy, and therefore her choice to access abortion. Of course, women have exercised their autonomy when it comes to pregnancy, its prevention and termination since the dawn of time. So, it's kinda hard to argue that a woman's autonomy over her body isn't an inalienable right, bestowed on her by her creator, even with Dobbs ruling, which revokes a woman's right to privacy when it comes to the contents of her uterus.

However, we do have the 9th Amendment:

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

The US Supreme Court also ruled that the 2nd Amendment encompasses the inalienable right to self-defense. I would say that a woman has the right to use lethal force against a pregnancy that puts her life or limb is at risk.

I can also argue that 1st Amendment, the 4th Amendment and the 13th Amendment protects a woman's reproductive rights, as well as the 2nd, the 9th and the 14th Amendments.

edit on 0020242024k47America/Chicago2024-08-06T12:47:00-05:0012pm2024-08-06T12:47:00-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I can also argue that 1st Amendment, the 4th Amendment and the 13th Amendment protects a woman's reproductive rights, as well as the 2nd, the 9th and the 14th Amendments.

You could but itā€™s a laughable argument that the court rejected.
Abortion is not, and never has been a constitutional right.
Roe was wrong and the court has remedied that giant mistake.
63,000,000 dead babies is unconscionable.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

*Attention* deflection.

I asked first, soo where in the constitution it says that abortion is protected.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You could but itā€™s a laughable argument that the court rejected.

SCOTUS has only heard and rejected the "privacy" argument, rooted in the 14th Amendment.

Right now, it's mulling over the (2ndA) problems that EMTALA provides the states that have banned abortion, and it looks as if it's going to uphold the lower court's decision to uphold ENTALA's abortion requirements, according to another leaked SCOTUS document.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

9th Amendment:

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 07:06 AM
link   

a reply to: marg6043

9th Amendment:

well done. It says chicks can kill babies at will if they are too lazy to use birth control. I must have missed that one in all the discussion. Consider me schooled.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I guess that means that you will vote for politicians that will impose a nationwide ban on abortion, with no exceptions for rape, incest or the health of a woman.

I know you're going to say that you're okay with abortion if it's to save the life of the woman, because you're such a generous guy. But you don't believe she has a constitutional right to that life saving abortion.

edit on 3620242024k36America/Chicago2024-08-07T09:36:36-05:0009am2024-08-07T09:36:36-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: ocd

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   

well, I'm a dude, and unless Silly Ole Me's dream of men being able to crap out a kid from their ass comes true, I won't be having a kid. But my opinion that it's murder still remains. Ending a life. be it by doctor, or smashing a skull in with a ball peen hammer, dead is dead, and intentionally doing it is murder in my eyes. But my opinion is just that. An old insignificant guy who prefers everyone have a chance to make it in this world.

Kill away while it's legal. Get those happy vibes when you snuff out the life of a child.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   

LOL You guys really miss that banned poster! You just keep trying to find out if she came back and who she is if she did! LOL, It's not me, Dude! HAHA

So, the question:

I know you're going to say that you're okay with abortion if it's to save the life of the woman, because you're such a generous guy. But you don't believe she has a constitutional right to that life saving abortion.

Your answer:

But my opinion that it's murder still remains. Ending a life. be it by doctor, or smashing a skull in with a ball peen hammer, dead is dead, and intentionally doing it is murder in my eyes.

Do your eyes also consider exercising your 2nd Amendment right to blow the head off an unarmed teenager trying to steal your TV and sound system intentional murder? What about an armed 12-year-old aiming a loaded gun at your 12-year-old; intentional murder?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join