It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What am I missing with regard to SCOTUS roe v wade thing?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

And I guess you guys should get ready for November when people that push these anti-abortion bills against the will of the people get voted out.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: network dude

At least 61% of Iowans opposed the abortion ban bill that was just voted on. It passed. So much for will of the people.

how did the will of the people get subverted? Please explain.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

You come at me like I am one who is sitting here cheering for the abortion bans, you disdain is misplaced.

Easy to say that now, if they wanted them out they would have done it by now. They knew who they were voting in when they did it, they are just now deciding that they are a problem.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:19 AM
link   

And I guess you guys should get ready for November when people that push these anti-abortion bills against the will of the people get voted out.

if that's the will of the people, then I suppose that's how it will work. Isn't democracy great!

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Except we know from experience that you guys will cry when Dems win saying they cheated.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:24 AM
link   

How many of those politicians that voted in favor of the bill campaigned on banning abortion?

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Except we know from experience that you guys will cry when Dems win saying they cheated.

When Republicans win, Democrats cry and scream at the sky and burn buildings down and loot.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:26 AM
link   

and when we cry about cheating, things get sorted out right away, don't they.

Can you please explain how the 61% of Iowan's were not allowed to have their voices heard? This sounds like an insurrection.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:28 AM
link   

How many politicians campaign on the thing that will piss off their constituents? You do understand the purpose of campaigning, right?

Are you trying to tell me that nobody in Iowa knew anything about who they were voting into office? Sounds to me like they don't really care who is in office....
edit on 30-7-2024 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

When Democrats win, Republicans try to start an insurrection.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:41 AM
link   

So, these politicians did not let their constituents know they would ban abortion but you're saying the people got what they deserve because they voted in these politicians?

Seems like these politicians hid their actual intents from their voters and then went against the will of the people.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:42 AM
link   

What people are missing, is the fact that abortion was never a Constitutional right...the opposite, Life Liberty pursuit of Happiness.

Let me say this again for those with reading comprehension issues.

There was never a Constitutional right, to murder your child.

Abortions are murder, not a contraceptive...

Don't like that moral, then perhaps those people should abort themselves if they so in favor of it.

edit on 30-7-2024 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:43 AM
link   

So, these politicians did not let their constituents know they would ban abortion but you're saying the people got what they deserve because they voted in these politicians?

Seems like these politicians hid their actual intents from their voters and then went against the will of the people.

Absolutely, that is one hellava truth bomb right there. I wonder what would happen if each state held a referendum on the subject.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:47 AM
link   

When Democrats win, Republicans try to start an insurrection.

Nearly 80 Million Republicans voted for Trump and probably half own guns.
And you are going to tell me that an unarmed 2,000 person protest in DC
in which some misbehaved and trespassed was an 'insurrection'??

Yeah right. That's retarded. There was no 'insurrection'.

Democrats cry and scream at the sky and insult and burn down buildings and loot. They react in this way and break the law all while trying to claim that it's 'free speech'. So next time you say 'Republicans claim cheating when they lose' ... keep in mind the Democrats behavior is much worse ... AND the Republicans who claim cheating in the Trump election DO have anecdotal evidence of foul play by the Democrats.

And no, I go Libertarian and am not a Republican, so I"m not cheerleading 'my side'.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:50 AM
link   

You seem to be trying to put words into my mouth that you want me to have said. Not how that works

All I am saying is that most politicians will not just randomly decide to support or ban something on a whim, unless they lean with the wind.

The voters are only as informed as they choose to be. The less they look into a candidate the less they have room to complain about them when they go against the beliefs they thought they had.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
There was never a Constitutional right, to murder your child.

Correct. Abortion is a medical procedure in which the mother stops the heart beating of the child. There is nothing in the Constitution about certain medical procedures being a Constitutional right. Roe v Wade puts abortion back to the people to decide what they want instead of the Federal Government saying what they have to do. States rights. Pure and simple.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Oops.

edit on 30-7-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

I'm sure it would be interesting to say the least, but I'm sure we will never know.

Most politicians, in any state, would probably get a lot of threats if their constituents knew how they voted on these matters....

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Definitely, the 2nd Amendment gives a woman the right to use lethal force to defend herself against a pregnancy that's threatening her health and/or life. You asked where the right to an abortion was enumerated in the Constitution. I'm saying, the Bill of Rights protects an individual's self-determination and autonomy.

We will probably never agree on Abortion. But I do admire your passion on the subject of Abortion and woman's rights.

That being said My feelings on abortion stem from experience . While I'm a male and of course I've never needed an abortion , I witnessed the Ugly underbelly of Abortion in A Democrat controlled City.

I transported a friend to a Planned Parent hood , It was her decision and she trusted me not to judge her. I sat in the parking lot for two hours watching young girl after young girl after young girl a non-stop train of young woman walking in and out of that place. It was sickening .

This was prior to the repeal of ROE , It was obvious Abortion had gotten out of control . That is why ROE was repealed and it happened under the most Left administration we've ever had in power.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
I sat in the parking lot for two hours watching young girl after young girl after young girl a non-stop train of young woman walking in and out of that place.

The closest I ever came to an abortuary was when I was in the army and signed into the military hospital on a naval base for an OB/GYN appointment. The sign in sheet was on the counter for everyone to see. Half the people were signing in because of fertility problems wanting children and not being able to have them. The other half were signed in for abortions. It was like a sick joke. Heartbreaking and disgusting at the same time.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join