It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What am I missing with regard to SCOTUS roe v wade thing?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Does a woman have a constitutional right to use lethal force against a pregnancy, or fetal person, that is threatening her life/limb?

No. No one has a constitutional right to a medical procedure or service.
And that is what abortion is. A medical procedure.
It's a service performed by butchers.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: quintessentone
It touches on the argument that a fetus has personhood, which it does not.

The unborn child has a beating heart and the murder of a wanted unborn child is a crime in much of this country. It's WEIRD that you, a foreigner, are so hell bent on making lots and lots of dead unborn Americans. Very WEIRD obsession you have going on there.

It has nothing to do with Americans, it has to do with the subject matter as a means of discussion. If you are unable to hold a discussion with someone other than an American then respond only to those known Americans.

I am here discussing abortion rights and will do so in any discussion from anywhere.

I probably have read more of your laws then you ever did, so don't underestimate what I do and don't know.

A woman's liberty is gone if she is forced to become an incubator against her will. Simple enough to understand, huh?

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: matafuchs
WTF does this have to do with abortion.

Nothing. It's off topic deflection and drivel from a far left activist.

I think the harping on the poster's national origin is off topic. We don't disqualify people's opinions based on the country they're posting from, here on ATS.

Didn't you used to be a moderator here, for a short while? You know better.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

It takes 2 to tango. Maybe don't be slut. Most agree in the case of rape or danger to the hosts life warrants a medical intervention. Why not have some rules to abortion?

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: some_stupid_name

It takes 2 to tango. Maybe don't be slut. Most agree in the case of rape or danger to the hosts life warrants a medical intervention. Why not have some rules to abortion?

Your post resembles slut,

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I probably have read more of your laws then you ever did, so don't underestimate what I do and don't know.

From your posts it's clear that you are clueless. You have no concept of what America is. You have no concept of STATES RIGHTS. You have no concept of what the Supreme Court is for or what it is supposed to do.

A woman's liberty is gone if she is forced to become an incubator against her will. Simple enough to understand, huh?

You are a foreigner.
Your obsession with Americans aborting other Americans is WEIRD.
Continually campaigning for it. That's demonic.

The Supreme Court put the decision for laws regarding the medical procedure of Abortion into the hands of the people. Instead of the federal government dictating what could and couldn't be done, the people of each state get to decide how their state is run. That is putting the decisions into the hands of the people.

The people get to decide. Too simple of a concept for your foreign far left pickled brain to understand. You all want big government and big daddy to make all laws, and have them skewed to the left, and force everyone to abide by them even if the state wants something different That's not how America is run. You don't even understand the basics of American civics. Your foreign opinion, though allowed, is uneducated and irrelevant.
edit on 8/8/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Your post resembles slut,

What type of America would you like see?

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

We don't disqualify people's opinions based on the country they're posting from, here on ATS.

Stating that someone is a foreigner and doesn't understand American laws, American civics, American culture is perfectly legitimate. I don't say that they can't have their opinion. But I sure in all hell can say that it's weird that a foreigner, who doesn't understand the first thing about America, is on this board campaigning hard for Americans to slaughter their babies in the womb. It's WEIRD. And I can have that opinion.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

No one has a constitutional right to a medical procedure or service.

I'm not asking about a medical procedure or service. It's not a hard question.

Does a woman have a constitutional right to use lethal force against a pregnancy, or fetal person, that is threatening her life/limb?[/ii]

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

states rights lie in the hands of the leaders not the people. Give the people a referendum vote on an individual issue then you will see what the people really want - without a referendum - the leaders decide.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   

You are a foreigner.
Your obsession with Americans aborting other Americans is WEIRD.
Continually campaigning for it. That's demonic.

You are desperate not to address the issue, and just want to dismiss the poster, because of the country from which they're posting is not the USA.

edit on 4920242024k23America/Chicago2024-08-08T12:23:49-05:0012pm2024-08-08T12:23:49-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I'm not asking about a medical procedure or service. It's not a hard question.

Does a woman have a constitutional right to use lethal force against a pregnancy, or fetal person, that is threatening her life/limb?[/ii]

Yes you are talking about a medical procedure or service. It's not hard to understand.

In order to end a pregnancy, a woman must use a medical procedure or service. And no ... medical procedures or services are NOT a constitutional right. They are a medical procedure or service ... something that has to be hired and paid for.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   

We elect those leaders to make those decisions.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:25 PM
link   

states rights lie in the hands of the leaders not the people.

Wrong. The people elect the leaders based on their policies. Then those leaders enact them. The people ARE deciding the laws and policies.

Give the people a referendum vote on an individual issue then you will see what the people really want - without a referendum - the leaders decide.

That's not a Constitutional Republic. That's a flat out Democracy where every law and every policy is voted for each and every time by every citizen in every part of the country. America is not a Democracy.

Like I said .. you are clueless about American culture, American civics, American law, and completely clueless about what we are founded on. Your opinion, although allowed, is uneducated and irrelevant.
edit on 8/8/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: some_stupid_name

Most agree in the case of rape or danger to the hosts life warrants a medical intervention.

Why do you think that is? Is it because you're such a compassionate group of people, that you would graciously allow an exception, or it because that woman has a fundamental right to terminate a pregnancy that was conceived in rape, or that is threatening the life of the woman?

link   

We elect those leaders to make those decisions.

Now you do, but when Roe v Wade was overturned states leaders just changed the laws without a vote from the people. All I can say, is tread carefully when messing around with taking away a woman's liberty.
edit on q00000027831America/Chicago4848America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

link   

You are desperate not to address the issue,

You lie alot. You should work on that. It's not a good look for you.

and just want to dismiss the poster, because of the country from which they're posting is not the USA.

I'm dismissing the poster because she is a foreigner with no knowledge or understanding of American civics, American law, American culture ... and she has a pathetically wrong understanding of what America is founded on. Her opinion, though allowed, is uneducated and irrelevant. She's a far left foreigner campaigning for more dead american babies ... and I'm allowed to find that obsession WEIRD.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   

More deflection, answer Sookie's question.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I'm asking about a constitutional right. It doesn't matter if that constitutional right also involves drinking a tea, using a coat hanger, taking a pill or undergoing surgery.

Does a woman have a constitutional right to use lethal force against a pregnancy, or fetal person, that is threatening her life/limb?

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Her opinion, though allowed, is uneducated and irrelevant.

Says the person who thinks our rights are derived from the Constitution.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join